+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Senior please give me your best advise.

Fatima1989

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Currently I am living Calgary.
Applied my citizenship may 13 2019.

My husband got new job in Saskatoon and he will start from July 1 2019.
So I have to move with him from Calgary to Saskatoon on July 1 2019.

I haven't received my AOR yet.

So I am confused what should I do ?

Please advised me what should I do now.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
If you gave an email likely AOR will be via email, but is not guaranteed. Ensure you get Canada Post to redirect your mail! It’s not that expensive even for a year (compared to some countries).

Takes them a few days to setup if memory serves. If you won’t have a permanent address direct for three months (at first) to a trusted friend or relative.

Fatima1989

Star Member
May 23, 2019
If you gave an email likely AOR will be via email, but is not guaranteed. Ensure you get Canada Post to redirect your mail! It’s not that expensive even for a year (compared to some countries).

Takes them a few days to setup if memory serves. If you won’t have a permanent address direct for three months (at first) to a trusted friend or relative.

Sorry I don’t understand
Should I change my address or keep it

If I want to change what is the best way I can . By email IRCC or write a letter .

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Most probably you will get ur AOR around the time you will be moving. So if you know address you moving to write email next month to update them of ur moving to different province so that they do not send ur file to calgary office as that will be hassle for u to travel for test and oath or even getting transfer it from Calgary to saskatoon. So better they send it straight to saskatoon.

Also follow up with call centre after a week or so of sending email to ensure they got ur address update

Fatima1989

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Most probably you will get ur AOR around the time you will be moving. So if you know address you moving to write email next month to update them of ur moving to different province so that they do not send ur file to calgary office as that will be hassle for u to travel for test and oath or even getting transfer it from Calgary to saskatoon. So better they send it straight to saskatoon.

Also follow up with call centre after a week or so of sending email to ensure they got ur address update

Without AOR can I change my address

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Without AOR can I change my address
No because right now you will not be in their system so they will not be able to attach your address to ur file. But send them an email with details when you applied and tracking number of package and UCI etc. Mid june and tell them u r moving so consider new address before transferring file

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Sorry I don’t understand
Should I change my address or keep it

If I want to change what is the best way I can . By email IRCC or write a letter .
Whenever you move you should tell Canada Post to redirect your mail. It costs a little.

I’d do this and then as soon as you get AOR change it online. You may get AOR
via email if you have email with your application.

Fatima1989

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Whenever you move you should tell Canada Post to redirect your mail. It costs a little.

Do you guys think if I change address it may will cause delay my application to finalize

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Do you guys think if I change address it may will cause delay my application to finalize
Well, it will take some time to go from one IRCC office to the other. How much is anyone's guess.
That being said, you shouldn't care about this or that step taking this number of days, but about the length of the overall process.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Possibly but there are a ton of things that CIC claims make your application non routine and might delay it. That includes things beyond your control like if they request fingerprints.

Hopefully it’ll move to a faster office and the impact will be minimal.

I would personally just wait until you get APR. Trying to do it via another route like contacting a group that can takes 2+ months to confirm they got your package? That may just delay things more, follow the official process and use the online form once you get access.

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019

If for any reason the application is returned, it is considered to be a parcel and Canada Post does not forward parcels.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step6

"Note: Canada Post’s Mail Forwarding Service does not forward parcels and a citizenship application package is considered a parcel. If we need to return your application package to you because it is incomplete, the package will be returned to us instead of being forwarded to the address you have indicated with Canada Post. If your application package is returned to us by Canada Post, it will not be processed."

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
To my understanding address change during the processing time means:

1. Non routine application
2. RQ requested

So get ready for that .

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Its perfectly fine to request an address change and I know many people who did it and it didn't lead to an RQ or their application becoming non routine, while each case is obviously different. You can expect a delay if the address change requires a change in office that's processing your application(s).

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
If for any reason the application is returned, it is considered to be a parcel and Canada Post does not forward parcels.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step6

"Note: Canada Post’s Mail Forwarding Service does not forward parcels and a citizenship application package is considered a parcel. If we need to return your application package to you because it is incomplete, the package will be returned to us instead of being forwarded to the address you have indicated with Canada Post. If your application package is returned to us by Canada Post, it will not be processed."
I was not aware of that. I guess question becomes when did OP submit application and whom will be living in their current residence afterwards. I was in an Airbnb a few years ago and my driving license went there, and the guy I was renting off let me collect it.

And of course, did the OP include an email; as some people get AOR or IP via email only - including myself. CIC has not sent anything via Canada Post yet.

Many people get AOR in 50-60 days. Jan/Feb AOR avg was 55 days, March was 60. And July 1st is still 4 weeks away.

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
The issue here is if for any reason your application is sent back, if you can maintain that address until you receive the AOR that would be the best thing to do, if your application is complete and you provided an email address then communication with you will through email most likely.

If you can't maintain the address until the AOR, then I recommend you call the call centre and submit a case specific enquiry through the IRCC webform. Use your UCI number on your PR card(s) to identify your application(s) and explain the change of address.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp