VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
Kedeisha said:
I will update the spreadsheet
@ Kedeisha A little update from me :D

Date Application Mailed: 31/08/2011
Date Application received by CIC: 02/09/2011 (Got a signature for received at CIC).

Just a small adjustment for application mailed: P , but still.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I plan to mail mine as soon as i get my marriage certificate tomorrow from fedex i might do xpresspost or courier

dont do regular mail you wont know it has been received as a signature is your way to know it has been received especially with cpc-m not giving any type of acknowledgement that they receive your app not a good idea IMO

hope by Tuesday my app is gone

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
Kedeisha said:
I plan to mail mine as soon as i get my marriage certificate tomorrow from fedex i might do xpresspost or courier

dont do regular mail you wont know it has been received as a signature is your way to know it has been received especially with cpc-m not giving any type of acknowledgement that they receive your app not a good idea IMO

hope by Tuesday my app is gone
Thanx fOr the advice kedisha. Are u from jamaica?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinda said:
Thanx fOr the advice kedisha. Are u from jamaica?
Yes I am from Jamaica but I live in Canada (I`m a citizen) my husband lives in Jamaica and its an outland application hope to submit next week latest as hubby sent MC

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
Kedeisha said:
Yes I am from Jamaica but I live in Canada (I`m a citizen) my husband lives in Jamaica and its an outland application hope to submit next week latest as hubby sent MC
ok cool good luck

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
My applications was received on Monday Sept 12, I got confirmation from Canada Post website, I used the next AM service, which was NOT the next AM, more like 2 days.

I would not use regular mail, if you use Canada Post, use any of the services that allow you to track and confirm the package has been delivered. I did not have a great experience with Canada Post and I've heard this a few times, so perhaps it may be worth it to go with Fedex or another courier company.

Good Luck

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know silly question but is there a big difference in price between fedex and xpresspost

Edit: Anxious me went to the post office and found out the canada post private courier service will cost me max $20 n fed ex $40 so if my MC gets here tomorrow by noon after work I will be sending off my pckg with them arriving Tuesday at noon as I am choosing that option

I am happy and scared scared because it may not be good enough but happy to have it go and my hubby is EXTREMELY happy as he says he dont wanna hear anymore please send this please send that hahaha poor him

gatherroses

Sep 14, 2011
We're going to have ours in for the 31st of September (we've got all the paperwork done - we just want to show our lawyer)!
We're going through Paris. =)
Looking forward (as much as one can look forward to this) to going through the process with all of you!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gatherroses said:
We're going to have ours in for the 31st of September (we've got all the paperwork done - we just want to show our lawyer)!
We're going through Paris. =)
Looking forward (as much as one can look forward to this) to going through the process with all of you!
Will add you to the spreadsheet

just a note september does not have 30 days I guess being anxious did that to you

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
Ok so i just realized that it takes 1year and 8 months for inland spousal sponsorship!!! Omg!!! Anyz i guess its better to be together for the wait than apart right? Lol also i just realized that u dont have to send ur medical in with application it can be sent at a later time as medicals expire 12 months after u take them and cic only review medicals in the second stage. Just wanted to clarify that. Good luck guys

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
Hi Kedeisha, I'm also trying to decide whether to get my husband send the package using Canada Post or Fedex.. Since he's in Canada, maybe Canada Post will be okay.. Anyone who would really advise against this??

Chinda, do you know that you can apply via outland even though you'll be in Canada? Applying outland is usually faster and you can leave Canada. The only drawback is that if you get called for interview you have to go to the country where you're applying from. But look it up if you don't know about this already. There are lots of threads that address this.