+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors pls help - CHC London letter v CIC Website

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
Hi

I submitted my application under FSW to the CHC London in June 2008 (simplified process), and on 22 Dec, received a letter from CHC London requesting more information. (My occupation is one of the 38)

However, after reading through the letter, the requirement documents are slightly different from the CIC Webiste.

For example, for Work Experience

CHC London Letter

Submit employment letters, contract, pay-slips and job descriptions endorsed by your employer's personnel department covering the priod 10 years prior to your application date until today.

CIC Website (visa office specific forms for London)

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you, the principal applicant:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation
• original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers.
Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company's full
address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company's official
seal.
Letters must include all of the following information:
• the specific period of your employment with the company
• the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent
in each position
• your main responsibilities in each position
• your total annual salary plus benefits
• the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the
company
• a business card of the person signing
If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a
written explanation.

The CIC website requirments are much more specific. It lays down very specific requirment for the content of the employer reference, whereas CHC London only request a general employment reference. CIC requires the letter to have an official company stamp (in the UK where I am from, company reference letters are normally signed and are very rarely stamped), and CHC London doesn't specify that. The contract is required to be notarised by CIC, but CHC London only seems to require a photocopy.

Also, for Educational qualifications

CHC London Letter

Submit copies of educational credentials and marks sheets/transcript for you and your spouse.

CIC Website (visa office specific forms for London)

EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• Post-secondary education documents: vocational or technical certificates or
diplomas;
• College or university documents: certification of completion and the
graduation degree, diploma, or certificate issued by the college or university and
the evaluation committee;
• Transcripts: original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in universitysealed
envelopes.
• Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualifications
certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g., Engineer, Computer
Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)

The main difference is that CIC website requires the transcripts be in a sealed envelope, but CHC letter does not specify so.

I am quite confused on what do to. I know you have to prepare the documents very carefully, otherwise the application may be refused, but which instruction should I follow? CIC Website or the CHC London letter?

Many thanks for any advice!

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
I agree to rupeshhari
Please note that the Letter from the London Visa Office states that: "At this office, applications are often refused because applicants fail to provide sufficient information to establish their eligibility. You are therefore requested to provide a complete, detailed, and accurate description of your duties. A personal interview is not required in order to assess your application, nor will we convoke you to interview in order to collect additional information for the purpose of assessing whether you meet the criteria established for Skilled Workers. The onus is on you to provide sufficient documentary evidence to demonstrate that you meet the requirements".