+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
I did my finger prints 3 weeks ago.
called cic today to ask if they have received rcmp clearance... answer was NO, we are still reviewing ??
How long does it take rcmp to run fingerprint checks ?? any takes ??

I never had a run in with cops ... never

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryad said:
I did my finger prints 3 weeks ago.
called cic today to ask if they have received rcmp clearance... answer was NO, we are still reviewing ??
How long does it take rcmp to run fingerprint checks ?? any takes ??

I never had a run in with cops ... never
The check is done very quickly, within 72 hours, when no criminal record is found. You should also take in consideration how busy the RCMP office is.
Also, CIC may have already received it but not yet updated your file with it.

CIC received mine 7 days after I got my fingerprints done electronically with Commissionaires.

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just finished my test and interview
I got 20/20

I photocopied every pages of the passports but the officer did not ask for it.
She just looked at original passports and stamps
I have 4 trips to my home country every summer.
I was bit worried since I was missing entry stamp from my home country airport.
And she said she could not find stamps but it is okay

She asked about
1. who I live with
- I told her that I am living with my younger brother.
2. if he is also Canadian citizen and how old he is
- Yes
3. How old I am
3. whether I am still full time student at University
- Yes
4. Where my parents are
- In my home country
5. Who pays tuition
- My parents

Then she said the file will be handed to Judge and I can expect the ceremony in next 2-4 months.

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
dear boasteI did my finger prints 21 days ago with commissionaries...I called today and cic told me that they know that I did my prints 21 days ago...but rcmp is reviewing the prints...

what does that mean....rcmp is slow and has not reviewd them uptil now OR something is wrong ?
because commissionaries told me that rcmp normally forwards the OK/notOK with a week

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im sure there is nothing wrong...
The online status update on both the CIC's side and the E-Cas takes time...
The usual turn-around is a week'ish with a straight "OK" or "NOT OK" report...
I bet if you call the CIC again and in the case if someone other than the agent you already talked to picks up; he/she will have a different statement.
Dont Worry!

Good Luck!

harryad said:
dear boasteI did my finger prints 21 days ago with commissionaries...I called today and cic told me that they know that I did my prints 21 days ago...but rcmp is reviewing the prints...

what does that mean....rcmp is slow and has not reviewd them uptil now OR something is wrong ?
because commissionaries told me that rcmp normally forwards the OK/notOK with a week

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryad said:

Well, I have never heard of anything like that. But I think that's just the agent trying to give you an answer for the delay. I still think they have received it and haven't updated your file with it.

When I did my fingerprints I contacted the RCMP - Forensic Science and Identification Services (CivilNPS @ rcmp - grc . gc . ca) asking for an update on my request. They got back to me within a couple of days saying that they had finished the checks and had already submitted my application to CIC.

Try contacting the email above with your full name, asking for an update on the Status of Electronic Fingerprint for citizenship.

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
I have been browsing this forum and today I decided to post to give some hope to the September applicants that are still in process.

Today I took the test and scored 20/20. My interview was very smooth, lasted about 10 minutes. From what I could notice, most people stayed at the officer's desk for about half an hour.
The officer said the file will be handed to judge and I can expect a communication for the oath ceremony in about 4 months (I hope less!!).

I have no trips to my home country and I spent 22 days abroad over the 4-year period. These days were spent as vacation in a handful number of US cities.

Here is my timeline:
Application type: Family
Local Office: Montreal
Application Received: 25/Sep/13
Started Processing: 10/Jan/14
Test/Interview: 28/Apr/14
Oath: To come

Good luck!

johnedm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
When I called the agent told my application is ready for test.As the queue is large in Edmonton it may take upto 2 years.I am planning to visit my parents back in India this summer,I hope i will be fine and it will not trigger RQ.IT is a long waiting in Edmonton

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnedm said:
When I called the agent told my application is ready for test.As the queue is large in Edmonton it may take upto 2 years.I am planning to visit my parents back in India this summer,I hope i will be fine and it will not trigger RQ.IT is a long waiting in Edmonton
hey john, i am an october applicant and from Saskatchewan.... i called cic about the test and i know from trends it takes about 1 year to get the test fro saskatchewan... in any case, i am visiting my parents as well this summer. agent told me to fax a letter to the cic office in Sask so that the test is not when i am away... i faxed the letter and will mail it too. thought to let you know.... agent said this will not affect my application at all.... i am pretty sure my test will not be until next summer anyways... parents are important!

wissamd

Sep 14, 2009
I submitted mine in mid September , Test date was April 10 . Waiting for their reply - she said 2-4 month - Montreal .

johnedm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
sept15 said:
hey john, i am an october applicant and from Saskatchewan.... i called cic about the test and i know from trends it takes about 1 year to get the test fro saskatchewan... in any case, i am visiting my parents as well this summer. agent told me to fax a letter to the cic office in Sask so that the test is not when i am away... i faxed the letter and will mail it too. thought to let you know.... agent said this will not affect my application at all.... i am pretty sure my test will not be until next summer anyways... parents are important!
thanks a lot for your kind words.I will sent a fax to them with my ticket

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
zeros? not that i recall. but there were quite a few places that were left blank.

any news?

sazamizi said:
May I ask you how it looks like? Do you see any detail in the report? or bunch of zeros and empty fields?

happygo82

May 2, 2014
Hi Guys, just wanted your advice. I applied in September 2013. They started processing my application November 21st, 2013. I received my AOR in Jan. However, since then my status online has remained at In Process? Should I be worried? anything that i can do...

thanks a lot.