+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept. applicant: request for RCMP clearance?!

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Hi everyone,

I applied under CEC back in September; sent in every document requested, including my home country police check...got positive AOR.

Today, this morning, I get an email from the Ottawa Pilot saying:

Dear John Smith:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø [client ID number] - John Smith:
Ø RCMP Criminal Record Check: provide a certified criminal record check. For detailed information please visit: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Was this even a requirement? I thought they just needed my home country's police check, no? It says in the guide "These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18." Maybe it's because of my Arab name?!

In any case, what are the next steps? I went to L1 Fingerprint Solutions...they took the fingerprints, noted my file number, and said the RCMP would forward the check to the Ottawa Pilot (I would not get a copy for myself). Is there anything else you think I need to do? How should I phrase the response back to the CIC?

Thanks for the help everyone

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Yes , this is a requirement . You cannot get immigration if you have a pending criminal case or u r convicted of a criminal charge in canada .

rick1111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2012
Doc's Request.
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013
ahm2307 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied under CEC back in September; sent in every document requested, including my home country police check...got positive AOR.

Today, this morning, I get an email from the Ottawa Pilot saying:

Dear John Smith:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø [client ID number] - John Smith:
Ø RCMP Criminal Record Check: provide a certified criminal record check. For detailed information please visit: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Was this even a requirement? I thought they just needed my home country's police check, no? It says in the guide "These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18." Maybe it's because of my Arab name?!

In any case, what are the next steps? I went to L1 Fingerprint Solutions...they took the fingerprints, noted my file number, and said the RCMP would forward the check to the Ottawa Pilot (I would not get a copy for myself). Is there anything else you think I need to do? How should I phrase the response back to the CIC?

Thanks for the help everyone
They asked me and some other june applicants to do the same. I did my fingerprints at one of the private agency and in my case rcmp sent me the certificate and then i myself did expresspost to Case processing Centre.

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
rick1111 said:
They asked me and some other june applicants to do the same. I did my fingerprints at one of the private agency and in my case rcmp sent me the certificate and then i myself did expresspost to Case processing Centre.
I see...yeah, I wanted to do the same thing, but they told me it may take up to 4 weeks to get the criminal check in the mail, so I told them to just have the RCMP send it to the Ottawa office directly...

I emailed the following response back to the Ottawa Office:

Dear Sir or Madam,

In Regards to:

Application: XXX
UCI: XXXXXXXX
Name: JOHN SMITH

As requested, I have just completed a request for an RCMP criminal record check at Morpho/L-1 Identity Solutions. The request has been transmitted to the RCMP and I was informed that the RCMP will send the the results of the check directly to the Ottawa Pilot Office with my application number attached. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to confirm when the Pilot Office has received the check. Can you please inform me once you do receive it?

The following is the email confirmation of I got from Morpho after getting my fingerprints scanned and filling the criminal record check request. Please let me know if you need any other information:

In regards to this Fingerprint Search/Pour cette recherche des empreintes digitales:
DCN/NCD: XX
Record Date/Date d'enregistrement: 2013-05-22
Applicant Name/Nom de candidat: XX
Contributor Case Or File Number/Numéro dossier contribuant: XX
Your Reference Number/Votre numéro de référence:
Status :The Canadian Authority has acknowledged receipt of the transaction.

Thank You,

Does that sound about right?

I really didn't want it to come down to this...more steps > more complications > more chances to make mistakes...I really hope this goes over smoothly.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ahm2307 said:
You are correct, it is NOT a requirement to submit the RCMP clearance with your application. This is because CIC conducts name-based checks automatically for all applicants. Unfortunately for some applicants (like you), the name-based check does not come back clean (e.g. someone with the same name as you has a criminal record).

If this happens, CIC will request that you submit a finger-print based RCMP clearance. At this time, it becomes a requirement :)

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
jes_ON said:
You are correct, it is NOT a requirement to submit the RCMP clearance with your application. This is because CIC conducts name-based checks automatically for all applicants. Unfortunately for some applicants (like you), the name-based check does not come back clean (e.g. someone with the same name as you has a criminal record).

If this happens, CIC will request that you submit a finger-print based RCMP clearance. At this time, it becomes a requirement :)
Got it...well, I hope things go over well the way I proceeded :)

rick1111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2012
Doc's Request.
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013
ahm2307 said:
Got it...well, I hope things go over well the way I proceeded :)
Good luck !! I hope all goes well for you !!

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
excellent answer by JES_ON.. :-*

jes_ON said: