+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent the application to Mississauga .What to expect now?

H

humpakwatan

After 4 months of the marriage I have finally sent in my application to sponsor my husband to Mississauga CIC. Now what happens next? Do I receive a receipt of some sort? Where can I get the client ID to track my application online?

Also I had to correct my birthdate with pen on my application is that something that they will raise eyebrows on? :-[

My case was not so straight forward because my husband was asked to leave UK where he was residing for 6 years as an illegal entrant so we had to check off the option ...asked to leave canada or any other country in the application. I have included his Police certificate from UK as well which was clean as well as his police certificate from Pakistan(also clean). 'Do you think it will be denied based on that right away without much consideration?

I'm also wondering how long does it take for them to deny an application and on what grounds can I appeal on if that happens?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
First of all, you will not receive a notification of receipt from CPC-Mississauga. When they complete their assessment of you as a sponsor you will receive a letter telling you what the decision is. This will take between 45-60 days. If you are approved, CPC-M will send the application on to the overseas processing office who will assess your partner's application. So, no, CPC-M will not refuse the application based on the fact that your husband was asked to leave the UK. When the overseas embassy is assessing the application, they will look into the circumstances of that situation and that will factor into their assessment. It is not, however, not a reason for automatic refusal. Most spousal applicants who are refused fall into one of two categories: most commonly the assessing officer does not believe that the relationship is "genuine". Sometimes the sponsor can be convinced that their partner is genuinely "in love" with them, but the assessing officers know what to look for and many times, even when a sponsor is convinced, the officers are not and the application is refused because the officer believes the applicant is using the relationship to try to get status in Canada. The other most common reason for a refusal is when the applicant has a criminal conviction and there has not been sufficient time passed for them to be "deemed rehabilitated". Criminal convictions make applicants inadmissible to Canada unless a prescribed period of time has elapsed since all sentences imposed were satisfied. But having been ordered to leave a country - even Canada - is not a criminal offence, so it doesn't automatically make an applicant inadmissible. If an applicant was deported from Canada, they have to get authorization to return in order to come back to Canada - even if permanent residence is granted. But someone having been deported from another country does not have to get that type of authorization to be eligible for permanent status in Canada. The assessing officer will, however, investigate the reasons the person was ordered to leave another country and they could determine that the person poses a risk to Canadian health or safety and refuse them on that basis.

H

humpakwatan

Thank you very much Robsluv ...that puts my mind at ease. :)