September 2011 - Here we go!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
TO ANYONE GOING THROUGH LONDON ;D ;D ;D ;D

Someone's experience through London

My partner received her PPR by email today 11th of November. The Sponsorship was approved on the 4th of October so it was very quick once it got to London. We are common law partners. (our package was returned back in June so thankfully it went smoothly when returned to Mississauga)

Does the sponsored person need to bring the passport personally to the London Commission to collect it two weeks later or can someone else bring the passport for them and meet the official. I know it says that someone else can pick it up once they have the receipt but there is nothing said about personally bringing it to London.

If anyone has experience of this your comments would be appreciated. We are leaving for a trip at the start of December so posting the passport is not an option.
It looks like London office is a very quick one to process PRs. Lucky those people who go through London.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapledreams said:
Yes, he is focusing on bringing more skilled workers into his country, and why shouldn't he? Every politician wants the best for their country, and believe me, Canada survived the recession years ago due to the fact that we had a strong hold on skilled workers coming in the country. I am a skilled worker myself who came here less than two years ago.
Trust me, USA attracts far more skilled workers than Canada and it's not the reason the country withstands recession. From my experience I know people getting processed for their Green Card in the US in about 3-4 months. It just shows again how Canadian immigration is inefficient and the backlog is due to its inefficiency.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Quince777 said:
Trust me, USA attracts far more skilled workers than Canada and it's not the reason the country withstands recession. From my experience I know people getting processed for their Green Card in the US in about 3-4 months. It just shows again how Canadian immigration is inefficient and the backlog is due to its inefficiency.
Canadian immigration, policies, procedure, people ministers sucks!
When ever I get an opportunity I will express it to the government.

Any minister or government official who is going to come to my home.
will get only what he wants as per law and not even a glass of water or a pinch of salt more

I hate Canada for that.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Quince777:

Green cards within 3-4 months? Uh oh, no way Sir. Believe me, my cousin works for USCIS.

poesiaesmaria

Nov 13, 2011
november 13, 2011

Hello, I'm new to this group .. and I'm desperate . I was accepted as a refugee in June 2007, in September / 2008, apply for PR. and the application included my husband, my daughter who is in Colombia and the daughter that I have here. So far I've made 4 physical examinations and 2 verified what we did last year .. when I call THE 1-800 they always say... they are reviewing my background. My husband is in Colombia and the process ended July 13, 2011. now my daughter was called to interview on 3 November and one of the questions, which is very logical .. are you married? and she said no .. She did not pass the interview and the office say..you have to be under 22. and now I come to find out by the MP's secretary that she was married when she was 19 years and never told us .. In my application I put it here as a single .. because she has always lived with us (my husband and my other daughter) she is going to be all alone in Colombia and I forgot to tell you that she has a 20 months baby, and she have a learner's disability, speach, and immature .. even now she says, I am no married, because a Catholic priest gave him no blessing, no ring, no children and never a house my oldest son is a Canadian citizen and has a very good job. I beg for help. I do not know what will happen to her, when my husband comes .. she is going to be alone with a baby of 20 months. I beg you, please help me .. what can I do. God will take care and thanks for your answers in advance.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
mapledreams said:
@ Quince777:

Green cards within 3-4 months? Uh oh, no way Sir. Believe me, my cousin works for USCIS.
It is in years.
Why at all anyone want to immigrate?
Why did I decide to?
Is this worth it?

M

magpie

You have every opportunity to express it now. Why not? Write a letter to your MP or email him/her. Instead of complaining here do it. I did. It is sad to hear you say you hate Canada for minor issues. Many people try to enter Canada for reasons because Canada is still the best country in the world to live. Our government is not perfect but to sit on a forum slamming them, write them and voice your opinion. You still have that right in Canada. Where my wife is and I am currently living until we leave for Canada does not have such rights and to voice an opinion on her Government can have dire consequences. Live in a country that is not as fortunate as Canada and then maybe you will appreciate what our Country has to offer us. Sorry but to see someone write how they hate Canada is disturbing. A really big question that lingers on my mind is, Why the heck to migrate to Canada if you hate it so much. You don't have to stay. Just curious

sivathegreat said:
Canadian immigration, policies, procedure, people ministers sucks!
When ever I get an opportunity I will express it to the government.

