+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors pls help: what's after medicals... Damascus Office

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

Happy New Year everyone, may this year bring all the good blessings for all of you!

I have received the medical tests on 12th of November, and did the tests on 24th of November. I also sent them police certificates on the same dates. To let u know, I submitted as QSW in Dec07, got CSQ in OCT08, submitted PR application on DEC08 and got meds 14th NOV09 as mentioned above. I would like to know what's the next step? And how much time should I expect (interval) ? I have submitted my application to Damascus Embassy.

Hope to hear from you... :)

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You have done the medical. Now be patient and wait for the passport request. The DMP might have forwarded your medical by last week of november. Give reasonable time for your visa office. Good luck!!.

tonyelbatal said:
Bump... hope to hear from you all :)

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks wilson for your reply :)

I wanted to know usually the approximation dates after medicals based on different cases, if possible :)

Regarding patience, well I've been patient for 2 years and 2 month already so to wait for 1-3 additional month won't be a problem.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tony,

I hope you may receive PPR this month because they have got your medical a month before. Good luck!!
tonyelbatal said:
Thanks wilson for your reply :)

I wanted to know usually the approximation dates after medicals based on different cases, if possible :)

Regarding patience, well I've been patient for 2 years and 2 month already so to wait for 1-3 additional month won't be a problem.

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tony,
It's interesting because my case is similar to you.

QSW acceptance: Oct2008 in Damascus
Fedral process started 21 Jan2009 in Damascus
Visit medical form received: Nov 2009
Visit Medical done: 27 of November 2009
Waiting for Passport request

I hope that you will update your info as soon as you will receive passport request. It will encourage me :)

One question: Did your e-case change in the website? For me it's mentioning: "Under process since 21th Jan2009" nothing about "recevied medical form" or "visit medical done" ...

Cyrus

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Cyrus,

Good to hear from you. Yes our cases are very similar! I will surely update my info once I get any updates, I hope you do too (we can both reply to this post since I get notifications by email) that way we can estimate each other Passport request...and VISA hopefully! It will encourage me too :)

All the best!

P.S. Also if you can update me on the eCas status that way we can know when it changes. Currently is stills IN PROCESS as usual.

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again :)

Nothing in the e-case for now :( still in process since 2nd of December 2008... I can't wait for it to change. They should put "DECISION MADE" when they get the medical tests. I hope they won't take long time before that...

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
It is interesting that I thought "MEDICALS RECEIVED" should be associated with decision made. However, my Ecas "Medicals received" is under in process still.

Not sure,

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello huanhuan19,

Do you mean when you press on "IN PROCESS", you get the "MEDICAL RECEIVED" notice? (I currently get: Your application is under process since ... 2008) can you please confirm?

Mike_MRK

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Cairo, Egypt.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yea I think Tony that what he meant, that under the In-Process he found the Medicals Received Update, it is like the Sub-Tree inside the In-Process..

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Mike for your reply. Well hope our status updates as well. So decision made status is after the get the meds. How long usually passports are requested after the medical tests? Precisely with Damascus office. Did u find anything about it in your research? Thanks!

Mike_MRK

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Cairo, Egypt.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, tried to search about it but couldn't find any, and from what I see that every Visa office has its own Quota and Processing times, even in minor things like PPR and etc.., but mainly couldn't find anything Related to the Cairo, Egypt CHC nor the Damas., Syria CHC..

Found some people that took them one month for PPR after medicals sent and Visa sent in 5~10 days, other stayed up to 3 months.. nothing for certain and no one really knows when or what.. :), but keep your fingers crossed, we passed some good time and I guess we won't wait that long anymore ;)

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're right man, we waited for so long now, and thank God the wait is over :) whether it's 1 month or 3, guess that won't make a big difference anymore specially that we waited for so long (2 years for me) so let's enjoy the last period in our home country for now, and prepare ourselves mentally for the big move! :D