+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seneca September/Fall 2019 Intake

Pateldpk

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Education wise you need to decide what you are going to do in life. Both programs are different. The advantage of the Lambton college program is that it is a 2 years degree which will give you a 3-year PGWP versus the 1-year PGWP that the Seneca course will give you, but that isn't really going to help unless you know what you are going to do. The Lambton program has a work term which means 4 months of co-op versus the Seneca's 1-month co-op.

Honestly, I don't know much about the career prospects of both courses. To me personally, project management is something that Engineering students take and not B.com students. I would think that courses to do with Marketing or Accounting would be more popular with business students than project management. Also, project management is something that requires experience in another sector.

If I were to put your degree to the program I would personally choose Financial Planning, the course gives you a path towards accreditation which is a requirement for a job. Your degree gives you a background in finance already and hopefully, if you impress the people at the company during your 1 month of co-op you could land a job.

The visa will be the same if you go for either course. Once course at least to me seems more suited to your previous education and the other gives you longer PGWP. Also, do note Seneca facilities in Toronto are more than Lambton college's facilities in Toronto.
Thank you so much. You cleared my doubt. Can you please tell me when should I apply for study permit for September 2019 intake OR Like after March-April or May (2019)?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you so much. You cleared my doubt. Can you please tell me when should I apply for study permit for September 2019 intake OR Like after March-April or May (2019)?
Depends on when your program starts. Sept intake is the largest one. It would be more tight to go for may intake as there is only 5 months to may but it's not too late. Ultimately your preference.

Pateldpk

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Depends on when your program starts. Sept intake is the largest one. It would be more tight to go for may intake as there is only 5 months to may but it's not too late. Ultimately your preference.
No I means to say. How advance I am allowed to lodge my file for study permit? For September intake can i

saha.anupam93

Dec 21, 2018
You can apply directly without any fuss. It is pretty easy, agents have their quotas and if they have filled they will say no. It's not too late to apply for Sept 2019 as there are still 7 months left.
Applied under SDS for Jan intake on 3rd DEC offline paper based via VFS and agency Name : CANAM
Got an email on 12th Dec from IRCC to go for medicals with IME number BUT I ALREADY HAD DONE MEDICALS ON 22ND NOV 2018 AND SUBMITTED THE RECEIPT WITH UMI NUMBER.
Agency linked my paper based application on 17th DEC online.
Till now no updates.
2nd Jan 2019 was the orientation so i have to deffer soon and inform the college.
Mailed The delhi embassy 10 times but no reply at all.
Can any one help if any one had the same issue.
How many days does it take in this case for the medicals to get updated.
Is there any time line or the passport will be there at the embassy for indefinate number of days???

Pateldpk

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Applied under SDS for Jan intake on 3rd DEC offline paper based via VFS and agency Name : CANAM
Got an email on 12th Dec from IRCC to go for medicals with IME number BUT I ALREADY HAD DONE MEDICALS ON 22ND NOV 2018 AND SUBMITTED THE RECEIPT WITH UMI NUMBER.
Agency linked my paper based application on 17th DEC online.
Till now no updates.
2nd Jan 2019 was the orientation so i have to deffer soon and inform the college.
Mailed The delhi embassy 10 times but no reply at all.
Can any one help if any one had the same issue.
How many days does it take in this case for the medicals to get updated.
Is there any time line or the passport will be there at the embassy for indefinate number of days???
Normally if embassy call for medical then that is indication of visa approval as per my experience but in your case I guess it because you applied late. Not sure but December is really very late for January intake. But finger cross. You will get it soon. It's good sign after all.

sukhreetsinghrai057

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
I also got the offer letter from Seneca for Financial Planning for September 2019. I am waiting for offer letter from Lambton for (FPWT). Because Seneca has one year program. please suggest me Seneca or Lambton which one is better to go? 1 year PG will risk visa chances or not?
In how many days u got offer letter?