Any minister or government official who is going to come to my home.
will get only what he wants as per law and not even a glass of water or a pinch of salt more

I hate Canada for that.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
I totally agree with you magpie! I have a similar post i put up on another forum topic, i"ll post it here in a minute

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Magpie: Here you go!

I'm sorry guys, I am just going to be fair here. One cannot blame Mr. Kenney for the backlog going on right now. He is trying his best to decrease the backlog by introducing new reforms. Take for instance the parent/grandparent petition process which has been immediately stopped. To compensate for that (which by the way, is just being stopped for 2 years at the moment) they are introducing the super visa. I will not explain that in detail since I am assuming everyone knows already how that works.

When it comes to spousal visas, we are still far luckier than most countries when it comes to processing times. My cousin, who is married to a US PR Card holder, had to wait for 5 years before she got her visa because that is the time frame for spouses of permanent residents whereas spouses of US citizens have to wait anywhere between 10-12 months.We should be happy the Canadian government doesn't discriminate that way, PR's and Citizens are equal, when it comes to sponsoring their spouses.

Yes, he is focusing on bringing more skilled workers into his country, and why shouldn't he? Every politician wants the best for their country, and believe me, Canada survived the recession years ago due to the fact that we had a strong hold on skilled workers coming in the country. I am a skilled worker myself who came here less than two years ago.

The government provides numerous programs to integrate landed immigrants, including our spouses, into the Canadian society by spending billions of dollars on free programs such as ESL, LINC, etc.

Yes, there are struggles for everyone, but like I said earlier, Immigration processes, anywhere, are always tough and a working progress kind of situation.

Some of you have been saying that Kenney should experience separation from his wife and kids to know how we feel, for me that is utter childish. It is not his fault that he and his family are first generation Canadians born in this land.

This message is not meant to demean or insult anyone, I am just giving you guys a look at what we are missing out, due to our own individual cases.

I truly wish that days would go by fast, until we all are united with our spouses/families. It will happen, believe me, til then, continue to live your life and cherish this distance because we will all come out stronger from this experience. It is when you are fighting distance when love grows stronger, with the beauty of all emotions going by, happiness, sadness, perseverance, hope, patience and faith.

I wish you ALL the best.

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
It's a shame that ppl want to migrate to the country that they hate. Canada is far more better place to live than any other country in the world and that's the only reason why the get thousands of immigration applications. If you think that government sucks in this country, why don't you compare with the system here with your home country. As other members suggested, if you don't like something, write or call your MP. At least you have the access to them unlike other countries where you will be lucky if you can get a hold of even a minister.
Let's just calm down and do some research before bashing gov.

M

magpie

Thanks mapledream, already read it. I follow several forum topics on this site.

mapledreams said:

I'm sorry guys, I am just going to be fair here. One cannot blame Mr. Kenney for the backlog going on right now. He is trying his best to decrease the backlog by introducing new reforms. Take for instance the parent/grandparent petition process which has been immediately stopped. To compensate for that (which by the way, is just being stopped for 2 years at the moment) they are introducing the super visa. I will not explain that in detail since I am assuming everyone knows already how that works.

When it comes to spousal visas, we are still far luckier than most countries when it comes to processing times. My cousin, who is married to a US PR Card holder, had to wait for 5 years before she got her visa because that is the time frame for spouses of permanent residents whereas spouses of US citizens have to wait anywhere between 10-12 months.We should be happy the Canadian government doesn't discriminate that way, PR's and Citizens are equal, when it comes to sponsoring their spouses.

The government provides numerous programs to integrate landed immigrants, including our spouses, into the Canadian society by spending billions of dollars on free programs such as ESL, LINC, etc.

Yes, there are struggles for everyone, but like I said earlier, Immigration processes, anywhere, are always tough and a working progress kind of situation.

