+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Senior members help

Staterun

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hello to all

I have created profile in EE but my score is very low. Now I am looking for study permit so here I will tell my situation and look for help.

I am working as a teacher in uae since past 6 months living there with my spouse.

I have done bachelors of science in chemistry and now I want to pursue Masters in chemistry from canada as I got accepted in york university of toronto.

My home country is Pakistan and I am working in uae for past 6 months.

So what would be the best sop i can give so that my application gets accepted.

Please help

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello to all

I have created profile in EE but my score is very low. Now I am looking for study permit so here I will tell my situation and look for help.

I am working as a teacher in uae since past 6 months living there with my spouse.

I have done bachelors of science in chemistry and now I want to pursue Masters in chemistry from canada as I got accepted in york university of toronto.

Please help
You SOP should include the following points?

1) why you would return back to your home country/country of residence and not stay in Canada?
2) Why are you taking this masters course and what do you aim to do with it?
3) What is your prior work experience and how does that align with the program that you have chosen?
4) Why did you choose Canada and not the UAE or Pakistan?

Also general details about yourself and what motivates you to take your course. No one can guarantee you that you will get a visa if that were possible they would not go to Canada and instead sit in their own country and charge people a lot of money for such a service.

In the end, your SOP should show a genuine interest for the program in a short and concise manner. You will probably have to do Academic IELTS assuming you did General Training IELTS for Express Entry.

Reactions: AGoodSoul

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hello to all

Please help
I think the best way is to get a study leave letter from your company that indicates that your work awaits you when you are done with your course and your salary will not be seized during your study. 6 months is too low as working experience You definitely have to find a way

Staterun

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
You SOP should include the following points?

1) why you would return back to your home country/country of residence and not stay in Canada?
2) Why are you taking this masters course and what do you aim to do with it?
3) What is your prior work experience and how does that align with the program that you have chosen?
4) Why did you choose Canada and not the UAE or Pakistan?

Also general details about yourself and what motivates you to take your course. No one can guarantee you that you will get a visa if that were possible they would not go to Canada and instead sit in their own country and charge people a lot of money for such a service.

In the end, your SOP should show a genuine interest for the program in a short and concise manner. You will probably have to do Academic IELTS assuming you did General Training IELTS for Express Entry.
1. This is the main thing I have to prove like my family (parents) are living in Pakistan but I with my spouse in Uae so should I leave my spouse behind now and then later on my spouse can apply for open work permit? Will it help?

2. So right now I am bachelors in chemistry this degree is enabling me to teach only in secondary schools in uae the salary is good but if I get my Masters degree I can apply for assistant professorand can further on give professor role in universities in uae this will get me double the salary and career growth.

3. I got graduated from American university of sharjah (I was on study permit in uae) in dec 2017 and then taken break of 4 months in Pakistan then I got offered for teaching role in uae. My goal is to pursue PHD in chemistry and teach at university level. Now since past 6 months I have been working here in the role I mentioned above.

4. My university from which I graduated American university of sharjah which is ranked 2nd in uae and 7th in all of middle east does not offer Masters in chemistry and there are not much options for masters in chemistry in uae and in pakistan as well.

Does these reasons sound good enough? Because they all are genuine and I am not making them up.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
1. This is the main thing I have to prove like my family (parents) are living in Pakistan but I with my spouse in Uae so should I leave my spouse behind now and then later on my spouse can apply for open work permit? Will it help?

2. So right now I am bachelors in chemistry this degree is enabling me to teach only in secondary schools in uae the salary is good but if I get my Masters degree I can apply for assistant professorand can further on give professor role in universities in uae this will get me double the salary and career growth.

3. I got graduated from American university of sharjah (I was on study permit in uae) in dec 2017 and then taken break of 4 months in Pakistan then I got offered for teaching role in uae. My goal is to pursue PHD in chemistry and teach at university level. Now since past 6 months I have been working here in the role I mentioned above.

4. My university from which I graduated American university of sharjah which is ranked 2nd in uae and 7th in all of middle east does not offer Masters in chemistry and there are not much options for masters in chemistry in uae and in pakistan as well.

Does these reasons sound good enough? Because they all are genuine and I am not making them up.
Right so

1) Yes your parent's would prove that you would want to visit them and for the same reason if your spouse can stay in the UAE without you requiring you to be there in the UAE with him/her then you should do that. Once you are in Canada as a student you can then apply for a spousal visa which will enable them to have an open work permit, however, do note that this is tied to your student visa. It's not clear if your spouse is Emarati but that would be an additional benefit as you would be having spousal or resident visa.

2) Fair enough career progression is a valid reason. Emphasize the fact that you have identified opportunities that are available to you in the UAE post completion.

3) Yes, I was born UAE and I am aware of the University you are talking about. Double check on their website and ensure no masters is there before stating that in your visa. If there is a similar course in American University you can compare to your program in York University and highlight the good points that you feel make it worth more.

They sound valid. Write a SOP and then probe it like you are a visa officer. See as if you are someone who does not know about you and find out where there is any point missing or some detail you can add. Be genuine in your SOP, have good IELTS and good academics and you should get your VISA without issue. Amount of work experience is less but since you graduated recently I don't think that's an issue.

Universities are easier to apply than colleges since a lot of people use colleges to go for PR since it's cheaper. Get admission, get you PGWP and then you can apply for PR once your completed college. Good luck

Reactions: AGoodSoul

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Bro put ur heart and soul in it. Trust me... I was in same situation. But perseverance pays.

Remember to get atleast overall 8.0 in IELTS academic. It's not that hard... See my posts in forum for links to study

And yes it may take 3-6 months for u to go n there's an uphill Journey waiting there in Canada for u to prove and move then call Ur wife
But honestly stay positive and u will make it.

Research as much. Make notes of what mistakes you should not make based on other ppls posts.

This forum is full of wisdom.
Use it wisely

Wish u good luck

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018

It's good enough, but do not leave your spouse out. Include your spouse in your state of purpose. If you have kids too, include them in your statement of purpose. Say something like this( The most important thing in the world is family and love. My family is my life and anything else comes second as far as what's important to me. If your wife and kids are in UAE, you will say, I intend to return to uae after my program to take care of my family. Returning to uae to support my wife and kids is my priority. I hope that sounds good

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
It's good enough, but do not leave your spouse out. Include your spouse in your state of purpose. If you have kids too, include them in your statement of purpose. Say something like this( The most important thing in the world is family and love. My family is my life and anything else comes second as far as what's important to me. If your wife and kids are in UAE, you will say, I intend to return to uae after my program to take care of my family. Returning to uae to support my wife and kids is my priority. I hope that sounds good
I think he meant he was going to first go to Canada and then once in Canada, he will bring his wife over. I don't think he meant that he will not include them in the SOP. Also, I would avoid using such over the top language as it is obvious that you are trying to impress the VO. You can just simply mention that you have family in the UAE.

Staterun

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Right so

1) Yes your parent's would prove that you would want to visit them and for the same reason if your spouse can stay in the UAE without you requiring you to be there in the UAE with him/her then you should do that. Once you are in Canada as a student you can then apply for a spousal visa which will enable them to have an open work permit, however, do note that this is tied to your student visa. It's not clear if your spouse is Emarati but that would be an additional benefit as you would be having spousal or resident visa.

2) Fair enough career progression is a valid reason. Emphasize the fact that you have identified opportunities that are available to you in the UAE post completion.

3) Yes, I was born UAE and I am aware of the University you are talking about. Double check on their website and ensure no masters is there before stating that in your visa. If there is a similar course in American University you can compare to your program in York University and highlight the good points that you feel make it worth more.

They sound valid. Write a SOP and then probe it like you are a visa officer. See as if you are someone who does not know about you and find out where there is any point missing or some detail you can add. Be genuine in your SOP, have good IELTS and good academics and you should get your VISA without issue. Amount of work experience is less but since you graduated recently I don't think that's an issue.

Universities are easier to apply than colleges since a lot of people use colleges to go for PR since it's cheaper. Get admission, get you PGWP and then you can apply for PR once your completed college. Good luck

Thanks for your detailed answer my wife is not emirati and she is under my sponsorship for now I will not resign from my job and will only take leaves.

From what I understood from your answer that my SOPs are good enough but what is your advice should I apply for my wife OWP straight away or after getting my student visa?

Will it make a good convincing impact on officer to grant me a visa only on that reason that I am leaving my wife behind?

And As I said I am working only in uae for past 6 months so I dont have any asset in uae all of my savings are kept by me for my studies in canada.

So with my SOP I will only be using my family ties to prove my return from Canada and to go with it I will show evidence of not enough good level institutions in UAE or Pakistan to study Masters in chemistry.

And then secondly by showing advertisments of professors jobs in universites of uae requiring masters in chemistry which will give them the idea that there is a good scope of huge tax free salary with perks in uae for this job.

Advice?

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Thanks for your detailed answer my wife is not emirati and she is under my sponsorship for now I will not resign from my job and will only take leaves.

From what I understood from your answer that my SOPs are good enough but what is your advice should I apply for my wife OWP straight away or after getting my student visa?

Will it make a good convincing impact on officer to grant me a visa only on that reason that I am leaving my wife behind?

And As I said I am working only in uae for past 6 months so I dont have any asset in uae all of my savings are kept by me for my studies in canada.

So with my SOP I will only be using my family ties to prove my return from Canada and to go with it I will show evidence of not enough good level institutions in UAE or Pakistan to study Masters in chemistry.

And then secondly by showing advertisments of professors jobs in universites of uae requiring masters in chemistry which will give them the idea that there is a good scope of huge tax free salary with perks in uae for this job.

Advice?

Instead of saying there are no good level institute... Highlight program benefits and say that is rarely available in the courses. If some part is available then the other is missing in addition the courses are way longer in duration. (Some part) missing.... U need to actually research and add those real course elements. In my case....I saw the years curriculum and compares wid Indian colleges.. then pin picked what's missing and just wrote 3 lines in different paragraphs. When you share a narrative... It need not have all points in same paragraph

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

Advice?
OK in that case then mention you have taken leave from you current company to study as that would show you have a job to come back to.

You can only apply for her open work permit when you have got you're student visa. Her open work permit is based on you having a student visa.

I would suggest once you get your student visa and go to Canada first settle down and the process your wife's OWP and then you can being her.

No need to show job postings and all that just mention that for type course Canada has better options that UAE or Pakistan. You can give some specifics

Staterun

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
OK in that case then mention you have taken leave from you current company to study as that would show you have a job to come back to.

You can only apply for her open work permit when you have got you're student visa. Her open work permit is based on you having a student visa.

I would suggest once you get your student visa and go to Canada first settle down and the process your wife's OWP and then you can being her.

No need to show job postings and all that just mention that for type course Canada has better options that UAE or Pakistan. You can give some specifics
Thank you very much for your help

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

SP and SOWP can be applied the same time. Although it is advisable to apply for SP first then SOWP later.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
SP and SOWP can be applied the same time. Although it is advisable to apply for SP first then SOWP later.
Oh not married so didn't look too much into that but bringing your family in tow would not look too good when you are saying you are not going to stay in Canada. So regardless it would be better to get a SP first.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Oh not married so didn't look too much into that but bringing your family in tow would not look too good when you are saying you are not going to stay in Canada. So regardless it would be better to get a SP first.
Not really. My friend applied his SP together with SOWP for his wife. He applied non-SDS and he got his approval in just one week. Just saying that technically, the process you mentioned that SOWP can only be applied after the applicant already have approval is incorrect.