+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent Requested Document through IRCC Portal (Need Help)

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Hi, I want to ask a general question. As a principal applicant, I got a letter from IRCC asking me to submit an in-depth CV/resume outlining my entire life's trajectory, starting at the age of 18. It took me the entire month to put my resume together in the appropriate order because there were gaps and other sporadic roles that I had previously held but wasn't sure about dates of employment, job descriptions, etc.

IRCC stressed that the ADR needs to arrive at the office by Nov 5, 2022, although the document was sent through the IRCC portal on Nov 3, which worries me. I wonder if they have received my document because there has been no update on the PR portal since Oct 17. For instance, what are the chances that my document will reach their office in less than two days? If not, they have the right to refuse my visa, as stated in the letter I received from them on Oct 6, 2022

I would appreciate it if anyone would care to provide some ideas on this based on their experience so that I may better understand the situation I am in. Thanks.

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
Hi, I want to ask a general question. As a principal applicant, I got a letter from IRCC asking me to submit an in-depth CV/resume outlining my entire life's trajectory, starting at the age of 18. It took me the entire month to put my resume together in the appropriate order because there were gaps and other sporadic roles that I had previously held but wasn't sure about dates of employment, job descriptions, etc.

IRCC stressed that the ADR needs to arrive at the office by Nov 5, 2022, although the document was sent through the IRCC portal on Nov 3, which worries me. I wonder if they have received my document because there has been no update on the PR portal since Oct 17. For instance, what are the chances that my document will reach their office in less than two days? If not, they have the right to refuse my visa, as stated in the letter I received from them on Oct 6, 2022

I would appreciate it if anyone would care to provide some ideas on this based on their experience so that I may better understand the situation I am in. Thanks.
As long as your document was submitted before the date they gave, which it was, you're fine. I had to submit additional documents in July and then again in October. IRCC doesn't confirm anything, unfortunately. You just have to be patient and wait for the next step. Try not to worry, you submitted everything on time.

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
As long as your document was submitted before the date they gave it, which it was, you're fine. I had to submit additional documents in July and then again in October. IRCC doesn't confirm anything, unfortunately. You just have to be patient and wait for the next step. Try not to worry, you submitted everything on time.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, as I was so anxious.

And as you pointed out, I shouldn't worry since I submitted my document on time. I, therefore, believe that they received my document before the deadline.

Just to be sure, did you use the IRCC portal or web form to submit your additional document? As they say, webforms take time to submit and respond to, and since IRCC receives hundreds of these forms daily, it's hard for them to reply to every query in time. However, I am unsure about the GCkey portal. I hope they can locate my document there quickly.

leobala6

Nov 17, 2022
As long as your document was submitted before the date they gave, which it was, you're fine. I had to submit additional documents in July and then again in October. IRCC doesn't confirm anything, unfortunately. You just have to be patient and wait for the next step. Try not to worry, you submitted everything on time.
hi Jovirush..

can you pls guideme on how to upload a missed documented to an already submitted application? i am confused between the the below 2 links.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/72

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
hi Jovirush..

can you pls guideme on how to upload a missed documented to an already submitted application? i am confused between the the below 2 links.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/72

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Hi,
I would like to assist you, but i never use any of these platforms to submit documents because I haven't yet encountered this issue. like how to add a document to an application that has already been submitted.

But as the saying goes, you can't learn unless you try, so let's give it a shot. Before I continue, I need to know why another document needs to be uploaded. IRCC will ask you to submit any missing documentation if they believe it is necessary.. It could undermine your case and cause the visa officer further questions if you submit the additional document on your own in cases where doing so is not in your favour. I've learned that we shouldn't send any documents to IRCC until they request them or until the documents are not required by the checklist.

Have you received AOR, by the way? Do you, for instance, have your UCI and application number? The first link, in my opinion, is ideal for adding a document to your application. Everything on the form is stated as simply as one can understand it.

Webforms are typically used to report important changes such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages etc.

Use the first link, and hopefully, everything will work out. Good Luck!

leobala6

Nov 17, 2022
Hi,
I would like to assist you, but i never use any of these platforms to submit documents because I haven't yet encountered this issue. like how to add a document to an application that has already been submitted.

