+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seniors please help, I got refusal :(

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends, I got refusal today from Canadian Embassy Manila for the reason that I'm not well established in country of residence and I have not shown proof of assets. I am an Indian living in the Philippines for almost 23yrs but in between I also went to India to study there and completed tertiary education here in a university in the Philippines. I want your help regarding my case, if I should re apply from India?? Please comment.
Thanks very much.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
This is just my personal opinion -- they don't care about your nationality, or whether you go to school in India or the Philippines, they look at things like relatives, property owned, life-course, etc. Do you have any of those? If you don't, going back to India likely won't make a difference, particularly if you have been gone for most of your life.

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
This is just my personal opinion -- they don't care about your nationality, or whether you go to school in India or the Philippines, they look at things like relatives, property owned, life-course, etc. Do you have any of those? If you don't, going back to India likely won't make a difference, particularly if you have been gone for most of your life.
Yeah, my parents and relatives are here and we are permanent resident here but our property is in India,

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SP -17-04-2013 PR-10-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
what course did you apply for in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
luckygurl said:
Yeah, my parents and relatives are here and we are permanent resident here but our property is in India,
But do YOU have any property? If the property is in your parents' name, that won't be of any help.

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
But do YOU have any property? If the property is in your parents' name, that won't be of any help.
No, I don't have. Property is in my parents' name. But if I wanted to re apply, then when can I apply? I applied for Sep intake. And do you think I should re aaply from my country of citizenship?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Sorry to hear about the refusal, but it's not the end. Could you share your complete profile? all your education with percentage, IELTS score, any gaps, work experience, name of the college you got LOA from?

As you said you have been living in Philippines for almost 23 years now, you must have got citizenship of Philippines, ryt? and Country of origin does make lot of difference. Europeans, Australians and majority of western countries don't face challenges as people from Asia do. Anyway if you could answer the questions mentioned above, I can try to help you out.

Cheers!