+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENIORS PLEASE HELP !! DEPENDENT CHILD APPLICATION

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
HELP NEEDED
Today I've received email by LVO regarding the application processing of my dependent child.
What should i do in this situation have received this email today. My son is still a full time student and is financially supported by me. If I send the proof of him being a student does it approve his application?
Any member faced the same situation ? Please help me out

Dear Mr. Khan,
I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that your child listed below does not meet the definition of a dependent, and thus, does not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Pursuant to section 2 of the regulations, a dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who:

(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namely,

• (i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent, or

• (ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

(b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namely,

• (i) is less than 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or

• (ii) is 19 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 19 and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

Based on the evidence submitted I am not satisfied that Ali Haider Yazdani meets the above definition because he was 23 at lock in date and hence does not meet the above pursuant to section 2(b).

Before a final decision regarding the eligibility of your above child as a dependant is made, you are being given thirty (30) days to provide additional documentation. Any information you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is met.

Should you choose not to respond with additional information your above-named dependant will be removed from the application and processing will continue to the next processing stage.

Sincerely,

IRCC - London

Last edited:

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Unfortunately, your child is not a dependent. He was 23 when your application was received. Even if you send documents from school, he is still over age.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Your son would only be considered a dependent if he has some form of physical and/or mental condition that prevents him from supporting himself. Simply being a student and being financially dependent on you is not enough.

Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• They have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • They are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
Your son would only be considered a dependent if he has some form of physical and/or mental condition that prevents him from supporting himself. Simply being a student and being financially dependent on you is not enough.

Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• They have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • They are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
So what should I do in this situation LVO gave me 30 days to provide additional information for final decision?
Is there any option available because my son has Anxiety disorder form 2011 and since then he's in medication I can also provide medical records from that illness. So does it make him dependent?

Jul 31, 2019
So what should I do in this situation LVO gave me 30 days to provide additional information for final decision?
Is there any option available because my son has Anxiety disorder form 2011 and since then he's in medication I can also provide medical records from that illness. So does it make him dependent?

I think its sad when you see people playing with system... his son is studding in UK as full time student and now he is mentally sick... for sure if you provide false claims the officer may consider looking after your enter application. for your self included.

You just wrote full time student and you are paying for him in London.

Reactions: Buletruck

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Decision is yours to make and to be honest you have nothing really to lose but the fact that your son is in full time education sort of implies whether has anxiety issue or not that any medication provided by the UK NHS is enabling him to manage his anxiety issues to attend college and eventually graduate and find a job to support himself.

As said all anyone here can do is speculate on an outcome, it is your decision to submit a case and hope for the best given if you do not do so you will always be thinking what if . Remember this is just a public forum and there are no professional immigration professionals here.

Good luck

Reactions: Maverick _Khan

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
I think its sad when you see people playing with system... his son is studding in UK as full time student and now he is mentally sick... for sure if you provide false claims the officer may consider looking after your enter application. for your self included.

You just wrote full time student and you are paying for him in London.
No one is playing with the system here any false or forge claim can be caught by LVO there are not bunch of amateur people but professional people they deal with such cases day-in day-out it's there bread and butter so if I'm playing with system there's a very thin line for me.

Firstly who said my son is in UK he is full time student in Pakistan. His graduation is delayed because of his anxiety disorder also he has condition which I can proof in any court of law with genuine medical records. I have stated that in my application but didn't mention specific illness.

Secondly, I'm a conventional refugee In Canada from past 3 and a half years you don't even know how the time has been passed without my family especially kids. Living without your family is not a child's play or joke I know what I'm been and going through right now. So if you can't advise or guide me in this thread so please don't be judgemental in your comments. This forum helps me alot in my case also members are very helpful at least of you don't have any information regarding my situation please don't comment on it or especially pass a judgmental remarks. Thanks

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
Decision is yours to make and to be honest you have nothing really to lose but the fact that your son is in full time education sort of implies whether has anxiety issue or not that any medication provided by the UK NHS is enabling him to manage his anxiety issues to attend college and eventually graduate and find a job to support himself.

As said all anyone here can do is speculate on an outcome, it is your decision to submit a case and hope for the best given if you do not do so you will always be thinking what if . Remember this is just a public forum and there are no professional immigration professionals here.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply,
Yes your are right I've got nothing to lose and provide every bit of information that can be helpful in this regard rest is on the IRCC.Also I will go through every legal option that is available for me to re-unite with my family.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for the reply,
Yes your are right I've got nothing to lose and provide every bit of information that can be helpful in this regard rest is on the IRCC.Also I will go through every legal option that is available for me to re-unite with my family.
You should also plan for the eventuality that your appeal will fail and that he will not be granted status as your dependent. He may be able to apply for PR under Express Entry in a few years if he works and can qualify.

Reactions: jddd and Buletruck