September 2013 Citizenship Application

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jujuberanch said:
Which office sent you the request for fingerprints? Your local office or Sydney Office?
Hi

Sorry for the long reply my application is at local office in Mississauga & has been I believe since January when rcvd line disappeared.

I called CIC she said once fingerprints rcvd (I have sent) the maximum for background checks could be 12months fingerprints can make application non-routine (36months) although this may not be the case with some aplications.

Told her have no convictions but said it may be a case that someone has same name & it needs verifying.

Guess just have to wait & see what happens next.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
Did you send your fingerprints electronically? Did you have to make an appointment with RCMP for fingerprints?

believe13 said:
Hi

Sorry for the long reply my application is at local office in Mississauga & has been I believe since January when rcvd line disappeared.

I called CIC she said once fingerprints rcvd (I have sent) the maximum for background checks could be 12months fingerprints can make application non-routine (36months) although this may not be the case with some aplications.

Told her have no convictions but said it may be a case that someone has same name & it needs verifying.

Guess just have to wait & see what happens next.

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jujuberanch said:
Did you send your fingerprints electronically? Did you have to make an appointment with RCMP for fingerprints?
Hi

Yes I sent electronically but didn't need appt from RCMP just walk in

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
jujuberanch said:
nothing serious. i just wanted to ask you to see if they had started processing your application yet. at that time, i still could not see an update on ecas, which got me a little worried. that was a while ago, though.
Oh ok JJB ! I do check the forum, but not everyday. Just trying to be busy, otherwise this process makes one crazy!

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I am happy to report that an oath has been scheduled for the 7 April. Good lick to everyone still in the process.

mayorok

Oct 20, 2013
Burlington
Here is my timeline:

(Family: 2 adults+1 child) Application received: 27 Sep 2013
In Process: 03 Dec 2013
Test passed: 24 Mar 2014
Oath scheduled: 01 Apr 2014 (invitations were given on the spot after the test)
Local office: Mississauga.

Out of the application's 4 year period, was out of Canada for 348 days.

Good luck to everyone.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today. The agent told me my application is still in Sydney and it's going to be sent to the local office in Hamilton in couple of weeks. I told her I have changed my address and moved in Toronto two months ago. She told yes we have your new address in the file but the application is being prepared to be transferred to Hamilton.

If I'm not mistaken, in CIC's dictionary "couple of weeks" can mean "couple of months" as well.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
how many times have you called cic so far since they started processing your application?

sazamizi said:
I called CIC today. The agent told me my application is still in Sydney and it's going to be sent to the local office in Hamilton in couple of weeks. I told her I have changed my address and moved in Toronto two months ago. She told yes we have your new address in the file but the application is being prepared to be transferred to Hamilton.

If I'm not mistaken, in CIC's dictionary "couple of weeks" can mean "couple of months" as well.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two times including this time , after I changed my address. Why are you asking ?
jujuberanch said:
how many times have you called cic so far since they started processing your application?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
just wanted to see how frequently you contacted them. i have so far called them 3 or 4 times already.

sazamizi said:
Two times including this time , after I changed my address. Why are you asking ?

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly, I have no plan to call them anymore at least for two months .
In case, I'll order ATIP.

jujuberanch said:
just wanted to see how frequently you contacted them. i have so far called them 3 or 4 times already.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From today I became officially Canadian Citizen! :D Good luck to everyone dear September applicants!