+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
Timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 25, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January , 2014.

February: Fingerprints

March: RQ

We sent you a notice on July , 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July , 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on November , 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December , 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hey AFMTl, when you had your test in July 2014, did they tell you whether your RQ had already been processed? I had my test in August 2014, with the RQ sitting right next to the officer.
What's your local office?

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

I wrote my test yesterday at Scarborough town center and got 20/20. The test was a bit tricky and none of questions looked like what we see on online databases.

I had the shortest interview between applicants (who were interviewed before me) . The young lady (officer) just took a look at my passports and two stamps on it . She asked me a few and quick questions about where I have been living in Canada and if I had any problem with law.

She gave a the oath letter as well for Dec 22 .

I have two suggestions for new you applicants , first of all , you should translate all your passport stamps which are not in English or French. It really helps.
Second, for writing your test, you should spend most of your time on the book and less of your time on online tests. Online tests are good but you don't see any of them in your test.

Good luck,

PS: I will update you of my oath ceremony.

Sazamizi

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
sazamizi said:
Dear friends,

I wrote my test yesterday at Scarborough town center and got 20/20. The test was a bit tricky and none of questions looked like what we see on online databases.

I had the shortest interview between applicants (who were interviewed before me) . The young lady (officer) just took a look at my passports and two stamps on it . She asked me a few and quick questions about where I have been living in Canada and if I had any problem with law.

She gave a the oath letter as well for Dec 22 .

I have two suggestions for new you applicants , first of all , you should translate all your passport stamps which are not in English or French. It really helps.
Second, for writing your test, you should spend most of your time on the book and less of your time on online tests. Online tests are good but you don't see any of them in your test.

Good luck,

PS: I will update you of my oath ceremony.

Sazamizi
congrats

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I participated in the oath ceremony at Scarborough center today and my journey finished. My application was in process from Sep 26 2013 to Dec 22 2014. That was a longer than normal application due to my moving from Hamilton to Toronto and my last name change.

The ceremony went very well and I was honestly excited about it. There were 62 people who got their certificates. The only thing, two three officers were really watching the mouths to see who repeat the oath or not. So please repeat the oath with a loud voice.

Good luck every one,
S.

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
sazamizi said:
Dear all,

I participated in the oath ceremony at Scarborough center today and my journey finished. My application was in process from Sep 26 2013 to Dec 22 2014. That was a longer than normal application due to my moving from Hamilton to Toronto and my last name change.

The ceremony went very well and I was honestly excited about it. There were 62 people who got their certificates. The only thing, two three officers were really watching the mouths to see who repeat the oath or not. So please repeat the oath with a loud voice.

Good luck every one,
S.
Thanks, It would be funny if one is arrested for not reciting the oath:).

johnedm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
citizenshipapplicant said:
Hey Johnedm,

Can you share your timeline, I am also from Edmonton, applied in September, In Process so far. Did you get invitation by mail or email. Thanks
waiting for the oath.still online says in process. i got my invitation by mail test is easy if you read the book u will get 20

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

Just checking in to see who/how many still waiting for their oaths?
I have become a citizen few months now (processed just under a year) ;D although there's questions re the new Bill i heard CIC has slightly faster processing times now so those waiting don't be discouraged ;)
Good Luck!

Flute

Apr 5, 2014
My application was received by CIC 18 months ago. Still waiting for them to call me for citizenship test. CIC is working at a snail's pace but is advertising on various websites that they are processing applications faster than ever before for qualified applicants.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
where is your local office?

Flute said:
My application was received by CIC 18 months ago. Still waiting for them to call me for citizenship test. CIC is working at a snail's pace but is advertising on various websites that they are processing applications faster than ever before for qualified applicants.