Seniors Advice Needed.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear every one ,
I have obtained work permit through arranged job from Sk canada.
Now My Question is can i enter in any other provience rather than SK ?
Also if i enter in another provience will the CBSA call the employer ?
Cus in the WP it dosent specify aany region & details about the employer.
Since the present employer doesent want me to start now.Only next year Mostly another 7 to 8 mnts.
SO that i can enter another city & start to work. cus i have already resigned from the present job.
Or there is any other way i can enter with this work permit ?
Thanks In advance.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
ajay93 said:
Dear every one ,
I have obtained work permit through arranged job from Sk canada.

Now My Question is can i enter in any other provience rather than SK ? - You can chose any POE (Port of Entry) to enter Canada.

Also if i enter in another provience will the CBSA call the employer ? - The immigration office at POE may call your employer if he finds anything suspicious or needs to confirm any details. It would put you on a sticky wicket if immigration finds out that the job offer is no longer there or the employer has deferred your employment.

Cus in the WP it dosent specify aany region & details about the employer. -The work permit is issued at the POE (Port of Entry) and it would have all the conditions imposed on it. The work permit is closed and attached to your employer and the location.

Since the present employer doesent want me to start now.Only next year Mostly another 7 to 8 mnts - This is your call. You can either wait for your employer to call you or you may start looking for another employer willing to process the LMO for you. Only saving grace is since your TRV is valid for another year you can get a WP for the new employer at the POE without applying at the Canadian embassy in your country of residence.

SO that i can enter another city & start to work. cus i have already resigned from the present job- You cannot work legally until you have a valid work permit and with the current processing times starting from LMO to work permit you are looking at anything between 4-5 months. Your first hurdle is entering the country and then finding an employer and surviving on the money you would be bringing with you (unless of course you start working illegally) for the next 4-5 months.

Or there is any other way i can enter with this work permit - Only if your employer agrees to support your entry.....

Thanks In advance.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Astasi ,
thankyou very much for responding to my queries. for sure this will help me to take futher steps.
Best of luck .God bless.