+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separate Express Entry profile for partner?

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

I and my common-law partner are waiting in the Express Entry (EE) pool at 473 points. I am the primary applicant while my partner is included as a dependant. Due to the uncertainty of FSW draws, we are thinking of creating a separate EE profile for my partner to increase the chances of receiving a PNP nomination.

In my EE profile, I haven`t mentioned any work experience of my partner, mainly because we don`t get any extra points for spouse`s foreign work experience and also to avoid extra paperwork at our end. I will mention all her work history post-ITA in the personal history section or wherever applicable.

1. Now when she creates a separate EE profile including me as a dependant, is it needed to mention my work history at this point. I just want to avoid the extra paperwork and plus we don`t get any extra points for my experience here.

2. Also, would it be completely fine for my partner to create a separate EE profile and claim points for her experience? I am asking this because I haven`t mentioned any of her work experience in my EE profile where she is included as a dependant? Would this look normal where I haven`t mentioned any of her work experience in my profile but she will mention her work ex. in her profile?

I hope I didn`t make it confusing.

Your input really matters! Thanks in advance.