+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Senior members pls help

Newb

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

Landed as PR in March 2015 and this march 2018 am eligible to apply citizenship,please help with below questions:-

1. when i enter my dates in physical presence calculator,my eligibity period showing 5 years before which March 2013...So i need to enter dates from march 2013?

2. In citizenship application, how about my employment history and period of stay(Residence address) do i need to provide past 5 years or only the day i landed as PR which is march 2015?

3. Do i need too check as Yes for question 9C if so, then i need to fill another form CITI007 as well?

Thanks in advance

properRR

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
I'm not senior, I think yes, yes, no(or yes and fill N/A everywhere on the form). Let's see what seniors reply

Newb

Oct 5, 2017
I'm not senior, I think yes, yes, no(or yes and fill N/A everywhere on the form). Let's see what seniors reply
If I need to enter 5 years travel history which is march 2013 then what I need to write for the day you left canada....as I landed PR only on March 2015

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi,

Landed as PR in March 2015 and this march 2018 am eligible to apply citizenship,please help with below questions:-

1. when i enter my dates in physical presence calculator,my eligibity period showing 5 years before which March 2013...So i need to enter dates from march 2013?

2. In citizenship application, how about my employment history and period of stay(Residence address) do i need to provide past 5 years or only the day i landed as PR which is march 2015?

3. Do i need too check as Yes for question 9C if so, then i need to fill another form CITI007 as well?

Thanks in advance
If you're going to start a new thread it's nicer to people if you give it a useful title, so people know what the topic of the thread will be.

Some of the topics you're asking about have recently been answered, so searching the forum with keywords ("physical presence calculator", "employment history", "9c" or "CIT0177") can help you find those more extensive answers and discussions.

Anyway,

0. It is highly recommended to not apply as soon as you have reached 1095 days of physical presence (a recommendation from both IRCC and most people on this forum) but to wait a few weeks before you apply. That margin will ensure that a forgotten short trip or miscalculation won't render your application invalid.

1. The physical presence calculator asks a series of questions about your landing date and status before that date. In the calculator you are expected to include all absences from Canada while you had status as either a temporary or permanent resident. If you were neither, then that time period is not relevant for the calculation of physical presence, so if you were not in Canada as a temporary resident before March 2015 then no date before March 2015 should be listed in your absences from Canada.

Check the FAQ for the online calculator, or the form CIT0407 and its instructions if you're uncertain what exactly they're looking for.

2. Needs to cover the entire eligibility period, i.e. 5 years before the day you apply, so including the time before you became a PR.

3. Yes. Enter "N/A" for the two categories, sign and date the form. Add a letter explaining you lived outside of Canada, but were not a crown servant (or the spouse of a crown servant). This is an error in the form, really, so until it gets fixed including the form (while marking it as inapplicable) ensures that your application will not be returned for being incomplete or incorrect.