+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sent a webform last month and received a reply

notgoogle

Jul 13, 2020
Dubai
hi,
i sent a webform last month inquiring about whether or not they received my husbands application or not. i am the sponsor and hes the applicant applying outland.
i received an email from them wanting me to send them my name, dob and his name and dob, which is fine, but along with these they want me to provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, a Release of Information to an Individual (IMM 5475) form or a Power of Attorney in order to be authorized to receive the requested information.
i dont get why should i provide these? i am the sponsor and we did the application alone with no rep or consultant or lawyer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi,
i sent a webform last month inquiring about whether or not they received my husbands application or not. i am the sponsor and hes the applicant applying outland.
i received an email from them wanting me to send them my name, dob and his name and dob, which is fine, but along with these they want me to provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, a Release of Information to an Individual (IMM 5475) form or a Power of Attorney in order to be authorized to receive the requested information.
i dont get why should i provide these? i am the sponsor and we did the application alone with no rep or consultant or lawyer.
This is standard. Sponsors do not have automatic right to all data about their spouse. Privacy legislation.

notgoogle

Jul 13, 2020
Dubai
This is standard. Sponsors do not have automatic right to all data about their spouse. Privacy legislation.
thanks for the reply, so does this mean that only the applicant can access and inquire about the application without a these documents ((IMM 5476) ? and if i wanted to access i will have to provide Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form and a Release of Information to an Individual? just to make sure i understand lol

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Why filling spousal application. Sponsor can fill representative form.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thanks for the reply, so does this mean that only the applicant can access and inquire about the application without a these documents ((IMM 5476) ? and if i wanted to access i will have to provide Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form and a Release of Information to an Individual? just to make sure i understand lol
Yes, for you to have access, you submit these forms.