19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hello everyone,

I am a legally married man but separated from my wife, meaning that legally we are still bound together, getting a divorce is expensive and a long task, can I apply as separated knowing that I don't plan to bring her to Canada in the short term, and will it be possible to bring her to Canada afterwards if we are together again.

Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You can submit an affidavit with your application that you are separated, and acknowledge that by not including her in your PR app you can never sponsor her for PR in the future.

So no, if you ever get together again you will never be able to sponsor her for PR since you are legally married now but want to apply as single.

If you ever wanted to keep door open to sponsor her later, she would need to be included in your PR app as a non-accompanying spouse and also pass the medical exam.

prachisingh

Apr 15, 2018
You can submit an affidavit with your application that you are separated, and acknowledge that by not including her in your PR app you can never sponsor her for PR in the future.

So no, if you ever get together again you will never be able to sponsor her for PR since you are legally married now but want to apply as single.

If you ever wanted to keep door open to sponsor her later, she would need to be included in your PR app as a non-accompanying spouse and also pass the medical exam.

Hi,

I have a similar case, and my husband is not co-operating much with me. I have a 3 year old child with me as well. So can you please suggest what that affidavit should look like or if you can provide a sample?
Please help me I don't have much time.