But as the saying goes, you can't learn unless you try, so let's give it a shot. Before I continue, I need to know why another document needs to be uploaded. IRCC will ask you to submit any missing documentation if they believe it is necessary.. It could undermine your case and cause the visa officer further questions if you submit the additional document on your own in cases where doing so is not in your favour. I've learned that we shouldn't send any documents to IRCC until they request them or until the documents are not required by the checklist.

Have you received AOR, by the way? Do you, for instance, have your UCI and application number? The first link, in my opinion, is ideal for adding a document to your application. Everything on the form is stated as simply as one can understand it.

Webforms are typically used to report important changes such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages etc.

Use the first link, and hopefully, everything will work out. Good Luck!
hi Jovirush..

I did not get the AOR yet.

I am not going to upload any new documents that the IRCC officer has not asked for.

situation is: I got an email with an attached PDF stating the below message.

Dear XXXX,

This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner,
conjugal partner or dependent child and the associated application for a permanent resident visa.
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:

Consent and Declaration
 A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of
18 when a signature for this person is required.

If you are re-submitting your application please ensure you also include a copy of this letter.

My action:
, i logged in to the online portal, i saw my application was returned, and when i opened the application, i am seeing the last consent and declaration section was open. so i filled this section and submitted the application again. i forgot the upload the PDF that they sent in email , when i re-submit the application.

so i thought of sending them now , the pdf that they sent me.

not sure where to upload that pdf , and a letter of explanation letter to explain the situation that i missed to upload the pdf.

Please advise.

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to reply, as I was so anxious.

And as you pointed out, I shouldn't worry since I submitted my document on time. I, therefore, believe that they received my document before the deadline.

Just to be sure, did you use the IRCC portal or web form to submit your additional document? As they say, webforms take time to submit and respond to, and since IRCC receives hundreds of these forms daily, it's hard for them to reply to every query in time. However, I am unsure about the GCkey portal. I hope they can locate my document there quickly.
I have used both the IRCC portal and webform. The portal is much better because I believe documents are directly added to your file with that method. The webform works too, but as you stated, it takes longer because it has to be sorted and added to your file manually. For example, in July I used webform and it took 2 weeks for them to actually add it to my file. In October I had to use it again, and it's been more than three weeks this time, without any word.

You are in great shape if you were able to submit using the portal as that is ideal and instant.

Reactions: Jovirush

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
hi Jovirush..

I am not going to upload any new documents that the IRCC officer has not asked for.

Dear XXXX,

This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner,
conjugal partner or dependent child and the associated application for a permanent resident visa.

Consent and Declaration
 A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of

If you are re-submitting your application please ensure you also include a copy of this letter.

My action:
, i logged in to the online portal, i saw my application was returned, and when i opened the application, i am seeing the last consent and declaration section was open. so i filled this section and submitted the application again. i forgot the upload the PDF that they sent in email , when i re-submit the application.

not sure where to upload that pdf , and a letter of explanation letter to explain the situation that i missed to upload the pdf.

Please advise.
I believe you are going to be fine as long as you fixed the part of the application that caused the rejection. That was the important part.

To be honest, I have forgotten to attach the PDF letter they sent each time I have submitted additional documents. Other times I couldn't include it because the file size was already too big. I don't think they care too much about the letter not being there. For me, there has not been an issue. IRCC would have these letters on file anyway, as they are the ones who sent them in the first place. If you are very concerned, you can upload the letter and an explanation via webform, but it's probably just going to slow your application down at this point.

Reactions: Jovirush

leobala6

Nov 17, 2022
I believe you are going to be fine as long as you fixed the part of the application that caused the rejection. That was the important part.

To be honest, I have forgotten to attach the PDF letter they sent each time I have submitted additional documents. Other times I couldn't include it because the file size was already too big. I don't think they care too much about the letter not being there. For me, there has not been an issue. IRCC would have these letters on file anyway, as they are the ones who sent them in the first place. If you are very concerned, you can upload the letter and an explanation via webform, but it's probably just going to slow your application down at this point.
Thanks a lot KJH85!

yes, as you said, they are the one who sent me the PDF letter, they might be aware. also you have not submitted the PDF as well. that gives hope!
thanks for sharing your experience!

