+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending self addressed stamped envelope from US to Canada?

jimidrix5

Jul 23, 2011
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to send my documents from the US to Canada in a self-addressed stamped envelope so that I can receive the confirmation of permanent residence letter. With USPS I don't think I could do that because I don't have Canadian postage for them to return the documents back to me. I asked FedEx and it looks like it would be $84(!) to do it. Anyone have practical advise for this situation? I suppose a lot of people have to do this and there should be an easier way...

Thank you.

jimidrix5

Jul 23, 2011
jeffporfirio1 said:
Order some US-bound stamps online from Canada Post
http://tinyurl.com/zcwhw44
Thanks,

I ended up going back to FedEx and opened an account. They created the shipping label with "bill sender" so that I will pay for however much it costs to return it. Cost only $21 USD to send up. Does CIC expect everyone in this situation to buy stamps online? Even then are you supposed to guess how much postage you need? I wish you could just pay for this online or there was a flat fee to the US or whichever region in the world... very frustrating.

jay_san30m

Sep 6, 2017
@jimidrix5 I am in the same situation. Did it work for you? All the top carriers (FeDex, DHL, UPS, USPS) cannot help with this from their local offices. Only FeDex has the online option however I am concerned about my passport getting stuck in customs on way back.

Jeksis

Mar 5, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / New York
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2017
IELTS Request
24-08-2017
Med's Done....
26-07-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Email CIC asking them to authorize to send the documents to a Canadian visa office located in the US.

They indicate this as an option in the PPR email and this is the cheapest option.