+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Separate sheet of paper"- Is Signing and Dating needed?

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
IRCC mentions that it's possible to add a separate sheet of paper for any additional piece of information.

Do we need to sign and date that additional sheet?

If yes, who signs it?

Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I am making a covering letter and attaching a list of document to prove that I will live with my spouse when she get PR, I will of course sign and date.

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
If I am making a covering letter and attaching a list of document to prove that I will live with my spouse when she get PR, I will of course sign and date.
I tried to search in the IRCC site but I couldn't find where they say to date and sign. I only found where they ask to put the names:

Be complete and accurate
Fill out all sections. If a section doesn’t apply to you, write “N/A” (or “not applicable”) next to the appropriate section. If your application is incomplete it may be returned to you (see section 10 of the IRPR for more information) and this will delay processing.

If you need more space for any section, use a separate sheet of paper. Make sure you label this sheet with your name and the question you are answering.

Use the following instructions to fill out the forms. Most of the questions on the forms are straightforward and extra instructions have only been given for some questions. You must answer all questions.​

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
NO , you don't have to sign the separate sheets as long as there is full name, form no. reason on the top. I did same way in the past and was OK

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
That’s what I was thinking too:

- NO singing NO dating.

- I will add the names of the PA and Sponsor at the bottom.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
NO , you don't have to sign the separate sheets as long as there is full name, form no. reason on the top. I did same way in the past and was OK
Right, those sheets are self explanatory where and whom they belong to .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
IRCC mentions that it's possible to add a separate sheet of paper for any additional piece of information.

Do we need to sign and date that additional sheet?

If yes, who signs it?

Thanks in advance.
It's a written statement - sign and date. Who shoudl sign? Whoever is making the statement.