+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Citizenship grant i applied in oct 2017.
Did my test on feb 28 2018
Now waiting for oath.
Pr was submitted on dec 28th.
Yes get your PR then file the paper work it takes time.
Thanks for the details. Yeah I will. I was not sure if both applications can be submitted together so I was a bit confused. I will apply for the citizenship grant pretty soon.

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
What number did you call? Can you provide please. Did they tell you if your application package is received or not?
After that call i also emailed them for an inquiry asking for a receipt. Can you believe it everything changed from that call and email. Or my status will still unknown. I think residents should never hesitate to call or ask for there status.

Reactions: YumiMedina

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Waiting for oath letter is so slow that i had to renew the pr to on vacation.
Same as what I did with my Mom & Dad, as we had Travel Plans for May. I applied for both Citizenship and their PR Card renewal (Their PR got expired last Dec).

Currently, waiting on their interview date for Citizenship, and hoping to get an update on the PR Card next month.

Am like, what will happen if any doesnt get done by May. hahahaahahahah But am crossing my fingers at least the PR card should be here before May.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Citizenship grant i applied in oct 2017.
Did my test on feb 28 2018
Now waiting for oath.
Pr was submitted on dec 28th.
Yes get your PR then file the paper work it takes time.

You timeline and my parents are a month apart, and I am still waiting for their Citizenship interview (both seniors). Hopefully sooon.

Reactions: sofia.m

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
After that call i also emailed them for an inquiry asking for a receipt. Can you believe it everything changed from that call and email. Or my status will still unknown. I think residents should never hesitate to call or ask for there status.
I agree, if it was over the time line they have indicated in the CIC website. I didnt know that the original landing document (IM1000) was that important, until I got my passport. :)

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Same as what I did with my Mom & Dad, as we had Travel Plans for May. I applied for both Citizenship and their PR Card renewal (Their PR got expired last Dec).

Currently, waiting on their interview date for Citizenship, and hoping to get an update on the PR Card next month.

Am like, what will happen if any doesnt get done by May. hahahaahahahah But am crossing my fingers at least the PR card should be here before May.

Yes it should be. I also feel like service Ontario should have this PR service there too. For a renewal it takes forever too. When did you submit for renewal for PR?

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
I agree, if it was over the time line they have indicated in the CIC website. I didnt know that the original landing document (IM1000) was that important, until I got my passport. :)

I used the IUC # on the letter i received from CIC receipt for citizenship. :)

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Congrats guys for the AOR! What is your eCAS status? "In Process" or "Decision Made"?
My eCAS status turned DECISION MADE on the same day I received the confirmation email from CIC. Any idea how much time it generally takes to get the second email from CIC or the PR CARDS?

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Congrats guys for the AOR! What is your eCAS status? "In Process" or "Decision Made"?
My eCAS status turned DECISION MADE on the same day I received the confirmation email from CIC. Any idea how much time it generally takes to get the second email from CIC or the PR CARDS?
I got decision made status but no email.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Yes it should be. I also feel like service Ontario should have this PR service there too. For a renewal it takes forever too. When did you submit for renewal for PR?
Its actually my Parents PR Renewal. It was received Feb 12. So I was hoping a response in the next 2 weeks. :)

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Congrats khlid! Good job!

I have a very similar situation with you, I have 25 visits during last 5 years and would submit my application when my RO reaches 820 or above. I want to know if you attached "colored copies of all pages + translations + CBSA record + well prepared excel sheet record" with your package at the beginning and not got a SR or any notice for additional proof?

I am going to do so and I could make a colour chart showing my days in Canada and accompany my citizen spouse in USA. I will have to make a easy-to-understand counts with solid proof for them to make decision.
Yes, I submitted all these documents and then did not receive any request for additional documents from CIC.