+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending PR Card by Courier

craftydev

Apr 4, 2019
Just got my PR card from to US to Canada through UPS International Ground. The package was inspected by customs and it took around 24 hours for it to clear. The package got delayed by a day.

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
My PR card was received by me in 7 business days. My cousin sent it to me using Canadapost EMS service.

Apr 13, 2019
Did anyone travel with a pr card delivered to them by courier. Were there any issues, or everything went smoothly? Please share your experience.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Did anyone travel with a pr card sent to them my courier? Pls share your experience. Did u face any issues?
Why should there be any issues, the airline for example has no idea how you got your PR card just as long as you have one. CBSA are only interested that you have a valid card, they have no role to play in the actual issue/ distribution of PR cards other than the initial landing application submission.

No need to over think things that somehow there is some monitoring on how someone got their card, both IRCC and CBSA hopefully have better things to waste time on.

adha

Oct 31, 2018
Just got my PR card from to US to Canada through UPS International Ground. The package was inspected by customs and it took around 24 hours for it to clear. The package got delayed by a day.
I'm in the same boat. I used FEDEX and the status there says 'Package Available for Clearance'. Do you know how much time it takes from this status to the package being delivered? Did you also see a similar status on your shipment?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
@KrCanada @DEEPCUR

Congratulations on receiving your PR card.

I want to get my PR card from Canada to USA too via FedEx. could you please share some details about how you filled out the return shipment label? what did you select in Package and Shipment Details? In document description I have selected 'legal documents' and shipment purpose as 'Personal Use'. Is that okay?

Also, what should I add in Custom Documentation? I just want to make sure everything is fine and there won't be any issue receiving PR card via FedEx from Canada to USA.

Thank you in advance.
Did this work out ok for you? The description as "Legal Documents" and "Personal Use"

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
I'm in the same boat. I used FEDEX and the status there says 'Package Available for Clearance'. Do you know how much time it takes from this status to the package being delivered? Did you also see a similar status on your shipment?
Hi did you received. you PR card by courier from Canada to USA?

tejinder1985

Nov 14, 2023
hello, My brother mailed my Canada PR card to USA via UPS, It got stopped by US Customs.. Currently am seeing "The package is in a secure facility pending clearance or resolution. "

has anyone gone through the same issue?. Any idea how long will it take?
Will US customs release my package?.
It has been 4 days with the same Pending clearance status.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, My brother mailed my Canada PR card to USA via UPS, It got stopped by US Customs.. Currently am seeing "The package is in a secure facility pending clearance or resolution. "

has anyone gone through the same issue?. Any idea how long will it take?
Will US customs release my package?.
It has been 4 days with the same Pending clearance status.
Because the cards have an RFID `chip', they almost always trigger something when being sent via a courier. Unless the card is a prohibited item in the country where it is being sent, or a restriction with the carrier, you should eventually get your card.

tejinder1985

Nov 14, 2023
Because the cards have an RFID `chip', they almost always trigger something when being sent via a courier. Unless the card is a prohibited item in the country where it is being sent, or a restriction with the carrier, you should eventually get your card.
Thanks I hope so too. I read some threads where people have claimed to get the PR cards even though it was opened/ reviewed by US Customs.