19-06-2015
Passport Req..
02-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
07-14-2015
gaurav1182 said:
I got my PER on July 31 while my payment was taken on May 2. I requested my GCMS notes last month but haven't received it yet so not sure what happened with my application but i think they are putting your application through some more checks...don't worry you will get your PER soon.

It might related to employer verification or something else. We can't rule out LMO verification too since that RBC issue is still fresh & i heard that its very difficult to get new LMO now. It also possible that they don't want us to get priority processing ahead of NEW FSW applicants (after May 4 applicants) especially for ND VO as I also opted for ND VO like you!! ::)

As far as Ecas is concerned, i think by default it goes to "In process" status so its not that accurate in reflecting your application status. You may send email to CIO asking about your application as it has been more than 90 days since your application reached them.

Although I hope we will get faster processing once our application reach NDVO since they placed all this scrutiny on our file at CIO. Hope for best!!

Thanks, Gaurav
Thanks for the information Gaurav.
I'm just hoping for the same. I did email CIO on july 26 but havent received anything yet. I mailed them thrice because i forgot to mention some of my details in the email ::).
The only concern is that people who applied under new FSWP are getting their PER in 2-3 weeks of the applications and I thought it was a first come first serve basis.
LMO do not apply to me since I've a open work permit (PGWP) which is exempted from LMO and AEO, so nothing cane be serious about LMO verification.
How do we apply for GCMS notes?? Is there a fee and a process for that?
I'm getting slightly worried now since my wage increments are based on the permanent Residency and also the PAFSO strike is a concern.
NDVO will be flooded with applications. :mad:

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
follow this link

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

SimK said:
Thanks for the information Gaurav.
I'm just hoping for the same. I did email CIO on july 26 but havent received anything yet. I mailed them thrice because i forgot to mention some of my details in the email ::).
The only concern is that people who applied under new FSWP are getting their PER in 2-3 weeks of the applications and I thought it was a first come first serve basis.
LMO do not apply to me since I've a open work permit (PGWP) which is exempted from LMO and AEO, so nothing cane be serious about LMO verification.
How do we apply for GCMS notes?? Is there a fee and a process for that?
I'm getting slightly worried now since my wage increments are based on the permanent Residency and also the PAFSO strike is a concern.
NDVO will be flooded with applications. :mad:

SimK

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1211, 6314
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2014
Med's Request
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-06-2015
Passport Req..
02-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
07-14-2015
gaurav1182 said:
follow this link

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Thanks! So finally I've applied for GCMS as well 8). I dont know if that would help though.
What did you choose?? "Access to Information act" with a $5 fee or Privacy act?
What is the difference?

I chose "Access to Information" and paid $5. I dont know if thats the right choice or not.

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
toor13 said:
Hi Guys!!

I am new to this blog.
I filed my application on Dec 20, 2012 and got the PER on Feb 12, sisce then my status on CIC website is "in process". It has been 8 months haven got any progress on my file. is that usuall? i am worried.

Please advise.
Nice to see you :)
Don't worry about it because your case is quite usual.

Please note that currently, visa offices are in strike so it probably affect your processing.
Also, the processing time depends your local visa office. For example, before the strike was started, Manila office sent applicants medical request 9-10 months after CIO-Sydney received the application documents. Ottawa seems to be currently working hard for 2010-2011 applicants.

Hope this helps you :)

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
gaurav1182 said:
Hello Mysteaka,
I read somewhere in processing instruction guide that once PER is issued refund will not be processed but not 100% sure on it. I might be getting confused between processing guides they issued before & after May 4 & may be wrong in quoting this. Thanks..
Thanks for your reply :)

I've read old FSW Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000] modified on 2012-06-29. (It's probably the guide for people who applied in 2012 summer... If you need to read it, please let me know so I will upload it.)

It mentions that ;
----
Phase: Eligibility Review
An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in this guide.
If your application does not qualify for processing you will be sent a letter that:
* provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
* confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued

Phase: Selection and Admissibility
If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
* minimal requirements
* selection factors
* sufficient funds
* admissibility (criminality, security, medical)
If your score is equal to or greater than the pass mark, your application will be sent to the visa office for further processing.

----
Almost same from current guide. The old one also mentions "If the applicant doesn't meet the minimal requirements (e.g, applicant's total score is less than the pass mark), the processing fees will not be refunded. "
The old one didn't say "In either case, a refund of processing fees will not be issued at this stage of the application process." but it is quite possible that we won't get refund once our application is transferred to our VO.
However, CIC help centre page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4) explains that: "You will need to contact the office responsible for processing your application to request to withdraw your application. They will advise you whether you are eligible for a refund based on where your application is in the process."

So... I guess (hopefully) that you, amdee and friends will be able to get refund if your application(s) weren't open yet when you request to withdraw :)

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
SimK said:
Thanks! So finally I've applied for GCMS as well 8). I dont know if that would help though.
What is the difference?

