Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ sikanderkhan

1)Since you are 23 years old, you are too young for the immigration process and you should try student visa but forget about immigration as VO will create unnecessary doubts in your application.

TRUE

If you are more elder, you can show more years of working experience, spouse education (if married), higher education etc.
It is difficult to show 4 years working experience or Master degree at the age of 23.

But there is no age restriction in Immigration process, you can go further if you can get 67 points.

2)You have done B.com(2 years) and after B.com you have 2 years full time work experience as an Accountant but to file immigration case in the NOC-1111 you need to have CA,CGA etc to be eligible for the immigration.

FALSE

Even you can show Account Designation after Education related Arts, Music, Science or Business

3)You are accountant but not the head of your dept, a person should be head of the dept.

FALSE

There are 2 NOC related to Account field under 38 category.
NOC:0111 Financial Manager
NOC:1111 Accountant

You can claim experience under NOC:1111 Account. No need to have designation as a head.

4)Oh you have come so early. You need to have CA,CGA,ACCA etc and experience must be after qualifying these professional qualifications but not B.com. And second thing is that since you have qualified B.Com but pursuing ACCA ( I am ACCA finalist) so the experience will start counting after you qualify ACCA.

FALSE

Experience counting will start immediately after you pass 12th Standard.
You can show experience parallel with your BCom Degree.

5)It is required by CIC that you need to have 4 years experience as an Accountant.

FALSE

You can qualify if you have at least 1 year working experience under 38 category.

All above is my personal knowledge.

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
visaexpert said:
@ sikanderkhan

4)Oh you have come so early. You need to have CA,CGA,ACCA etc and experience must be after qualifying these professional qualifications but not B.com. And second thing is that since you have qualified B.Com but pursuing ACCA ( I am ACCA finalist) so the experience will start counting after you qualify ACCA.

FALSE

Experience counting will start immediately after you pass 12th Standard.
You can show experience parallel with your BCom Degree.

Dear Visa Expert
Thank you very much for your reply,it was the detailed reply to each individual reason.
One thing i want to discuss with you is that is it confirm that experience counting will start after passing 12th standard? because i started working as an assisstant accountant after passing 12th standard and in the mean while i enrolled myself in the B.com and after passing B.com, i had done some of the ACCA papers as well, then they promoted me as an accountant.
now is this gonna help?

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
Mpadhya said:
dear khan

i wish the difference between a book-keeper and an accountant is understood.....
yes the difference is understood very well
please ask this to your heart... whether you are doing substential part of the duties that are mentioned onto the NOC website ??? Do you think a two years of education enables you to do these duties competently ???

Its not just 2 years B.com, I am also ACCA finalist which is professional accountancy qualification and has MRA signed with CGA-Canada and according to that MRA ACCA member can become CGA member

I mean you need to be absolutely clear as what is the requirement of the CIC... as you said, age might not matter and agreed that you are meeting the points as well (have you already scored high profeciency in Eglish - 4 in each or expecting ???)
I have already appeared in the IELTS and my scores are Listening = 7.5,Writing = 6.5, Speaking = 7 and Reading =9. According to this score i believe i will get 16 points

You know what it sounds illogical to an officer that 2 years of education and 2 years of experience would make you a competent accountant to get a good job in canada
As i already mentioned about the qualification part that its not only 2 years B.com.Further more, the experience is not only of 2 years,rather i started working as an assistant accountant and worked for 2 years and then i was promoted to Accountant.However,while working as an assistant accountant i was also pursuing B.com as a regular student enrollment
Think... Act.

Best Wishes

Best wishes to you too and now waiting for your reply
Thanks

steve81

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......