+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separate express entry profile for spouse

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone,

My husband applied for express entry as primary applicant and me as secondary and got ITA on May 31st draw with score of 435.

My ECA got completed today and I am thinking of applying for express entry profile with myself as primary applicant and my husband as secondary. I would get a score of 454 and believe I would get selected in the forthcoming draws. My husband would then decline his ITA. This was our first choice but my ECA got delayed.

This might seem odd as he has already received ITA, but he feels it will be better for me to apply as primary applicant as it is easier for me to get my work ex details.

Queries-
1. Is there any issue if we do this now, after he has gotten ITA ?
2. I am being asked to provide details while filling express entry profile around whether I have applied in express entry before. Do I need to answer yes ?
3. Will this impact our chances of PR ?

Please let me know what you think.

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

This might seem odd as he has already received ITA, but he feels it will be better for me to apply as primary applicant as it is easier for me to get my work ex details.
Your queries are answered already. But I am wondering about your choice in applying individually, there is no difference in getting the job whether you got the PR as primary or secondary applicant. I would recommend you to go with single application with primary and dependant applicant, so that the documentation preparation will be easier.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Your queries are answered already. But I am wondering about your choice in applying individually, there is no difference in getting the job whether you got the PR as primary or secondary applicant. I would recommend you to go with single application with primary and dependant applicant, so that the documentation preparation will be easier.
I think you haven't understood her post correctly. She meant it will be easier for her to get reference letters from her previous employers. She will apply as primary and get ITA and than he will reject his ITA.

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
I think you haven't understood her post correctly. She meant it will be easier for her to get reference letters from her previous employers. She will apply as primary and get ITA and than he will reject his ITA.
Correct, please ignore my comment.

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks everyone for your reply.

My husband got the ITA but has not started filling the application. So we should be good right ?
I am still unsure about mentioning my husband's express entry profile as it is asking for a express entry profile. I am afraid as if I do not provide that number, it might be considered as mis-representation of data.

Is there any downside of mentioning my husband's express entry profile in my profile ?

Please suggest.

hari_1326

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 08
AOR Received.
March 08
can a couple have two separate express entry accounts and choose one based on the score?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Me and my spouse is preferring to have 2 EE profiles as major applicant, and each others are being dependent. (Me and spouse only).

We chose this because my NOC is in high demand for provincial nomination and my spouse is ranking good in CRS scores. Will it be a problem? What to do when we receive ITA?