+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent out the Application On Dec 12 /2012 , when I can expect the acknowledgement

iman773

Star Member
Sep 22, 2010
Hi all,

I can see my application on CIC website. It says that they have received the application on Dec. 10 and they sent the letter on Dec. 11. They have started processing on Feb. 18, 2013. However, I have not received AOR letter yet ! I have not received AOR but they have started processing, which looks a bit fast ! Is it normal?

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
Did not receive the AOR, even the Ecas show nothing. My USPS record shows that they receive my application on Dec 14. However, nothing show up. very frustrating.

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
Finally got the update in Ecas

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 12, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 27, 2013.

I kind of feel like it take less time from "received" to in "progress", does it mean we will recieve the citizenship earlier?

Ghazi

Mar 3, 2013
My application was sent in dec 2012 and still have not heard anything. Checked the status on line and there is nothing.

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
It seems that e-CAS status for citizenship grant applications is being updated every Friday.

Unlike before, the date in the AOR letter is same as the date application went into process. The sending date in e-CAS is simply wrong.

You should expect to receive the AOR letter and Discover Canada booklet 5 to 15 days from the time the application went into process.

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
I would suggest give call center a call. I give them a call. they told me the situation. and the ecas was updated later.
Ghazi said:
My application was sent in dec 2012 and still have not heard anything. Checked the status on line and there is nothing.

Ghazi

Mar 3, 2013
Just phoned the call centre because we still have not heard a thing since sending in the application. (dec 2012) The answer we got was they have received the application and have sent out the confirmation letter (we have not got it yet) the suggested I start studying the booklet.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenzhang said:
Finally got the update in Ecas

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 12, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 27, 2013.

I kind of feel like it take less time from "received" to in "progress", does it mean we will recieve the citizenship earlier?
I'm in the same boat. They received the application May 6 2013, and started processing on July 19 2013. Just wondering if the quick processing is a good thing... anyone with feedback?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenyadian said:
I'm in the same boat. They received the application May 6 2013, and started processing on July 19 2013. Just wondering if the quick processing is a good thing... anyone with feedback?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/april-2013-applications-t147883.0.html;msg2456012#msg2456012

Prior to 2013, people will see "Your application started to get processed on . . .. " message say 8 to 12 months later they received acknowledgement. Then in about 6 to 12 months they receive notification of giving the test, then the notification of oath kicks in. But now-a-days it starts to show up as though they are processing our applications right then the day they received it. Which in my opinion is not necessarily true. But surely it is not wiping off the 6-8 months waiting time in the previous process as highlighted in red above. So the processing time is till taking the same amount of time if not more time.

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
Hi Guys! Here is the latest about my application.

I took the exam, and I passed. I interviewed and informed that I will wait for 2 to 3 months for the schedule of my oath.

Below is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 14, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.