Med's Done....
08-Jul-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-Jul-2012
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2012
For one year diploma course will the student visa be issued ? What is the success rate for this ? What are ur opinions...pls.....?

I am planning to apply for a one year PG diploma course related to computers ?
If the success rate for issuing a student visa for one year diploma course is less, what is the best option...

What courses i need to choose.. my intention is to go to canada with a student visa, study for one year and then get work for 2 years and PR later

Xth 70%-1998
XIIth 80%-2000
BSc Electronics - 82%-2003
MCA - 60% - 2008

Pls help...

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alanraja said:
For one year diploma course will the student visa be issued ? What is the success rate for this ? What are ur opinions...pls.....?

If the success rate for issuing a student visa for one year diploma course is less, what is the best option...

What courses i need to choose.. my intention is to go to canada with a student visa, study for one year and then get work for 2 years and PR later

Xth 70%-1998
XIIth 80%-2000
MCA - 60% - 2008

Pls help...
U have a very good academic record. There are plenty of students who have got visa for 1 years course. Infact the majority of students go for 1 year course. As per my experience visa shouldnt be an issue as long as everything esle is in place. And with one year course u dont get 2 years post study work permit, u will only get 1 year post study work permit. Regarding your course, there are so many colleges to choose from. Its upto u, which province u want to live in and accordingly u can opt for a course.

Its all my personal opinion though.

tiger007

Champion Member
Alanraja said:

Xth 70%-1998
XIIth 80%-2000
MCA - 60% - 2008

Pls help...
Hi,

Your profile is good. If you score enough in IELTS required for admission to PG cert. courses (usually 6.5 overall, with 6 in all bands), and provide evidence of strong financial support, then it should not be an issue for you to get a visa.. whether be it 1 or 2 years course.

You need to choose a course related to your field of study... i.e Computers/IT & Electronics. It would be better if you could go for a Master's level course in any publicly recognized university.

After studying 1 year, you will receive.... ONLY 1 YEAR POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT (PGWP) and not 2 years.

You need to visit the individual websites of recognized colleges/Universities and search for appropriate courses as per your requirements. Check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Best of Luck.

Alanraja

May 10, 2012
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
IELTS Request
(Overall 7.0) L 7.0, R 7.5, W 6.5, S 7.0
Med's Done....
08-Jul-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-Jul-2012
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2012
As far i searched, Diploma courses and Post graduate courses are generally two year courses.
I need only One year courses, those one year courses are certificates courses. Can i take certificate courses, will i be given visa ?

Pls help me i am confused..

tiger007 said:
Hi,

Your profile is good. If you score enough in IELTS required for admission to PG cert. courses (usually 6.5 overall, with 6 in all bands), and provide evidence of strong financial support, then it should not be an issue for you to get a visa.. whether be it 1 or 2 years course.

You need to choose a course related to your field of study... i.e Computers/IT & Electronics. It would be better if you could go for a Master's level course in any publicly recognized university.

After studying 1 year, you will receive.... ONLY 1 YEAR POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT (PGWP) and not 2 years.

You need to visit the individual websites of recognized colleges/Universities and search for appropriate courses as per your requirements. Check:

Best of Luck.