Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Michal said:
Pcc validity is 6months right? So I am still good.
Medicals validity ? Done in the end of July. I am assuming they are still ok?
POF - 6 months prior to submitting the app after ITA, right?
Any thoughts on the above?

bnanaslp

May 17, 2015
Hi folks,
I also received my ITA on Sept. 18 with 1018 points (got nomination from Ontario:) )

For the passport/travel document, do I need to scan all the pages of the passport? or just the page where it has my photo, name, birthday, etc. ?

and for the employment letters, is it okay to upload the letters I received in June this year? do the letters have to be dated after the Sept. 18?

also, I was surprised that they are not asking for other documents such as birth certificates, pnp confirmation letters, etc.

thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bnanaslp said:
Hi folks,
I also received my ITA on Sept. 18 with 1018 points (got nomination from Ontario:) )

For the passport/travel document, do I need to scan all the pages of the passport? or just the page where it has my photo, name, birthday, etc. ?

Upload exactly what is required by CIC. If they only ask for bio-data pages, upload just those. OINP wanted you to submit all blank pages for some inscrutable reasons but CIC doesn't.

and for the employment letters, is it okay to upload the letters I received in June this year? do the letters have to be dated after the Sept. 18?

Those would suffice. What you sent to Ontario can be safely reused.

also, I was surprised that they are not asking for other documents such as birth certificates, pnp confirmation letters, etc.

Birth certificate not required from PA/spouse/common-law partner. PNP confirmation letter not required because your points confirm that you've received the nomination.

thanks in advance

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016

hi asivad,
I found you quite helping on this forum,
I would like to divert your attention on my case.

My passport is completely in english,

I am expatriate in kuwait, So I have residence permit stamped which is in english
like name, passport number, residence permit number, date of expiry and date of issue.

but only one option is given in arabic that is sponser name.

Do i need to translate this residency page of my passport??

Also what documents do we need to get notarized? Translated documents??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nickarter84 said:
hi asivad,
I found you quite helping on this forum,
I would like to divert your attention on my case.

My passport is completely in english,

I am expatriate in kuwait, So I have residence permit stamped which is in english
like name, passport number, residence permit number, date of expiry and date of issue.

but only one option is given in arabic that is sponser name.

Do i need to translate this residency page of my passport??

Also what documents do we need to get notarized? Translated documents??
I imagine this need not be translated if it just 1 field entry in a document that is otherwise completely in English.

Notarizing is required only for documents on plain paper whose authentication is under question. For example, a work reference letter by an ex-colleague on plain paper will not be acceptable without being notarized.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Hi All! I got ITA in the last draw and have landed up with a a question:-

My Salary account has EMI transaction of my home loan and car loan. Is it ok to show POF excluding this salary account of mine?
I am showing POF as 7 months old FD (75% of POF) and joint account with my wife.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jkal said:
Hi All! I got ITA in the last draw and have landed up with a a question:-

My Salary account has EMI transaction of my home loan and car loan. Is it ok to show POF excluding this salary account of mine?
I am showing POF as 7 months old FD (75% of POF) and joint account with my wife.
It is alright to show POF using other accounts excluding your salary account. CIC doesn't want to know your entire personal financial profile - just that you have unfettered access to the required funds and that they are unencumbered.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
Asivad Anac said:
It is alright to show POF using other accounts excluding your salary account. CIC doesn't want to know your entire personal financial profile - just that you have unfettered access to the required funds and that they are unencumbered.
if I show a Fixed deposit of the required amount with a tenure of say 1-2 yrs, do you think it will it be a valid proof of funds. Is it necessary even in that case to show a gift deed as to who gave the money & why. Also is it required too show the Bank statement anyways.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Asivad Anac said:
I imagine this need not be translated if it just 1 field entry in a document that is otherwise completely in English.

Notarizing is required only for documents on plain paper whose authentication is under question. For example, a work reference letter by an ex-colleague on plain paper will not be acceptable without being notarized.
thanks asivad, i have some other queries
1) do I need to scan all the pages of my passport or just the bio data page?

2) do i need to scan my old passport?

3) I am expatriate in kuwait, Do I need to mention my travels from my Home country to Country of Residence and vice versa?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monsier2186 said:
if I show a Fixed deposit of the required amount with a tenure of say 1-2 yrs, do you think it will it be a valid proof of funds. Is it necessary even in that case to show a gift deed as to who gave the money & why. Also is it required too show the Bank statement anyways.
Depends on how old the fixed deposit is. If it was created more than 6 months ago and it has your name on it, good to go without any further questions on source of funds. If you co-own it, you will need to get a signed self-declaration from the other account holder that they have no reservations against utilizing these funds as your POF. Also some financial institutions may charge penalty on early liquidation of such deposits so ensure that the funds remain higher than the required POF even in the case of imposition of such penalties, if you have to withdraw the funds when you move to Canada.

Bank statement isn't required if you're showcasing fixed deposit. But you will need a letter from your financial institution which provides all information required by CIC. You will find these requirements in your personalized checklist or here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nickarter84 said:
thanks asivad, i have some other queries
1) do I need to scan all the pages of my passport or just the bio data page?

Do exactly as the instructions say. I imagine they prompt only for bio data pages.

2) do i need to scan my old passport?

Same as above.I don't think CIC asks for the old passport anywhere.

3) I am expatriate in kuwait, Do I need to mention my travels from my Home country to Country of Residence and vice versa?

Again, same as above. I'm not entirely sure but I think the only exempted travel is between country of citizenship and Canada. All other travel needs to be mentioned in the Travel history section.