+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent requested documents through the web form, got strange reply

Apr 20, 2021
Hello! Thanks for any help regarding this, spousal app outside of canada.
We sent through a requested doc using the web form as we don't have the option to upload.
Were a bit worried that it didn't arrive to the right people so we tried again and got a strange email with the following:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information provided in the web forms submitted and regret to inform you that we are unable to process your enquiry nor attach any of the associated documents (if applicable).

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. The email address provided in the web forms is attached to numerous individuals therefore, we have concluded that we are not communicating with the concerned clients.

In order to respond to your enquiry, each client must provide their written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

Please make sure to enter your client’s information under the Applicant Information section and your information under the Enquirer Information section.

This is strange as we are not using a representative and there is no reason for them to think we are? Has anyone had a similar email when using the web form?

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
This happens sometimes if the requested document is regarding a non-accompanying person who is included on the application.

Happened to me when IRCC requested I provide proof of completed medical exam for my non-accompanying daughter. Through the webform I sent them a copy of the receipt and after a few weeks it was kicked back to me with the same message you got.

I resent the exact same receipt along with the IRCC letter requesting the proof and a few weeks later it was accepted.

Reactions: jay21

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In order to respond to your enquiry, each client must provide their written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

This is strange as we are not using a representative and there is no reason for them to think we are? Has anyone had a similar email when using the web form?
I believe this happens when the information provided comes from the sponsor's email address if the sponsor is not also the representative. (The logic is that the fact of being sponsored does not override the privacy protections of the applicant)

So I believe if you submit using the email/contact information of the PA, it should be accepted and you should not get this ambiguous email (although mistakes still do happen, so not a guarantee)

OR (as I usually recommend because it makes it easier) the sponsor can be named representative using the appointment of a representative form, that way either spouse or applicant can do most things. (Only one gckey account linked to the application though)

Apr 20, 2021
I believe this happens when the information provided comes from the sponsor's email address if the sponsor is not also the representative. (The logic is that the fact of being sponsored does not override the privacy protections of the applicant)

So I believe if you submit using the email/contact information of the PA, it should be accepted and you should not get this ambiguous email (although mistakes still do happen, so not a guarantee)

OR (as I usually recommend because it makes it easier) the sponsor can be named representative using the appointment of a representative form, that way either spouse or applicant can do most things. (Only one gckey account linked to the application though)
They must have just mucked something up because it was information regarding the PA, submitted by the PA with all his details. So annoying!

Apr 20, 2021
This happens sometimes if the requested document is regarding a non-accompanying person who is included on the application.

Happened to me when IRCC requested I provide proof of completed medical exam for my non-accompanying daughter. Through the webform I sent them a copy of the receipt and after a few weeks it was kicked back to me with the same message you got.

I resent the exact same receipt along with the IRCC letter requesting the proof and a few weeks later it was accepted.
So strange as it was info about the PA being sent by the PA...maybe we will try again with a screenshot of the request

Reactions: Underhill

Lorimuzic

Jul 17, 2021
We sent through a requested doc using the web form as we don't have the option to upload.
Were a bit worried that it didn't arrive to the right people so we tried again and got a strange email with the following:

We have verified the information provided in the web forms submitted and regret to inform you that we are unable to process your enquiry nor attach any of the associated documents (if applicable).

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. The email address provided in the web forms is attached to numerous individuals therefore, we have concluded that we are not communicating with the concerned clients.

Please make sure to enter your client’s information under the Applicant Information section and your information under the Enquirer Information section.

Is this a generic response when they cant get into the file?
Because It was a change of phone number
The email address is the same

jay21

Apr 28, 2022

I got the same email. I am the only primary applicant there is no other people in my application. I don't know why I received this type of email. What do you mean by IRCC letter requesting the proof? Did you sent the same exact thing that you sent for the first time and It got accepted? or What am I supposed to do?

Reactions: Manuswaich

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
So strange as it was info about the PA being sent by the PA...maybe we will try again with a screenshot of the request
Hello Brother same issue happened to me. Is there any problem afterwards with your application because of this? How did you resolved it? What can I do?

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Is this a generic response when they cant get into the file?
Because It was a change of phone number
The email address is the same
Hey,
Got the same email. In my case, my parents have super visa application on going and they added my phone number instead of their in the webform. Also as we have both mother & father they added both person's information in one webform. So I am confused is it because of phone number or email?

when we submitted their file, we added my phone in both application and contact email for both application is also only one.

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
Hey,
Got the same email. In my case, my parents have super visa application on going and they added my phone number instead of their in the webform. Also as we have both mother & father they added both person's information in one webform. So I am confused is it because of phone number or email?

when we submitted their file, we added my phone in both application and contact email for both application is also only one.
Did you find any solution?

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
Did you asked anyone about it? Same happened with my email address. I sent an webform to change my email Id haven’t got reply.

Sandra25

Dec 19, 2022

I got this same message from IRCC, please what can I do? Because I don’t even know what I might be misrepresenting. If you have gotten this message what did you do?