+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENECA COLLEGE SEP 2020 FRAUD EXAM AND FORENSIC ACCT PROGRAMME

jyos

Oct 14, 2020
I did not, I just applied for it.
Every course can be competitive depending on the credentials and amount of people applying.

I do not know anything about that program, but you can just browse through Seneca's overview of the program or check LinkedIn for people that are either studying that program currently or studied the program before for advise.

Do you happen to know if the employment prospects are good upon completion of this certificate? I have scoured linkedin and it seems as if a lot of students go on to do another certification in AML (like the one i mentioned ealier)

jyos

Oct 14, 2020
Do you happen to know if the employment prospects are good upon completion of this certificate? I have scoured linkedin and it seems as if a lot of students go on to do another certification in AML (like the one i mentioned ealier)
I'm an ACCA student with an Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business. I will finsih the course in Jan'21. Do you think my odds of being admitted are good with this profile?

SubbyShal

Apr 25, 2020
Honestly, Jobs are competitive. There will always be available jobs but how to get it depends on your networking, putting yourself out there in a different and better way, your grade and overall the grace of God.

Most international students do 2 years program so as to get a 3 years work permit because getting a job and meeting the 1 year work experience requirement isn't so easy (depends on how lucky you are) so to give people time they just go for another program and get 3 years work permit after.

SubbyShal

Apr 25, 2020
I'm an ACCA student with an Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business. I will finsih the course in Jan'21. Do you think my odds of being admitted are good with this profile?
Not to derail you, the best thing is to send this question to Seneca's international admissions or to the mail of the said program coordinator.

I am not a staff, just an aspiring student like you

jyos

Oct 14, 2020
I see, yes. I will contact them directly. Thanks for your inputs, I really appreciate it.

Do you plan on taking on another course once you finish this one? I've seen quite a few people complete two courses in order to get a 3 year PGWP

SubbyShal

Apr 25, 2020
I see, yes. I will contact them directly. Thanks for your inputs, I really appreciate it.

Do you plan on taking on another course once you finish this one? I've seen quite a few people complete two courses in order to get a 3 year PGWP
You are welcome.

Probably but It all depends on luck and how the future plays out.

jyos

Oct 14, 2020
I did not, I just applied for it.
Every course can be competitive depending on the credentials and amount of people applying.

I do not know anything about that program, but you can just browse through Seneca's overview of the program or check LinkedIn for people that are either studying that program currently or studied the program before for advise.
Hi again. Thanks for helping me out with this.

I have another question - does your LOA mention the duration of the course? Does it say it's one year in length or 8 months?

I read on a couple of threads that if it's only 8 months, we only get an 8 month PGWP upon graduation.

SubbyShal

Apr 25, 2020
Hi again. Thanks for helping me out with this.

I have another question - does your LOA mention the duration of the course? Does it say it's one year in length or 8 months?

I read on a couple of threads that if it's only 8 months, we only get an 8 month PGWP upon graduation.
Hello again. I apologise, I am just seeing this.

Well, my LOA says it starts September and ends April. That's about it.

8-months program are seen as 1 year, so you get 1 year PGWP.