+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separation question

Albertagal

Dec 29, 2020
Hey there. Quick Question.

In 2017 I married my husband from India and I did the work to sponsor him here. In 2018, the application was approved during his visit with me.

That whole year after our marriage we were rocky.
Then during his visit it was just terrible. We got excited to know our application was approved but still we had so many issues brewing.
He went home and about 3 weeks later, my anger took over and I snapped. I ended the relationship.

His friend offered him a job in a town 3 hours from my town. And after about 2 or 3 weeks of the break up he came to Canada in November. Where when I asked him to come, he didn't want to come until Jan.
So he came to Canada. He never once came to my house. He only called and messaged. Never tried to come see me and only expected me to move there. Well for me, if that was my relationship, I would have fought for it and put the relationship first then the job 2nd.
Then he left that job and took another job about 7 hours from my house. Still never tried to come see.

Anyways. I moved as well. And I had soooooo much anger towards him for the last year and a half that I never allowed myself to process anything. That's how I deal with emotions.
But these last few months I have allowed those emotions to catch up and to feel and to think.

Now that I am thinking clearly, I do feel my ex used me in a very clever way to get to Canada. I feel that he said things to push me to end it with him. And many other things that I can see now and say yes that makes sense.

We are still separated. I have not taken a divorce and I told him that he can. I also have never seen him since he entered Canada as a PR.

But now I am thinking is there anything that I can do to basically teach him a lesson or make him pay for the embarrassment and shame he brought to me?

I know it sounds childish but it really hurts because I thought this was a legit relationship but when I really think back, there were so many redflags and he really played a good part.

Also please note this is a quick rundown of the relationship and there was so many things to do. I tried my best and I always thought once he comes, he will change. So I tried to wait as long as I could.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

In 2017 I married my husband from India and I did the work to sponsor him here. In 2018, the application was approved during his visit with me.

That whole year after our marriage we were rocky.
Then during his visit it was just terrible. We got excited to know our application was approved but still we had so many issues brewing.
He went home and about 3 weeks later, my anger took over and I snapped. I ended the relationship.

His friend offered him a job in a town 3 hours from my town. And after about 2 or 3 weeks of the break up he came to Canada in November. Where when I asked him to come, he didn't want to come until Jan.
So he came to Canada. He never once came to my house. He only called and messaged. Never tried to come see me and only expected me to move there. Well for me, if that was my relationship, I would have fought for it and put the relationship first then the job 2nd.
Then he left that job and took another job about 7 hours from my house. Still never tried to come see.

Anyways. I moved as well. And I had soooooo much anger towards him for the last year and a half that I never allowed myself to process anything. That's how I deal with emotions.
But these last few months I have allowed those emotions to catch up and to feel and to think.

Now that I am thinking clearly, I do feel my ex used me in a very clever way to get to Canada. I feel that he said things to push me to end it with him. And many other things that I can see now and say yes that makes sense.

We are still separated. I have not taken a divorce and I told him that he can. I also have never seen him since he entered Canada as a PR.

But now I am thinking is there anything that I can do to basically teach him a lesson or make him pay for the embarrassment and shame he brought to me?

I know it sounds childish but it really hurts because I thought this was a legit relationship but when I really think back, there were so many redflags and he really played a good part.

Also please note this is a quick rundown of the relationship and there was so many things to do. I tried my best and I always thought once he comes, he will change. So I tried to wait as long as I could.
Pretty much guaranteed it too late. I don't think IRCC will do anything about this so long after landing. Having said that, if you want to try reporting him, you can always do that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

Be prepared to hear nothing back. They won't tell you one way or the other if they are going to investigate him.

Reactions: Albertagal

Albertagal

Dec 29, 2020
Pretty much guaranteed it too late. I don't think IRCC will do anything about this so long after landing. Having said that, if you want to try reporting him, you can always do that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

Be prepared to hear nothing back. They won't tell you one way or the other if they are going to investigate him.
Yes it is such a long time. But when I first ended things, I never felt that he used me just because I didn't clearly think or process anything. Plus I honestly thought that there was nothing I could do once he landed. I never knew that I could report it.
So it was my mistake.
I just know I need to close this chapter so was thinking of how to close it and if I can do anything against him.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes it is such a long time. But when I first ended things, I never felt that he used me just because I didn't clearly think or process anything. Plus I honestly thought that there was nothing I could do once he landed. I never knew that I could report it.
So it was my mistake.
I just know I need to close this chapter so was thinking of how to close it and if I can do anything against him.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!
You should be prepared that nothing will happen and he will be allowed to keep is PR status and remain in Canada. My advice is to find ways to move on and close this chapter without being able to do anything against him.

In my opinion there's an extremely low chance CBSA will look into this. But by all means contact them if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: Albertagal

Albertagal

Dec 29, 2020
You should be prepared that nothing will happen and he will be allowed to keep is PR status and remain in Canada. My advice is to find ways to move on and close this chapter without being able to do anything against him.

In my opinion there's an extremely low chance CBSA will look into this. But by all means contact them if it makes you feel better.
Yes for sure! You have valid points so thank you again.

It is just time to close it. I am ready for that.

panheng

Dec 29, 2020

So he came to Canada. He never once came to my house. He only called and messaged.

You will never know until you try.
I think you should still try to report him. Maybe IRCC will keep your complaint on File just incase he decides to sponsor someone in the near future
Maybe he had a significant other here waiting for him until he got PR

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will never know until you try.
I think you should still try to report him. Maybe IRCC will keep your complaint on File just incase he decides to sponsor someone in the near future
Maybe he had a significant other here waiting for him until he got PR
Since he was sponsored through the spousal sponsorship program, he can't sponsor anyone himself until five years have passed since they day he landed and became a PR. This rule applies to all those sponsored as spouses / common law partners / conjugal partners.