Some of you have been saying that Kenney should experience separation from his wife and kids to know how we feel, for me that is utter childish. It is not his fault that he and his family are first generation Canadians born in this land.

This message is not meant to demean or insult anyone, I am just giving you guys a look at what we are missing out, due to our own individual cases.

I truly wish that days would go by fast, until we all are united with our spouses/families. It will happen, believe me, til then, continue to live your life and cherish this distance because we will all come out stronger from this experience. It is when you are fighting distance when love grows stronger, with the beauty of all emotions going by, happiness, sadness, perseverance, hope, patience and faith.

I wish you ALL the best.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
magpie said:
You have every opportunity to express it now. Why not? Write a letter to your MP or email him/her. Instead of complaining here do it. I did. It is sad to hear you say you hate Canada for minor issues. Many people try to enter Canada for reasons because Canada is still the best country in the world to live. Our government is not perfect but to sit on a forum slamming them, write them and voice your opinion. You still have that right in Canada. Where my wife is and I am currently living until we leave for Canada does not have such rights and to voice an opinion on her Government can have dire consequences. Live in a country that is not as fortunate as Canada and then maybe you will appreciate what our Country has to offer us. Sorry but to see someone write how they hate Canada is disturbing. A really big question that lingers on my mind is, Why the heck to migrate to Canada if you hate it so much. You don't have to stay. Just curious
Expressing frustrations wont do any good. I do not want to go into much details of my frustration. I had a lot of issues.
Like for e.g the CRA had my date of entry to Canada wrong and demands tax from me instead of refund.

Unbelievable it took 3 re assessmentsMy wif for them to fix it. One time, two time but three times?

There were some other issues I faced too (with private parties) in short failing to deliver on committed. I thought Canada was different from the place I came from.

And my country there are great people too! they made my wife's pass port two times due to mistakes. They wasted 4 months!
ran pillar to post and banged our head!

Some people who read my post "I hate Canada" responded with a word "shame"

I do not feel ashamed. I earn my own bread breaking bricks (working in Asbestos Demo)
(even though I am 15 year experienced Engg Technician with a big resume)

I dont care who say what, cause I help myself! and nobody neither the government nor others.
I do not want to divert this forum. But please understand "frustrations"

In my home country I dont get frustrated because I know "they are like that only"
I expected Canada to be much efficient and conducive.

There is a gap between what is perceived and what is real about Canada.

Lastly the only reason I came to India is because I do not like the "citizens" of the country where I come from.
I wanted to be in a place away from them. That is why I am in Calgary and not in Toronto or Vancouer.
Maybe I will move to Yellow knife or some less known place.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
mapledreams said:

I wish you ALL the best.
- 7 years to get immigration
- 2 years still to get Family DOctor
- An MD was here for one year and went back home frustrated saying " the health care here is run by mafia"

Immigrants are more inclined to "appreciate"
because of the situation back home

I was laughing when a "calgarian" was fretting "oooh the transit here is so bad...!"
At least i need not travel here in foot board (hanging out the door)

There are issues in Canada.
There is no need to feel "high" about Canada (that is my opinion)
Not much of a difference

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
newdelhi2011 said:
It's a shame that ppl want to migrate to the country that they hate. Canada is far more better place to live than any other country in the world and that's the only reason why the get thousands of immigration applications. If you think that government sucks in this country, why don't you compare with the system here with your home country. As other members suggested, if you don't like something, write or call your MP. At least you have the access to them unlike other countries where you will be lucky if you can get a hold of even a minister.
Let's just calm down and do some research before bashing gov.
[/quote

That is what I am saying.
Here it gives one a false sense of goodness.
That something not in that country is here in this country.

Maybe I thought very "high" about Canada.
In the end it is just a place in earth with the same "human beings"

Living here for two years. came across many stories first hand.
Recently an axed "teacher" moved in our house.
And he was telling about how the Alberta government abused thier pension funds and went back on thier commitment.

The attempt illegal sale of the prairies land to commercial real estate and so on...
These are on the top level...

When people live with wives they hate.
One can live in a country that they hate.
Other wise one only has to commit suicide
being no where to go