Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 27, 2010
File Transfer...
August 13, 2010
...no AIP.

(I'm being sponsored by my Canadian wife. Applied from within.)

After reading this on E-CAS yesterday, gotta say I'm not real optimistic - considering people on other boards saying VAN office taking 6mo - 2yrs! Waited 9mo already solely on my (PREGNANT) wife's income. Marriage stressed almost beyond repair as is. Don't think we can make it another ~year. We were really excited watching our estimated processing time approach. Finding this 2wks late...very discouraging. :(

If an applicant waits out the processing time patiently, doesn't work illegally, follows all the rules, etc, seems real unfair that file would be sent to the bottom of a year or 2 long pile. Wouldn't it be more efficient - even for CIC, to reduce open files and clear off desks - to call/email/write if a flag comes up? Couldn't things be cleared up in days/weeks rather than years? I would have been EXTREMELY happy if I could have received my OWP while processing continues. Maybe if there's any CIC/Border Protection/or "formerly of" people out there they can explain the process to me? Just so I understand.

Thank you.

TIMELINE:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2009.

We started processing your application on February 9, 2010.

We received the requested information on April 12, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on May 6, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

[SPONSORSHIP AP: We started processing your application on August 12, 2010.]

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on August 13, 2010. The local CIC office may contact you.

SEAview

Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 27, 2010
File Transfer...
August 13, 2010
...or, anyone else, please, that might have any input at all...

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish I could help you or providing some reassuring words. What was the information that was requested? Why do you think it was sent to local office? Perhaps you will be one of the ones whose application is resolved in 6 months and not two years.

Best of luck.

SEAview

Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 27, 2010
File Transfer...
August 13, 2010
Not sure what info they are referring to. can only assume responses on med and/or criminal checks.
Could be 1 of many reasons for transfer. Maybe validity of marriage (we did marry pretty soon, and didnt send more than 10-12 pics - though, all included family & foreign vacations)? Saw on other boards that people, immediately after discovering transfer, sent more pics, emails, etc. Maybe should do that?
Thanks.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not as familiar as some people with local office and what they have done when referred to them. Perhaps you can start a thread for people referred to local office and see what they have to say or if they offer any advice. You can also try to seek out PMM, this person seems to be quite knowlegdable and can perhaps offer some more insight.

SEAview

Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 27, 2010
File Transfer...
August 13, 2010
Thanks/Gracias, MexicaTica.

imemyself

Sep 29, 2010
SEAview said:
Thanks/Gracias, MexicaTica.
i have exactly same situation as yours.

Got transfered to Local office on Sep.27 probably a longer wait than the past 9 mo...

I m considering order FOSS to see what's happening.

Best of Luck !

xsinanss

May 10, 2010
they did the same think to me sent to local office on april,,since then im waiting it hass been 6 months and i dont know when they are contact with us. we went to the local office and they told us waiting period is up to 6 months!i hope they will do something very soon!!! good luck everybody

suzanne_m

Jan 29, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
CIC Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2009
AOR Received.
29-05-2009
LANDED..........
04-21-2010
Hi Seaview,

We were in the same boat. Not married though, but commonlaw. We submitted our application inland on May 2009. My boyfriend was working illegally. He was working for a company not listed on his work permit. So we expected a delay, and told the truth on our application.

Our file was sent to CIC Edmonton before AIP in October 2009.

I was pregnant too, I gave birth to our son in October 2009. What we did, was bring in more pictures, joint accounts, emails to and from our realtor showing our intent to buy a house, emails to and from our banker showing our intent to join our finances.

We just kept bringing in stuff in person. Showing them that this holdback was not going to stop us from joining our lives together.

One day in February 2010, we got a call from a CIC officer, she asked us a few questions, approved us for AIP over the phone. 2 days later we got my bf's open work permit, and the next day we got a letter asking us to go for an interview in April 2010, he landed on the 21st. Now we are planning our wedding.

Hopefully that will help you out.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
There has to be a reason for transfer to local CIC. What info did they request, exactly, and what did you send back? That line only shows up on e-CAS if you sent them something.

I'd suggest ordering your FOSS notes to find out why exactly they transferred to local CIC:

http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

SEAview

Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 27, 2010
File Transfer...
August 13, 2010
Hello all.
They have not requested info yet.
Yes, we did order FOSS directly from VAN office when we went to ask some questions - that was 3wks ago. Nothing yet. :(

Suzanne_M, AIP over phone?? Never heard that before. Very cool.

R

robrod

Interesting how some offices actually do something for you and others don't even pretend to care (like mine here in Scarborough, Ontario)... I was given the standard wait line, person in the counter didn't even look at my letter.

suzanne_m

Jan 29, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
CIC Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2009
AOR Received.
29-05-2009
LANDED..........
04-21-2010
Hi Robrod,

We had the same sort of treatment in Edmonton. Our file was transferred without first stage approval in October 2009. When we went in person, they just took copies of our documents, and told us that it might be 18 - 24 months before they even touched our file. The receptionist just asked us for our ID, and made copies.

We kept bringing in things, and in February 2010, we got a call from an officer and she asked us a few questions, and approved us over the phone. My bf landed on April 21st, and got his PR card on June 14th. So it still took us less than a year.

Keep perservering. My bf, kept getting understandably frustrated and mad, and started to blame the system etc, but he wouldn't do anything. I pushed him to use that frustration to make calls, bring in more documents, everything we could, and I think that really made a difference.

Best of luck,
Suzanne

R

robrod

Thx for your good wishes, Suzanne!.
It just bugged me that the person there didn't even look at my letter.
But I kept it cool and continued waiting the best I could.
Today I had the nice surprise of finding in the mail box my COPR appointment letter, finally!.
Just like I read here in the forum from 2 other cases awaiting this letter from the same local office, arrived on its own and on cue. Couple of days short from 2 months after the Decision Made letter from Vegreville, and my appointment will be a month from now as well...
Congrats to you and your hubby, now you can carry on with life in this country!.
Take care and thx for writing,
Rob.