+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENIORS & all! storage house on US-Canada border? accessible from both countries

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
I there a storage house on US-Canada border where I can put my stuff as a US resident ... but later pick it up as a Canadian resident without the need for US-visa?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

danhass said:
I there a storage house on US-Canada border where I can put my stuff as a US resident ... but later pick it up as a Canadian resident without the need for US-visa?
Not a chance. If there was, it would be greatest smuggling venue ever invented.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danhass said:
You can dream :)

Of course you could put it in storage in the USA, as a US citizen, wait patiently in Canada until you get you Canadian citizenship and then go collect it.

Or get a visa...

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
well i didn't mean "without going through customs"

lemme put it another way:

is there a storage company that can keep my stuff in US for 6 or 8 months, but after that, send the contents across the border to Canada as a shipment, instead of me having to go to US (for which I'll have to get a visa first) ... ?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danhass said:
well i didn't mean "without going through customs"

lemme put it another way:

is there a storage company that can keep my stuff in US for 6 or 8 months, but after that, send the contents across the border to Canada as a shipment, instead of me having to go to US (for which I'll have to get a visa first) ... ?
Shipping companies do this all the time.

You contract them to do the whole job (storage and shipping at a later date), it is quite expensive.

Call a shipping company.