Reactions: KJH85

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
Thanks a lot KJH85!

yes, as you said, they are the one who sent me the PDF letter, they might be aware. also you have not submitted the PDF as well. that gives hope!
No problem at all, I know how stressful this can be. Best of luck to you!

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
hi Jovirush..

Dear XXXX,

Consent and Declaration

My action:

Please advise.
I regret not seeing your message earlier. I value the way you described your situation. In that case, too, the first link appears more acceptable than raising a webform; instead, write a purpose in the given message box, which is why you're sending this letter. After that, upload the file, making sure it doesn't exceed the allowed size. You can either combine your explanation note and the IRCC letter into a single pdf file or upload them separately. Make sure that the combined size of the two (2) files is not greater than 3.5 Mb.

Besides that, I feel that it was fine to resubmit your application with the updated signature. I don't think it will be an issue if you missed attaching that letter with your recently submitted application. But still, if you want to satisfy yourself, follow the first link, and then let me know what kind of response you get. We might later raise a webform as well.

Just go ahead and do it, as they must have received your inquiry during the application review.

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Thanks a lot KJH85!

I wish I could have seen that message earlier, so I wouldn't have had to send you that long message :) KJH85 explained it very well, as I would've expected. Just let it go the way it is without thinking much about that missing letter. Wait for the good news to arrive. I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you, and that you soon get the AOR. Good Luck!

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
I have used both the IRCC portal and webform. The portal is much better because I believe documents are directly added to your file with that method. The webform works too, but as you stated, it takes longer because it has to be sorted and added to your file manually. For example, in July I used webform and it took 2 weeks for them to actually add it to my file. In October I had to use it again, and it's been more than three weeks this time, without any word.

You are in great shape if you were able to submit using the portal as that is ideal and instant.
You make me feel better with your answer. Your knowledge greatly aids in making things simpler for me. Thanks

The phrase in that letter that states that the document must arrive at our office by November 5 gives me pause. I was wondering whether they would receive my document as soon as I submitted it through the portal or if it would arrive after that date; in that case, they would then decide based on the evidence they already have, which could result in rejecting my application.

However, because of your knowledge in this area, I was able to grasp how both a webform and a portal operate, which gives me optimism that my application would still be taken into consideration since I submitted the ADR on time.

Since you used the IRCC portal, could you kindly describe the signature procedure at IRCC portal? After uploading the requested document, there is a section to enter your signature (first and last name) before posting the document. Since they didn't specify, I want to know whether it has to be the applicant's name or the name of the sponsor. My spouse is my representative, and she has a GCKey account. We uploaded the CV and as it belonged to me, I wrote my name as an applicant in the signature section. Please let me know if we made a mistake or whether using the applicant's signature is acceptable regardless of who owns the GCkey account.

Reactions: KJH85

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
You make me feel better with your answer. Your knowledge greatly aids in making things simpler for me. Thanks

The phrase in that letter that states that the document must arrive at our office by November 5 gives me pause. I was wondering whether they would receive my document as soon as I submitted it through the portal or if it would arrive after that date; in that case, they would then decide based on the evidence they already have, which could result in rejecting my application.

However, because of your knowledge in this area, I was able to grasp how both a webform and a portal operate, which gives me optimism that my application would still be taken into consideration since I submitted the ADR on time.

Since you used the IRCC portal, could you kindly describe the signature procedure at IRCC portal? After uploading the requested document, there is a section to enter your signature (first and last name) before posting the document. Since they didn't specify, I want to know whether it has to be the applicant's name or the name of the sponsor. My spouse is my representative, and she has a GCKey account. We uploaded the CV and as it belonged to me, I wrote my name as an applicant in the signature section. Please let me know if we made a mistake or whether using the applicant's signature is acceptable regardless of who owns the GCkey account.
I apologize for taking so long to respond, I just saw this now. I believe you are the one who is supposed to sign as you are the principal applicant, so you did it correctly. No need to worry. Best of luck to you