NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Nov 2013
Nomination.....
5-Feb-2014
graham1710 said:
Landed on the way back from our week skiing in the states. ECAS updated today to reflect that.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on December 12, 2013.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

5. You entered Canada at the Lansdowne office on March 8, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

Woohoo! Need to go sort our new SIN's sometime soon, as well as update OHIP with our new SIN's.

Thank you everyone :)

Oh, and for anyone wondering about our landing experience. We landed after a week in the states (we were going on this vacation anyway) and crossed back over at the thousand islands bridge. We let the officer at the gate know our intentions. He asked a few questions about length of trip, what we'd brought back with us, how long we'd been living in Canada, and then directed us to go park and go inside the office. We were then seen straight away by a nice lady in the immigration line. She had us initial and sign both the COPR papers in the places she indicated. We then went and sat down while she went to the back. A short while later, she called us up, stapled the COPR forms into our passports (until we get our cards), let us know the 6-8 week quoted timeline for delivery of cards, and let us know that was in. Unfortunately no 'Welcome to Canada', haha. From arriving in the queue with the other cars, to chatting to the first officer, to going inside and finishing up, 30mins max. Very easy! No need for proof of funds, employment, etc.

Thanks,

Graham.

Congrats graham!!! :) 8)

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.

sparklite

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Nov 2013
Nomination.....
5-Feb-2014
ibtisamq said:
Hi Guys,

Just received the passport request from CIC via my lawyer. Even though the email doesn't request for 2 photographs but my lawyer is insisting on providing them, I wanted to check based on your personal experience if anyone in last two months had to submit photographs?

Also, on average how long is the round trip for passports please?

Regards,
Ibtisam
Heartily wishes, almost finishing line :). It seems its taking anything around 1 week to 3 weeks as per my research over this forum.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
ibtisamq said:
Hi Guys,

Just received the passport request from CIC via my lawyer. Even though the email doesn't request for 2 photographs but my lawyer is insisting on providing them, I wanted to check based on your personal experience if anyone in last two months had to submit photographs?

Regards,
Ibtisam
Pictures are mandatory and same pictures will pasted on your landing papers .......so two picture and write your and file number on back of each picture of your family number .........

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
dbss said:
guess they changed the rules now. Sorry for your rejection. Below is the excerpt from CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=698&t=6

I am working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit. Do I need a Labour Market Opinion (LMO)?

Yes. If you are currently working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit, the employer who has offered you a permanent position will need to get a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC to support your FSWP application, even if you are already working for them. Please check the HRSDC website for more details.
Did they recently changed it ? Cause when I was applying in Jan end there was no such thing! And I asked in the forum and everybody said it was exempted..

Thanks
CL

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
ibtisamq said:
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Ibtisam
No need for photographs now.

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
Landed yesterday @ pearson Intl Airport. CBSA gave me a very hard time questioning why I overstayed in Canada for such a long time and even threatened to cancel my PR. I had to explain everything and said I cleared my status by myself as soon as I got my PR visa. Eventually the guy let me land as PR :D

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
Hi Guys,

I want to know what CBSA officer wrote on my file and want to know if they will do any furthur verifications for my PR Card. Since I already landed as PR, should I order GCMS notes for "Immigration file: permanent residence" or "Application for Permanent Resident Card" ?

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
1.We received your application for permanent residence on November 5, 2012.

2.We started processing your application on November 28, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

5.You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 1 office on March 11, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

sparklite

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Nov 2013
Nomination.....
5-Feb-2014
suchnaju said:
1.We received your application for permanent residence on November 5, 2012.

2.We started processing your application on November 28, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

5.You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 1 office on March 11, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.
Congrats Suchnaju......... 8) 8) :D :D

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
It is more than 4 months since I completed my medicals and more than 3 months since NDVO received that. I am still waiting for final decision. I am little worried now. Don't know what they are doing with my file.

mani_7835

Sep 11, 2012
ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-03-2014
Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank each and every one on this forum for their immense help and knowledge sharing.

Finally yesterday i.e. March 17, I landed as PR in Canada. Here I would like to Share my Landing experience with everyone so that people reading this can benefit from this.

As shared by seniors and member in this forum I went around 9 PM towards Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. After 2 hours’ drive when I reached Peace Bridge and took U-Turn towards Canada, CBSA office handed me yellow slip and asked to go into adjacent stone building.

After entering the building , officer gave unfortunate news that they can only do the landing formalities for the immigrant who are seeking entry into Canada, Since I was already in Canada and was not seeking entry , he refused to complete my formalities and asked me either you have to seek entry in Canada or call CIC to do inland Landing. I asked him that people used to do U-turn and complete there formalities and he told me that yes people used to do that But that is STOPPED NOW. So I would recommend everybody to be prepared for this.

It was disappointing for us. Luckily we both (me and my wife) already had US Visa. At 11:30 in night I drove to Rainbow Bridge (as I didn't wanted to go back to Peace Bridge enter US and come back and face same officer)

At Rainbow bridge I enter US and face whole lot of question as this was my first trip there (real pain and dreadful). Finally they allowed us to enter US and after couple of minutes we returned back to Canada.

Officer again gave us Yellow slip and asked to go to adjacent building. Immigration officer was nice and asked me for my Employment Letter, Bank Statement (anything having address on it), our older Work permits, passports and COPR. He told us to wait for 10 min and after that he called us and gave 15 second speech and congratulated us on becoming PR.

So this was my landing experience. I would be hanging around and would be happy to help and answer questions.

---Mani

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
mani_7835 said:
Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank each and every one on this forum for their immense help and knowledge sharing.

Finally yesterday i.e. March 17, I landed as PR in Canada. Here I would like to Share my Landing experience with everyone so that people reading this can benefit from this.

As shared by seniors and member in this forum I went around 9 PM towards Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. After 2 hours' drive when I reached Peace Bridge and took U-Turn towards Canada, CBSA office handed me yellow slip and asked to go into adjacent stone building.

After entering the building , officer gave unfortunate news that they can only do the landing formalities for the immigrant who are seeking entry into Canada, Since I was already in Canada and was not seeking entry , he refused to complete my formalities and asked me either you have to seek entry in Canada or call CIC to do inland Landing. I asked him that people used to do U-turn and complete there formalities and he told me that yes people used to do that But that is STOPPED NOW. So I would recommend everybody to be prepared for this.

It was disappointing for us. Luckily we both (me and my wife) already had US Visa. At 11:30 in night I drove to Rainbow Bridge (as I didn't wanted to go back to Peace Bridge enter US and come back and face same officer)

At Rainbow bridge I enter US and face whole lot of question as this was my first trip there (real pain and dreadful). Finally they allowed us to enter US and after couple of minutes we returned back to Canada.

Officer again gave us Yellow slip and asked to go to adjacent building. Immigration officer was nice and asked me for my Employment Letter, Bank Statement (anything having address on it), our older Work permits, passports and COPR. He told us to wait for 10 min and after that he called us and gave 15 second speech and congratulated us on becoming PR.

So this was my landing experience. I would be hanging around and would be happy to help and answer questions.

---Mani
congrats on your landing.

It is rather unfortunate that they have stopped the U-turn landing at Peace bridge.

piscespao

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
From Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/20/2012
Doc's Request.
10/9/2013
Nomination.....
PER on March 16th, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 02/20/2012
Med's Request
8/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/10/2013
Passport Req..
2/04/2014
LANDED..........
I PRAY, HOPE n DREAM I will land in 2014
keypad said:
It is more than 4 months since I completed my medicals and more than 3 months since NDVO received that. I am still waiting for final decision. I am little worried now. Don't know what they are doing with my file.
Same with me