29-07-2013
Passport Req..
RPRF 19-02-2014,
VISA ISSUED...
No need visa, COPR 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
25-06-2014
itsmyid said:
I landed last night at Pearson airport in Toronto, coming back from a business trip in the US. The process went pretty quickly, especially after I told them I had been working in Toronto for a year, most of the new-comer tips were skipped, nobody asked to see my bank statement and employment letter, and I was out of the door in less than 4 minutes
Congratulations :D Wish you all the best !

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
shahid_iet said:
In my previous letter my manager did not add lines you will be employed permanently. he just mentioned me as permanent employee. i was wondering is it a problem they asked me again to send letters.
maybe that is the reason...ask your manager because if CIC has requested this document, they are looking to get it..

my manager won't even write the letter...HR had to give me the letter and they also only wrote that they have hired me as a permanent employee for an indefinite period of time..

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
shahid_iet said:
In my previous letter my manager did not add lines you will be employed permanently. he just mentioned me as permanent employee. i was wondering is it a problem they asked me again to send letters.
That might be why... For an FSW2 application from within Canada, you're technically only temporarily employed (as you're on a TWP), and will only become permanently employed once you receive PR.

Perhaps they want it worded as they stated, and are giving you a chance to have it written that way, rather than rejecting.

Just make sure it has exactly what they're asking for.

Just guessing!

Graham.

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2013-02-28
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
2013-11-26
Med's Done....
2013-12-02
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-12-19
VISA ISSUED...
2014-01-03
LANDED..........
2014-01-03 at Peach Arch, BC
I suggest you write up a letter, post it here or in a new thread for checking, then send it to your HR and ask them to to use it as a template.

shahid_iet

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-November-2012
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
sent with Document
LANDED..........
Already In Canada
My manager give me letter again.
he mentioned my salary and job responsibility in the letter but i want to discuss these lines in my letter

this is to confirm that (My name) has been employed in regular, full time permanent position at bell Canada as Technical system Integrator since April 23rd, 2012.
the regular work hour for (my name) is 37.5 hours per week. It is expected that (my name) will continue in his current permanent position and employed in company.

is it enough or i need to add anything else in my letter

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
shahid_iet said:
My manager give me letter again.
he mentioned my salary and job responsibility in the letter but i want to discuss these lines in my letter

this is to confirm that (My name) has been employed in regular, full time permanent position at bell Canada as Technical system Integrator since April 23rd, 2012.
the regular work hour for (my name) is 37.5 hours per week. It is expected that (my name) will continue in his current permanent position and employed in company.

is it enough or i need to add anything else in my letter
I don't think so, IMO.

See the below:

shahid_iet said:
• A LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER OFFERING YOU EMPLOYMENT ON AN INDETERMINATE BASIS ONCE A PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA IS ISSUED
• A DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION FOR YOUR CURRENT POSITION
If I was reading it, I don't think it addresses either of those two points.

For the first point, it needs to state that you'll be offered employment on an indeterminate (in other words, permanent, so you can say that I imagine) basis once you receive PR. The key point being once you receive PR. Your current letter states you already have that, which technically goes against the point of a TWP. You're perfectly entitled to be seeking PR and therefore permanent employment, but until then, you're meant to be employed on a temporary basis, which is the point of a TWP. You therefore need to state it as they ask for (I imagine you can say permanent, instead of indeterminate if you like)

For the second point, you also don't appear to list a job description. In my application, there was a full and detailed job description. This was basically the job advertisement that I applied for in the first place before moving. I suspect they want a description so that they can confirm your NOC code. Without that, all they have is the job title and you could say anything to make it appear to be whatever skill level you like.

I think the letter definitely needs work.

Hope this helps,

Graham.

shahid_iet

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-November-2012
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
sent with Document
LANDED..........
Already In Canada
in letter i have my job responsibilities i am just worried about a part of the letter i have written above. According to my manager he can only state my current status in company. I have already hired against permanent position in company.

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2013-02-28
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
2013-11-26
Med's Done....
2013-12-02
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-12-19
VISA ISSUED...
2014-01-03
LANDED..........
shahid_iet said:
in letter i have my job responsibilities i am just worried about a part of the letter i have written above. According to my manager he can only state my current status in company. I have already hired against permanent position in company.
Can he write "We plan to hire <name> on a full-time permanent basis if he receives Permanent Residence."?

