15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
hot_andy4u2002 said:
If someone is using an agent or lawyer, would CIC send the rcmp request to the agent/lawyer or to applicant's email address ?
If you have any representative (lawyer/friend etc), CIC would communicate to that person's email id.

savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand why are you guys getting confused when it clearly says "if you have submitted - then disregard"
How more straightforward it could be?

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
savva said:
I don't understand why are you guys getting confused when it clearly says "if you have submitted - then disregard"
How more straightforward it could be?
True

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Do we need to send RCMP document thorugh email or original copy through courier? I dint get any email, but i want to send it to save some time

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
Hey Guys,

I had submitted Canadian police clearance certificate with my application package, well I went to designated police station to get certificate for immigration purpose here in Calgary AB they never asked me to do fingerprints.. same case happened with my friend too they never took our fingerprints. I am 15th Sep 2014 applicant got AOR on 29th Jan 2015 so no request from CIC about rcmp fingerprints ...

do you think shall I go upfront and do it? cuz I guess it will surely take 2-4 weeks to get it.. my Canadian Police clearance ( without finger prints ) took 3 weeks to come.

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
blitzkrieger said:
Hey Guys,

I had submitted Canadian police clearance certificate with my application package, well I went to designated police station to get certificate for immigration purpose here in Calgary AB they never asked me to do fingerprints.. same case happened with my friend too they never took our fingerprints. I am 15th Sep 2014 applicant got AOR on 29th Jan 2015 so no request from CIC about rcmp fingerprints ...

do you think shall I go upfront and do it? cuz I guess it will surely take 2-4 weeks to get it.. my Canadian Police clearance ( without finger prints ) took 3 weeks to come.
I would suggest not to go upfront coz RCMP is not a mandatory document. Only few people are asked to submit RCMP clearance.

rar

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Is RCMP check is only for principal applicant or all persons on the application?

Regards,
Harsha

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Harsha5877 said:
Hi All,

Is RCMP check is only for principal applicant or all persons on the application?

Regards,
Harsha
When CIC sends RCMP request, it is mentioned in that letter/email who needs to do the RCMP check. Sometimes it is just the principal applicant, sometimes it is just the spouse or sometimes it is the entire family..

rar

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blitzkrieger said:
Hey Guys,

depends on where you go to do the RCMP , mine only take 1 week . before you chose the place, please confirm with them how long they take.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Guys lets not confuse ourselves.
RCMP is Canadian police clearance. You only do it if you are requested by CIC to do so.. reason being you may not have any record present in the Local and RCMP police list (maybe you've not been in Canada long enough or you company didnt do an federal criminality check on you when they hired you .. so you are not present in the Canadian police files)
For this they ask you to take an RCMP check so they can store your record for future and also use it for current PR application.

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Winterfox said:
Guys lets not confuse ourselves.
RCMP is Canadian police clearance. You only do it if you are requested by CIC to do so.. reason being you may not have any record present in the Local and RCMP police list (maybe you've not been in Canada long enough or you company didnt do an federal criminality check on you when they hired you .. so you are not present in the Canadian police files)
For this they ask you to take an RCMP check so they can store your record for future and also use it for current PR application.
Agree with Winterfox...

rar

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rar said:
When CIC sends RCMP request, it is mentioned in that letter/email who needs to do the RCMP check. Sometimes it is just the principal applicant, sometimes it is just the spouse or sometimes it is the entire family..

rar
Thanks rar. They have not mentioned anything which leaves it open for interpretation. I will call CIC.

For all in Toronto, these are the charges at various fingerprinting agencies:

Toronto Fingerprinting - $96.05
Canadian Fingerprinting Services - $57
Ace Fingerprinting Services - $45 + tax
Commissionaries - $50 + tax

If any of you know lesser price in Toronto or Mississauga, please let me know.

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spoke to CIC. If CIC has not mentioned anything about spouse or dependents in the RCMP check request, only the principal applicant has to get the RCMP check.

Regards,
Harsha

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
Hi,

I just got requested for RCMP fingerprint. I have also lived in other countries. Should I submit police checks for all countries along with RCMP at the same time or wait for them to ask for the police checks for the other countries?