+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent my passport to incorrect cpc

Ximena47

Jan 30, 2023
Hi guys, I did the same mistake... I sent my passport to pox 8780, instead of 9740.
How do you know your passport was delivered? I ask because I sent my passport on Jan 1, it was supposed to be delivered on Jan 3; but until now the webpage of Canada post just says "delayed item".
It is almost a month and I don't have any updates and I'm very worried.

Vickey0330

Jan 21, 2023
Hi guys, I did the same mistake... I sent my passport to pox 8780, instead of 9740.
How do you know your passport was delivered? I ask because I sent my passport on Jan 1, it was supposed to be delivered on Jan 3; but until now the webpage of Canada post just says "delayed item".
It is almost a month and I don't have any updates and I'm very worried.
Try to connect with Canada post support team and raise a query.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Earlier this month, my wife got her TRV approved, and when I went to Canada Post to mail it, I quickly google the address on my phone and wrote it down in the envelope. It was mailed on a Saturday and it was delivered the next Tuesday.

A week later I found out that I sent her passport to the wrong address. I sent it to

Temporary Resident Visa Section
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
P.O. Box 8780 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5A9

which apparently is the address to submit TRV applications by mail, not for approved TRVs. We were about to book some flights for the third week of March, but now I don't know what delays will this cause. I was guessing that they will just send it back without stamping and I would have to mail it to the correct address, but I don't know how long is this going to take.

Any advice on what should I do?
Quick update, the passport was delivered on Jan 17 to the wrong address, and the counterfoil was just generated today (Mar 31).

Vickey0330

Jan 21, 2023
For anyone who came here after sending passport to alternate cpc address. Dont worry as your passport will be stamped and delivered to you.

Below is my case:
Delivered to alternate CPC address on 11jan 2023
Got counterfoil update on 31 January.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrews17

id12369

Feb 9, 2023
Great. Mine also updated for counterfoil. Good luck.
Hi Vickey, how's everything going? I did same thing and it has been received. I'm wordering have you get your passport back yet? It seems have delay on mailing back process because the website says it takes up to 14 calendar days to complete the stamping but I receive no message.
I'm appreciate if you can give me any info.

gauravpathak

Feb 15, 2023
Hi Vickey, how's everything going? I did same thing and it has been received. I'm wordering have you get your passport back yet? It seems have delay on mailing back process because the website says it takes up to 14 calendar days to complete the stamping but I receive no message.
I have also send my passport to the alternative address and called to the CIC customer support, they suggested to wait for 1 more week and call back again if the counterfoil did not get generated.

Timeline:
27 Jan- Submission Request on Portal
02 Feb - Passport delivered to pox 8780

15 Feb - CIC customer support to wait 1 more week.

Will keep everyone posted about my application.

gauravpathak

Feb 15, 2023
I have also send my passport to the alternative address and called to the CIC customer support, they suggested to wait for 1 more week and call back again if the counterfoil did not get generated.

Timeline:

Counterfoil generated on 22nd Feb. (Waiting for the passport to get dispatched)

Timeline:
22 Feb - Counterfoil Generated.

gauravpathak

Feb 15, 2023
Counterfoil generated on 22nd Feb. (Waiting for the passport to get dispatched)

Timeline:
Timeline:
27 Feb - Received Passport by Canada Post.

Overall need not to worry if you send your passport by mistake to other CPC address, it will get stamped.

oberoidaman

Dec 8, 2023
Timeline:
27 Feb - Received Passport by Canada Post.

Overall need not to worry if you send your passport by mistake to other CPC address, it will get stamped.
Hey gaurav I did the same mistake can you please suggest me wht to do I am worried

oberoidaman

Dec 8, 2023
Hey have you recieved your passport? Actually i also did the same mistake … can you please help me

gauravpathak

Feb 15, 2023
Hey gaurav I did the same mistake can you please suggest me wht to do I am worried

You can give a call to CIC customer service and explain the situation, usually it’s not an issue even if you send it to the wrong pobox, like I did it.

Wait for 1-2 week, and then give a call.

oberoidaman

Dec 8, 2023

Timeline:

Hi I jst want to ask I sent it on 29 november and it is recieved on 30 november… like in how many days did you received your passport after stamping when you sent it to wrong PO BOX number… can you please tell