+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

johnedm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
I called them today, Last month call centre told me my application is in my Local office(Edmonton) December onwards.Today they told they sent it on feb7 th.I have a feeling call centre is just giving a general answer to satisfy us.Agent told once the local office gets the application it will take a maximum of 9 months

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have had the same experience with CIC agent. They are really kind and polite but they don't give detail information. I thought I can't change them so I have decided to get my ATIP report which takes around a month but there are more details in it.

Just wanted to share my idea with you.

johnedm said:
I called them today, Last month call centre told me my application is in my Local office(Edmonton) December onwards.Today they told they sent it on feb7 th.I have a feeling call centre is just giving a general answer to satisfy us.Agent told once the local office gets the application it will take a maximum of 9 months

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
sazamizi said:
I have had the same experience with CIC agent. They are really kind and polite but they don't give detail information. I thought I can't change them so I have decided to get my ATIP report which takes around a month but there are more details in it.

Just wanted to share my idea with you.
it seems that my file is stuck in Sydney and I am tired of waiting without getting any update. you know what I am going to get my ATIP to see what is the story.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is exactly what I think that has happened to my application. The agent told me "Your application is being prepared to be sent to your local office in a few weeks and everything's fine. It's in the queue !"
Sounds reasonable. but I don't understand why some people a bit after or before me have already passed most of these steps but mine not!

I think ATIP can be more helpful at this point.

Best,
S.
sept-30 said:
it seems that my file is stuck in Sydney and I am tired of waiting without getting any update. you know what I am going to get my ATIP to see what is the story.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
I requested mine as well.

sazamizi said:
This is exactly what I think that has happened to my application. The agent told me "Your application is being prepared to be sent to your local office in a few weeks and everything's fine. It's in the queue !"
Sounds reasonable. but I don't understand why some people a bit after or before me have already passed most of these steps but mine not!

I think ATIP can be more helpful at this point.

Best,
S.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Test and interview done today. Got Oath letter for the 7th of April......
Got perfect score in the test, although the test was more complicated than i thought... Reading the book IS v Important..
The guys in Mississauga office are awesome. Overall the interview was good. I had one missing stamp and that was not even discussed. I gave him the CSBA report and told him i have all of my tickets+ boarding passes. He asked me about jobs, and i said i have all of T4 and ROE's, and he said he does not need that.The interviewer was happy to see me well prepared and organized;D
Best of luck to all.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noolan said:
Test and interview done today. Got Oath letter for the 7th of April......
Got perfect score in the test, although the test was more complicated than i thought... Reading the book IS v Important..
The guys in Mississauga office are awesome. Overall the interview was good. I had one missing stamp and that was not even discussed. I gave him the CSBA report and told him i have all of my tickets+ boarding passes. He asked me about jobs, and i said i have all of T4 and ROE's, and he said he does not need that.The interviewer was happy to see me well prepared and organized;D
Best of luck to all.
Awesome! Congratulations Noolan!!!

You've overtaken 4 of us from the timeline list in Mississauga.

Enjoy!

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 5, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on March 13, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March 27, 2014.

Good luck to all of you dear applicants! :)

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing your timeline and congratulations!
:)

Nara said:
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 5, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on March 13, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March 27, 2014.

Good luck to all of you dear applicants! :)

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everone, does anyone know anything about the IELTS requirement for citizenship application? what exactly it is, or how exactly to go about it?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
The requirements are clearly stated on CIC's website.

DodgeCharger said:
hi everone, does anyone know anything about the IELTS requirement for citizenship application? what exactly it is, or how exactly to go about it?