I chose "Access to Information" and paid $5. I dont know if thats the right choice or not.
Nello,

You will get the same thing under the both act :)
I believe gaurav will reply for you... so here is probably unnecessary to add... but in the past, CIC explained that ;
* Access to Information Act ($5 fees) -- For people who is NOT present in Canada. If applicants want to receive it by physical file or CD, they need a substitute who lives in Canada and can receive Access to Information Act by regular mail.
* Privacy Act (FREE) -- For people who is present in Canada

@mates,
If you plan to order GCMS notes, (ATIP) Latest CAIPS / GCMS notes forms and how to order? will helps you. (Please read from the last page)
GL :)

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
SimK: It will certainly tell you what happened on your application (checks etc) but will not expedite procedure by any means. Thanks mysteaka for providing link for GCMS note.

Mysteka:: Again Thank you very much for refund process info. +1 for you.

I heard that PAFSO bad faith complaint to labor court will undergo processing this week & we should be hear back from them by next week. Hopefully some good news finally!! fingers crossed.....

Thanks, Gaurav

SimK said:
What is the difference?

jessica07

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014 at Peace Bridge
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing great. I have some quick questions. I have to sent my BOWP to ottawa office. What will be the best way to sent it? and I will complete my one year work on the same position in Canada very soon. So should I attach a cover letter with the explanation of extra points ( i.e. I will get 2 points for another 1 year work experience + 5 points for Adaptability as I have one year experience in Canada = 7 points) ?

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

N.B. Got PER on Jan, 2013

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
jessica07 said:
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing great. I have some quick questions. I have to sent my BOWP to ottawa office. What will be the best way to sent it? and I will complete my one year work on the same position in Canada very soon. So should I attach a cover letter with the explanation of extra points ( i.e. I will get 2 points for another 1 year work experience + 5 points for Adaptability as I have one year experience in Canada = 7 points) ?

I think the best way would be to email them..in terms of getting additional points, I don't think so you will be getting those because your points are locked when you send your file to CIO..

On another note, even if you get more points it is not going to make a difference because you already qualified.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
jessica07 said:
Hello Everyone,

Best way to apply for BOWP is via email as the processing time is faster (by 20 days) compared to paper applications. Also this is what CIC says on their website and I quote:
"The Department aims to process applications as quickly as possible, and encourages visitors, workers and students to apply online or to visa application centers (VACs).

Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them.

If you have already submitted a paper application, please do not submit an electronic application as this will only cause additional delays in processing."

SimK

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1211, 6314
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2014
Med's Request
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-06-2015
Passport Req..
02-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
07-14-2015
gaurav1182 said:
SimK: It will certainly tell you what happened on your application (checks etc) but will not expedite procedure by any means. Thanks mysteaka for providing link for GCMS note.

Mysteka:: Again Thank you very much for refund process info. +1 for you.

I heard that PAFSO bad faith complaint to labor court will undergo processing this week & we should be hear back from them by next week. Hopefully some good news finally!! fingers crossed.....

Thanks, Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav!

I got a reply from CIC today. The same email as you got that its awaiting a review from an officer. Is that a norm for applicants under arranged employment?

I dont know how much more time for the PER :(

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello SimK,

I received my GCMS notes now. It says that they opened my file on 14th of May but because reference letters from my previous employees were not as per CIC format mentioned in check list they couldn't decide if i have 1 year of min exp in NOC skill level O, A or B. Afterwards they assigned my file to officer for detailed review where it went to visa officer somewhere in ottawa. It was there for two & half month & on July 31 VO opened my file & decided from my ref. letters that i meet min. requirements.

So it seems that if your application needs some more checks performed by VO, it would take about 2-3 month more to receive PER compared to candidates having similar timelines. I also think, If CIO guys doesn't find something in standard format they will refer it to VO who seats in Ottawa which put some more delay on one's file. Hope this helps. Don't worry be patient!!! you will get your PER now sooner rather then later!!!!

Thanks, Gaurav

SimK said:
Thanks Gaurav!

I got a reply from CIC today. The same email as you got that its awaiting a review from an officer. Is that a norm for applicants under arranged employment?

I dont know how much more time for the PER :(

jessica07

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
dbss said:
I think the best way would be to email them..in terms of getting additional points, I don't think so you will be getting those because your points are locked when you send your file to CIO..

On another note, even if you get more points it is not going to make a difference because you already qualified.

Thank you so much for you reply. So I think its better to send the work permit with a cover letter not mentioning any additional points.

I am not trying to be negative but from curiosity I want to know with arranged employment when the file is transferred to VO is there any chance the visa officer can say later on the points are not sufficient or something like that?

jessica07

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
ghatot201 said:
Best way to apply for BOWP is via email as the processing time is faster (by 20 days) compared to paper applications. Also this is what CIC says on their website and I quote:
"The Department aims to process applications as quickly as possible, and encourages visitors, workers and students to apply online or to visa application centers (VACs).

Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them.

If you have already submitted a paper application, please do not submit an electronic application as this will only cause additional delays in processing."

I have applied my BOWP on August 2.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013