+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Senior need urgent HELP.......COPD & Canadian Immigration.....

amerian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
14-04-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application 7.0 Bands
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Request
16-06-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
PPR1 (17-07-2014) PPR2 (11-08-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014 (Recieved on 23-08-2014)
LANDED..........
Very soon
URGENT....... SENIOR ......... PLEASE HELP........

my cousin case is in the final stage and MEDICAL has been called but he is diagnosed as COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) due to excessive smoking, now he is too tensed what to do? and what if he discloses this to MO or this will found after Medical?
Are COPD patient inadmissible to Canada?

Please reply urgent as he has limited time to undergo medical...........

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumitk12345 said:
File will reject now...
Not necessarily true. What is your basis for saying so?

Amerian, first of all your cousin should stop smoking. It won't help him with immigration but it will help him to stay alive. Now, to immigration.

Your cousin's condition will be found by the medical exam and your cousin has a duty to disclose it to the examiner. Withholding information like this is an automatic rejection and ban from Canada for minimum 2 years.

The reviewer will then determine whether your cousin's condition is likely to cause an excessive burden on Canada's health resources. Basically this means whether the cost to treat it is expected to exceed a certain amount. This will depend in part on what the medical check finds, and also any information from your cousin's doctor that diagnosed the condition.

If the reviewer believes your cousin's condition will be an excessive burden on Canada's health resources, he will receive what is called a fairness letter. This is a letter informing him of the reviewer's belief and giving your cousin a deadline to respond. If your cousin receives a fairness letter and does not respond, the visa will be rejected, so he will need to respond. I am not expert but based on my understanding of COPD, I suspect your cousin will receive a fairness letter.

There are many ways to respond to a fairness letter, but most of them involve offering proof that the condition will not exceed the cost threshold. There are many threads on this forum dealing with how to answer fairness letters. I suggest you and your cousin read them carefully in advance in case he gets a fairness letter. I also suggest you hire an attorney to help you craft the best possible response. You can send me a private message if you want some guidance here.

After you respond to a fairness letter, the reviewer will consider your response and the overall case and make a decision. If your cousin is still rejected, it is possible to appeal. If you don't already have an attorney by this point, you will certainly need one for an effective appeal. There are many threads on this forum about appeals that will help you get started, but every case is unique.

Good luck.