+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2004 (UK) Applicants-PR Received

mountain

Nov 25, 2006
Dear all,

I have just received my PR for Canada Skilled Worker application. Here is my timeline;

Application Date: September 2004
AOR Received: November 2004
Letter Received to Update the File: May and June 2006
Medical Instruction Received: November 2006
Medical Done: December 2006
Decision Received: January 2007
PR Visa Received: March 2007
Intended Date and Destination: August 2007-Edmonton (Alberta).

I thank you all of you for the update and information on this forum.

Cheers,

Mountain.

mountain

Nov 25, 2006
Thanks Eduardo. I applied from Norway while I was a student there and later I transfered my file to UK as I moved here.

Cheers,

Mountain

atul31

Dec 28, 2006
Hi Mountain,
Congrats and all the best for your future endeavours. Mine is also Nov.2004 but only interview is over, waiting for medical papers. What is the reason for choosing Alberta?
rgds,
Atul

poke

Mar 13, 2007
England
Well Done!!

I am at the beginning of the process, so it's great to see it does happen for people and 2 years isn't bad for the UK!!

Have fun!

NC

Mar 6, 2007
Congratulations on your PR.
I am also waiting to hear back from the consulate. Submitted my Medical and FBI Clearance letters on Feb 8th. Hopefully it should be sooner.

Thanks for posting your timeline.
NC

favourme

Nov 21, 2006
Warri, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2004
Hi mountain,

Congratulations! Imagine, I applied the same time with you (Sept 2004) in Ghana. Till date my application is still in quene for screening. Well, I wish you successful stay in Alberta.

bostonkelly

Jul 1, 2005
Congradulations!

I will be submitting to the High Commission in London at the end of the month my passport for my PR Visa. How long does it take from the date you submit your passport to when they return passport with visa? Was told 2-3 weeks and wondering if this is the case?

Jim

mountain

Nov 25, 2006
Jim,

It takes normally ten working days (2 weeks) to get your passport back. If you want to apply in person, go there on Thursday at 2 o'clock (expect a long queu there) and you can collect your passport exactly on second thursday (after 10 working days).

Best of luck and by the way where are you planning to settle?

Mountain.

bostonkelly

Jul 1, 2005
Thanks for info. Looking at both Winnipeg and Halifax as potential places to live. Currently in Canada on fact finding mission and have been to both cities. Will have to make up mind when I return to UK early next week.

Jim

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
Wow, you really kept up with the whole process. Did you ever think it would take 3 years? They do say it takes about that long, but you always hope.....