+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENIORS PLEASE ADVISE, HAVING SISTER (U.S CITIZEN) IN USA, PROVINCE NOMINATION.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hello

I have recently applied for NS under province nomination - Express entry, without job offer.

In the settlement plan, i did mention that my sister is USA CITIZEN and she can help me in integrating with NOVA SCOTIA since she is familiar with American continent.

I have seen similar mails from NS in 2015 wherein a intent to refuse has been provided to candidates who mentioned their relatives in another part of Canada or in a different province.

Please provide your opinion with this regard. Usually will it hamper my prospectus of getting State nomination, the assessment officer thinking i may move there (USA) with help of my sister?

Please advise.

NOTE
------
I also mentioned I wanted my parents to be with me in NS.
I declared an assets of 40k canadian dollar in the funds for a single applicant.
when just 11k is sufficient. To provide my i am financial independent.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
tan_sur69 said:
Hello

I have recently applied for NS under province nomination - Express entry, without job offer.

In the settlement plan, i did mention that my sister is USA CITIZEN and she can help me in integrating with NOVA SCOTIA since she is familiar with American continent.

I have seen similar mails from NS in 2015 wherein a intent to refuse has been provided to candidates who mentioned their relatives in another part of Canada or in a different province.

Please provide your opinion with this regard. Usually will it hamper my prospectus of getting State nomination, the assessment officer thinking i may move there (USA) with help of my sister?

Please advise.

NOTE
------
I also mentioned I wanted my parents to be with me in NS.
I declared an assets of 40k canadian dollar in the funds for a single applicant.
when just 11k is sufficient. To provide my i am financial independent.
If your sister doesn't live in Canada, you should not have referenced her, as it's completely irrelevant. On the same basis, it's unlikely that NS would think that you would immediately leave the province to be close to her if she lives in the USA.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for the prompt reply, hope they would not refuse my application..

I thought not to mention but one can never say... when ignorance steps in.... common sense steps out... :mad: