+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't call CIC but I do know mine is still in Sydney ! What's wrong with them?
My question is how some files after us are ending up (look at the Nov. forum) and our files have not been touched yet ?

That's too bad!

sept-30 said:
today I called CIC and she said my file is still in Sydney.Nothing has changed. :(

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
I am going into hibernation....called cic ...they told me that since I was fingerprinted....case can take 36 months...call after 36 months ONLY.

So, I guess no use in calling them....just hibernate ???

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I ask you where your local office is?
harryad said:
I am going into hibernation....called cic ...they told me that since I was fingerprinted....case can take 36 months...call after 36 months ONLY.

So, I guess no use in calling them....just hibernate ???

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
Ottawa...but immaterial of local office....anyone who is asked for additional documents / fingerprinted etc... is a no routine case.... don't call before 36 months...that is the processing time...cic will answer only if you don't hear from them in 36 months..

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I realize it's so frustrating my friend! if you call them and one agent says something which is bothering , you should call them again till get a firm answer. My understanding from the CIC website is 24 - 36 months are the period from receipt of application to final decision so what the agent has told is just because he/she wanted to get rid of you (sorry for saying that). That happened to me once and I hanged up and called back. Some of their agents are really rude.
My guess is routine application take around 12-16 months and non-routine take around 24 months. Hope they do whatever they want to do to speed up this damn procedure.
Cheers,
S.
harryad said:
Ottawa...but immaterial of local office....anyone who is asked for additional documents / fingerprinted etc... is a no routine case.... don't call before 36 months...that is the processing time...cic will answer only if you don't hear from them in 36 months..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazamizi said:
I realize it's so frustrating my friend! if you call them and one agent says something which is bothering , you should call them again till get a firm answer. My understanding from the CIC website is 24 - 36 months are the period from receipt of application to final decision so what the agent has told is just because he/she wanted to get rid of you (sorry for saying that). That happened to me once and I hanged up and called back. Some of their agents are really rude.
My guess is routine application take around 12-16 months and non-routine take around 24 months. Hope they do whatever they want to do to speed up this damn procedure.
Cheers,
S.
If you think Canada = Ontario, then yes the routine processing time is AROUND that time... CIC processing times for routine and non-routine is based on the slowest (or better average) CIC processing times for all the case processing offices. It is only in the East, particularly Toronto and areas that the processing times are rather 12 months or even less in many cases BUT if you look at Prairies and West, the processing times are sitting at 22-24 months.

Regarding the fingerprints, that would divert the cases to non-routine (refer to CIC page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp and hence, the officer gave the 34-36 months processing times. It might be less than 36 months, but he/she is just following the standard responses.

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
Got letter to appear for written test and interview today.It is schduled for 27th May.
So finally there is hope for people who were asked to do fingerprints. I see so many on the board worried that it delays the process a lot. It does delay the process for sure,(6-8 weeks in my case) but there should be nothing to worry as long as you have clean record.
Good luck to all waiting for the next step.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best of luck man !
Thanks for letting us know.

gp said:
Hi Guys,
Got letter to appear for written test and interview today.It is schduled for 27th May.
So finally there is hope for people who were asked to do fingerprints. I see so many on the board worried that it delays the process a lot. It does delay the process for sure,(6-8 weeks in my case) but there should be nothing to worry as long as you have clean record.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That would be great if our sheet can be updated .
Thanks,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHGMAukyShMdE53cFV3YlRQbVFiT0lXNnJXenVvV3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
Still no news for me...

sazamizi said:
That would be great if our sheet can be updated .
Thanks,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHGMAukyShMdE53cFV3YlRQbVFiT0lXNnJXenVvV3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gp said:
Hi Guys,
Hi Congrats

Thats nice to know I did fp end of March my file in local office mississauga.
when did you do yours? Has ECAS changed yet?
Good to know theres still hope & fp wont necessarily be "non-routine" :)
Thanks Bud & Good luck!

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
believe13 said:
Hi Congrats

Thats nice to know I did fp end of March my file in local office mississauga.
when did you do yours? Has ECAS changed yet?
Good to know theres still hope & fp wont necessarily be "non-routine" :)
Thanks Bud & Good luck!
Hi
I did fingerprints on 18th march.
Ecas has not updated yet. Just received the letter in mail today.
I am sure yours would be on the way.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no sign in here!
If I don't get any RQ or something like that, I'll expect my test letter in November or December based on Hamilton time lines . It's so annoying though!!!

jujuberanch said:
Still no news for me...

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gp said:
Hi
I did fingerprints on 18th march.
Ecas has not updated yet. Just received the letter in mail today.
I am sure yours would be on the way.
Hi

Thx although reassuring every case is different I've made up my mind to wait for as long as it takes, haven't even studied for a while now lol