Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
My package got delivered today!!!! Now the wait begins ....

Good Luck everyone

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina85 said:
My package got delivered today!!!! Now the wait begins ....

Good Luck everyone
is today the day it was signed as received or u sent it off today?

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
It says "Item successfully delivered" I sent it out on the 19th using Canada post NEXT AM and it got there 2 days later lol

Do we get any acknowledgment letter from CIC?? DO you guys think they will cut down the processign time of 63 days?!?! I mean considering summer holidays are over...? They really need to set their priorities straight!! lol

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina85 said:
It says "Item successfully delivered" I sent it out on the 19th using Canada post NEXT AM and it got there 2 days later lol

Do we get any acknowledgment letter from CIC?? DO you guys think they will cut down the processign time of 63 days?!?! I mean considering summer holidays are over...? They really need to set their priorities straight!! lol
hahah Tina we sent it the same day I got notification this morning it says it was signed yesterday so i am glad I too used the next day am service so will uodate spreadsheet

I hope today the processing time changes to a declining fashion holidays are indeed over

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
doghouse said:
Yay, Kedeisha!! It must be such a relief! I'm still waiting for my marriage certificate. I'm crossing my fingers that it arrives this week. I'm adamant that I will be part of this september group!!! I will make it!! :)

leroadrunner, where did you send your package from?? If the price is that comparable, maybe I should go with fedex instead. hmmm..
From North York! So not really far!

Cheers!

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
Tina85 said:

Congrats Tina on this very big step!

Cheers!

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks!!

Good luck to you too :)

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
Congratulations guys!

Hopefully mine will go out this week! I keep finding errors in my applications typos and the like. I am really frustrated and just drained out of energy its beginning to take a toll. I am very much trying to keep positive and keep my wits about me but to be honest I keep doubting that the package is "complete" thoughts keep going through my mind like "you can't send it yet you need more explanations to why 'X' 'Y' & 'Z' or the explanation needs to be more clearly written" and "There's a misspelled word on page 5 gotta type the whole thing over again" Am I being overly meticulous? Is that possible?

For the first time last night I had heated discussion with my husband just because he forgot to call Western Union to see if they could fax or e-mail us a transaction list. I've been working on this thing for months part of me wants to send it off and if there's an issue there's an issue and the other part of me cant seem to be satisfied with the hard work I've put into this thing - will this "its never going to be good enough" feeling go away?

I feel terrible for "dumping" here but honestly I don't have anyone else to talk to about this that knows the process and I really needed to get it off my chest.

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
TheProfessorsWife said:
Congratulations guys!

Hopefully mine will go out this week! I keep finding errors in my applications typos and the like. I am really frustrated and just drained out of energy its beginning to take a toll. I am very much trying to keep positive and keep my wits about me but to be honest I keep doubting that the package is "complete" thoughts keep going through my mind like "you can't send it yet you need more explanations to why 'X' 'Y' & 'Z' or the explanation needs to be more clearly written" and "There's a misspelled word on page 5 gotta type the whole thing over again" Am I being overly meticulous? Is that possible?

For the first time last night I had heated discussion with my husband just because he forgot to call Western Union to see if they could fax or e-mail us a transaction list. I've been working on this thing for months part of me wants to send it off and if there's an issue there's an issue and the other part of me cant seem to be satisfied with the hard work I've put into this thing - will this "its never going to be good enough" feeling go away?

I feel terrible for "dumping" here but honestly I don't have anyone else to talk to about this that knows the process and I really needed to get it off my chest.
Please please please don't get discouraged!

I think we all have those days when we get fed up with the process, but it's only normal. Take a day for yourself to re-charge and keep going.
Being meticulous is a good thing! but don't go overboard. I think as long as your application is complete, they won't care if there is an ortographic error.
One piece of advice that was helpful to me, was that I filled out the application with the guide next to me, so I went back and forth a lot to ensure I understood the question, and gave the proper answer.
I also called the CIC line many times, with what seemed stupid questions and they were super helpful, so don't hesitate to do that.

If you have doubts, come to us and we'll try to help with our own experiences.

You are not alone in this! there are many of us going through the same thing, so we might as well help each other...

Take care, breath, and everything will be ok!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with ccbrasil that you should do your best but don't get discouraged with the process. This is a normal feeling that maybe you could have done things better. Even after sending my application I have doubts sometimes. This is all good and it's not the end of the world.

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
quote author=ccbrasil link=topic=81078.msg1009842#msg1009842 date=1316621449]
Please please please don't get discouraged!

I think we all have those days when we get fed up with the process, but it's only normal. Take a day for yourself to re-charge and keep going.
Being meticulous is a good thing! but don't go overboard. I think as long as your application is complete, they won't care if there is an ortographic error.
One piece of advice that was helpful to me, was that I filled out the application with the guide next to me, so I went back and forth a lot to ensure I understood the question, and gave the proper answer.
I also called the CIC line many times, with what seemed stupid questions and they were super helpful, so don't hesitate to do that.

If you have doubts, come to us and we'll try to help with our own experiences.

You are not alone in this! there are many of us going through the same thing, so we might as well help each other...

Take care, breath, and everything will be ok!
[/quote]

Thank you so much ccbrasil I really needed to hear your kind and encouraging words. Thank you also Quince 777. I see that this is all part of the process. I think I am going to take a breath, take a walk and do some yoga, collect my brain from wherever it went in the cosmos and come back clear headed.
I really am just so thankful for all of you helpful individuals- such a blessing.
May love triumph over all!
<3
I'll be back later.... :)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i agree dont stress about it i let a few typos go wasnt gonna stress over it so plz take a break

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
hey Kedeisha ,
Did the update on Canada Post website state "signed" or just "Item Successfully Delivered"??

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
OMG 66 days?!?!!?! I am going to Dieeee :(:(