+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2012: FSW Arranged Employment applicants join here

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Hey All,

My application was returned today saying my job duties are not aligned with NOC duties.

It said "The employment letters from xxx and xxx do not provide sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. Therefore, I am not satisfied there is sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation described of the NOC."

Now my question is - does the job duties in the letters should say exact the same thing as per their NOC job description ? Can i now modify the letters and re-submit the application ? what are my options ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL

joshu90

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
DelhiGuy said:
Hey All,

My application was returned today saying my job duties are not aligned with NOC duties.

It said "The employment letters from xxx and xxx do not provide sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. Therefore, I am not satisfied there is sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation described of the NOC."

Now my question is - does the job duties in the letters should say exact the same thing as per their NOC job description ? Can i now modify the letters and re-submit the application ? what are my options ? Please advise.
that is too sad to know about your denial delhiguy... it is rather ironical that embassy asks for the tailormade kind of candidate for the job, but in my view it is not a right approach as your eesponsibilities might differ someway or the other .
i think you must visit cic.gc.ca for all your answer as you will get the official view of the department.
thanx
josh

Thanks
CL

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Hey Josh,

Thank you. I am thinking to go the lawyer way since I do not have much time left and don't want to play around with this thing. Anybody else have views or have seen similar cases ? Please advise. @p_sreenath, @graham @other seniors.

Thanks
CL

suhani.anand1

Oct 23, 2013
Hi,
Which category did you apply?

DelhiGuy said:
Hey All,

Thanks
CL

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
Iam sorry to hear what happened on your application Delhiguy . If you can get redone your reference letters by contacting your previous employer, that would be great. Most of the employers are happy to help (provided if you are in good books)
In my opinion, the CIC will refer some key words in your reference letter that matches the NOC requirement

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
p_sreenath said:
Iam sorry to hear what happened on your application Delhiguy . If you can get redone your reference letters by contacting your previous employer, that would be great. Most of the employers are happy to help (provided if you are in good books)
In my opinion, the CIC will refer some key words in your reference letter that matches the NOC requirement
Hello Sreenath,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I can get letters re-done basically. However, my concern was can i copy paste the exact same thing from NOC description ? If the CIO will raise a concern saying, before i submitted something else and now I'm saying something else ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
DelhiGuy said:
Hello Sreenath,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I can get letters re-done basically. However, my concern was can i copy paste the exact same thing from NOC description ? If the CIO will raise a concern saying, before i submitted something else and now I'm saying something else ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL
Hi DelhiGuy,

No you should not copy paste the exact same thing from NOC description. You need to have similiar key words in your job duties that matches duties in NOC description.

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
suchnaju said:
Hi DelhiGuy,

No you should not copy paste the exact same thing from NOC description. You need to have similiar key words in your job duties that matches duties in NOC description.
Hello Suchnaju,

Thank you for the reply.

How do we accomplish that? That's where we need a lawyer you think? I have seen people who copy pasted the same thing and just re-arranged the order and got through ? And if you do the same thing then copy pasting isn't a bad thing either ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
DelhiGuy said:
Hello Suchnaju,

Thank you for the reply.

How do we accomplish that? That's where we need a lawyer you think? I have seen people who copy pasted the same thing and just re-arranged the order and got through ? And if you do the same thing then copy pasting isn't a bad thing either ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL
Represent NOC descriptions in different ways or in different words however don't just copy & paste.

It's up to you to find a lawyer or not.

finallyseehopes

Nov 27, 2013
Hi @Ta2
Just wondering how many photos I need from PPR to finishing landing so that I can get the photos at one time.
PPR needs 2 photos. Do I need additional photos for landing and PR card?

Thanks

ta2 said:
Just landed, now officially a permanent resident! ;D ;D ;D

Good luck to everyone else. For me it was only 45 days from "started processing" to completed application. My guess is that everyone who has gone into processing at CPP-O will be permanent residents by April.

I will write up a big post explaining the whole process since despite many hours searching, I did not actually find any really detailed posts like this.

As for my earlier question about spouse landing. The definitive answer (I asked 3 separate Canadian border agents) is that it's fine for your spouse/dependents to land separately from the principal applicant. There are only three restrictions on landing as PR:

1. The principal applicant must land first or at the same time as dependents.
2. You must land before expiry of your CoPR + Immigrant Visa (mine would have expired approx 12 months after "Decision Made" date).
3. You cannot land in Quebec unless you have a Certificat de sélection du Québec.

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
DelhiGuy said:
Hello Sreenath,

Thank you for the reply.

Thanks
CL
Hello Sreenath,

Also, they did not say anything about the birth certificate, does that mean they were okay with it ? When they review they review the whole application and point out ALL the issues right ? If they didn't say anything about the birth certificate, does that mean it was okay and I can send it again when I re-apply ?

Thanks
CL

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
DelhiGuy,
Birth certificate is key part of the application package , If you are re-applying , you need to follow the application package and enclose all the necessary document. The initial assesment is based on the application package orderness and points evaluation.After CIC completes the activity and satisfy the requirement , they will Issue PER
Timeframe - 1-3 months to recieve PER

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
p_sreenath said:
DelhiGuy,
Birth certificate is key part of the application package , If you are re-applying , you need to follow the application package and enclose all the necessary document. The initial assesment is based on the application package orderness and points evaluation.After CIC completes the activity and satisfy the requirement , they will Issue PER
Timeframe - 1-3 months to recieve PER
Hello Sreenath,

Yes I agree. However, my question is if they didn't point it out this time when they returned my application. So it should be fine to give the same birth certificate when I re-apply ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
DelhiGuy said:
Hello Sreenath,

Yes I agree. However, my question is if they didn't point it out this time when they returned my application. So it should be fine to give the same birth certificate when I re-apply ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL
it's a 50-50 chance....they may have seen it and are okay or they might not even had reached that level since they rejected your file...

you should try to do the due diligence on your part...