I'm kinda freaking out coz i sent my passport to the CPC address:
CPC – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

instead of the:

CPP - Ottawa (e-application)
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I know technically its the same address (well also the same P.O box) but what if my envelop with the passport gets sent to the office that goes through visa applications (paper applications) when actually my visa application (done online) was already approved and they just asked me to send it to get the stamp. I am also worried coz i have a trip coming up soon and I' wondering weather or not once they open the envelope are they gonna send it to the office that gives the stamps or not. Also since I sent it to the office that goes over visa applications, will it take them a lot of time to just open the envelope?
By the way i sent it from canada.
Is this a big deal or are they gonna realize that it was meant to be sent to the CPP when the CPC opens the envelop?

Last edited:
Reactions: mirzanadeem

Samia30

Nov 30, 2017
Hey! Same kind of situation happened with me. How did you figure it out. I will a great help if you could let me know what happened next and what steps did you take? Thank you

youna

Aug 9, 2017
Hey, so it actually did not take more time to get processed, i received it not long after i sent it and i was able to catch my flight, coz its the same building so i assume when they open the mail and see that there is a passport with the confirmation letter from immigration that your application has been approved they know to send it to the office where they stamp it. I was really worried because they don't really have a number they only have an email address and they reply literally 5 years later. But thankfully everything went well, it ended up not being that big of a deal.
Hope you get yours soon!! Good luck!

Samia30

Nov 30, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I have trying to contact them but not being able to. Actually my flight is on the 11th. I hope I get it before that. How much time did it take? Did you contact them? Hoping to get it by this week. Applied so many times but never did this kind of misktake. Very worried. Just sent it yesterday.

jennymev

Dec 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I have trying to contact them but not being able to. Actually my flight is on the 11th. I hope I get it before that. How much time did it take? Did you contact them? Hoping to get it by this week. Applied so many times but never did this kind of misktake. Very worried. Just sent it yesterday.
Hi! How long did it take to get your passport back?

Sukh2

Dec 2, 2017
I did a kind of same stuff
Sent my passport to CPC ottawa instead of cpp ottawa
I contact them through email
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Try this email will might help you
They actually reply and asked me for my tracking no
And when my passport was deliver they gave me confirmation email for the reciving of passport

But i am still waiting for return

Samia30

Nov 30, 2017
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
And when my passport was deliver they gave me confirmation email for the reciving of passport

Yes, I followed all these steps. Received my passport today

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hey! Same kind of situation happened with me. How did you figure it out. I will a great help if you could let me know what happened next and what steps did you take? Thank you
HEY , By mistake i have sent my PASSPORT SENT TO P O BOX 8780 STN T CSC ,OTTAWA instead of P o box 9640.
I am really worried now

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

CPC – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

instead of the:

P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2
HEY , By mistake i have sent my PASSPORT SENT TO P O BOX 8780 STN T CSC ,OTTAWA instead of P o box 9640.
I am really worried now

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Hey , i did the same thing.
after how long u recieved ur passport?and was it stamped?

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
CAN ANYONE PLease HELP....

I am an international student in canada and had applied for the renewal of my trv. had received a confirmation from IRCC to submit my passport for TRV (within canada/holding valid work permit).

On 8 NOV I had mailed my passport through Canada Post (XpressPost) to Case Proccessing Centre- Ottawa P.O Box 8780, STN-T-CSC. (KIG 5A9)

NEXT DAY I CAME TO KNOW THAT that it it haS to be sent to Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I am really worried on.my passport is already delivered on 12 nov.
whether thy ourself will stamp my passport or send it to appropriate section?

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

I am really worried now.
in how many days u gt ur passport back?

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

CPC – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

instead of the:

P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I know technically its the same address (well also the same P.O box) but what if my envelop with the passport gets sent to the office that goes through visa applications (paper applications) when actually my visa application (done online) was already approved and they just asked me to send it to get the stamp. I am also worried coz i have a trip coming up soon and I' wondering weather or not once they open the envelope are they gonna send it to the office that gives the stamps or not. Also since I sent it to the office that goes over visa applications, will it take them a lot of time to just open the envelope?
By the way i sent it from canada.
Is this a big deal or are they gonna realize that it was meant to be sent to the CPP when the CPC opens the envelop?
CAN ANYONE PLease HELP....

I am an international student in canada and had applied for the renewal of my trv. had received a confirmation from IRCC to submit my passport for TRV (within canada/holding valid work permit).

On 8 NOV I had mailed my passport through Canada Post (XpressPost) to Case Proccessing Centre- Ottawa P.O Box 8780, STN-T-CSC. (KIG 5A9)

NEXT DAY I CAME TO KNOW THAT that it it haS to be sent to Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I am really worried on.my passport is already delivered on 12 nov.
whether thy ourself will stamp my passport or send it to appropriate section?

Reactions: Garrry22