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
shahid_iet said:
I guess it is up to you then whether you send it as you have it. Based on what CIC asked for, I have concerns. However, they may be perfectly happy with it and simply just wanted updated copies. However, they may have issue with that part. I'm afraid I don't know, but my advice would be to change it to the wording they appear to be asking for. Your letter doesn't need to mention anything about being temporary, it just needs to state that you'll be offered employment on an indeterminate basis once PR is granted. That's the point of an FSW2 application.

The call is yours though - this is just my opinion and I can't tell for sure what they're looking for.

Graham.

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
ta2 said:
Can he write "We plan to hire <name> on a full-time permanent basis if he receives Permanent Residence."?
Yep, I'd agree with something along these lines.

In the instruction guide for applying for FSW-2, one of the criteria is clearly stated:

"Your current employer has made an offer to give you a permanent full-time job if your application is successful."

As I said, they might accept an updated copy without any issue. Or they might reject it based on the wording, as they were quite clear in what they asked for.

It's your call on this one. My advice would be to get the wording changed. Doesn't state a need to mention anything about temporary, just what they're offering you full time, permanent employment if the application is successful. I don't think your letter states that. In fact, your letter states you are permanent just now, which while in theory is true, does go against the rules of a TWP. How can you have a permanent job if your work permit if for a finite amount of time? When they issued your TWP, one of the things they generally ask/check is that you understand your job is not permanent based on your current WP, as you'd need to leave the country at the end of it (and any extensions). It's perfectly acceptable to apply for PR and intend to stay permanently, but it's still on the basis that's only if your application is successful, as otherwise you'd have to leave the country and your current job would therefore not be 'permanent' as circumstances outside the employer's control would mean you'd have to leave your job.

Sorry this isn't what you want to hear, but that's just our opinion based on what they asked for and their own guidelines. Perhaps there won't be any issue at all, but my advice would be to get it changed.

Graham.

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2013-02-28
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
2013-11-26
Med's Done....
2013-12-02
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-12-19
VISA ISSUED...
2014-01-03
LANDED..........
shahid_iet, I urge you to get stronger wording from your employer such as one of these:

"We plan to continue employing <name> on a full-time permanent basis upon <name> recieving Permanent Residence."
"We plan to employ <name> on a full-time permanent basis if he receives Permanent Residence."

You should explain to your employer that this document is not a binding contract, it is just a letter expressing their current intentions.

The visa office obviously has concerns, and you should do your very best to make sure that the documents that you send to them are very strongly worded in your favour.

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
shahid_iet said:
My Offer Letter:

This is to confirm the decision on our company that we would like to offer you a permanent full-time employment as an xxx contingent on your obtaining the status of landed immigrant in Canada. The decision is made after a careful evaluation of your qualification and education credentials, together with your excellent working performance during your tenure with us. Therefore, we are pleased to offer you the employment with xxx.

The remuneration will be $xxx per annum and the terms of employment will be according to Canada Labor Code. You are anticipated to work 37.5 hours per week. The progression of your salary is tied to your performance on the job and will be reviewed annually. Your responsibilities will include:

• xxx.
• xxx.

This is indeterminate offer of arranged employment. The starting day of your employment will be determined upon the approval of your application for Permanent Residence in Canada and your arrival as landed immigrant to Canada. We are looking forward to have you on board and work with you again at xxx.

This offer of employment is open till your arrival as landed immigrant in Canada.

Sincerely Yours,

xxx

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2013-02-28
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
2013-11-26
Med's Done....
2013-12-02
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-12-19
VISA ISSUED...
2014-01-03
LANDED..........
My eCAS changed to Medical Results received today, only 7 days after they were done.

Hoping everyone else's are received just as quickly. :)

prempatel1986

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
quite faster
i done medical on 9th November and ecas updated as on 6th december

ta2 said:
My eCAS changed to Medical Results received today, only 7 days after they were done.

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
ta2 said:

Congras !!!

When you get your PPR, can you please post the PPR email here? I would like to prepare whatever they want before PPR ...