App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Is it safe to send a PR Card via FedEx from Canada to India? I read something about customs potentially seizing and confiscating it, is that an actual thing that could happen?

Thank you in advance!

Amandeep_87

Jan 25, 2024
I had the overnight delivery. But it took 10 days in US Customs..as soon as Customs cleared it I got it the next day. I used UPS......
I'm facing the same situation -- I'm in the U.S. but my card arrived at my friend's in Canada.
May I ask how you prepared the package for mail? Do I need to directly put the PR card envelope in a UPS pak or buy a book or something then put the card inside?

tejinder1985

Nov 14, 2023
I'm facing the same situation -- I'm in the U.S. but my card arrived at my friend's in Canada.
May I ask how you prepared the package for mail? Do I need to directly put the PR card envelope in a UPS pak or buy a book or something then put the card inside?
your friend can buy a shipping label and then he can send it to you via FedEx or UPS, putting it in the book would not make any difference as the card has RFI ID which gets triggered every time when custom scans the package,so what I did my brother put the whole package just like the way it came and put it in the envelope and sent it to me that’s it.

Having the card stuck at US customs are quite rare, but if it does happen, do not be worried they do open the package and they just gonna forward back to you.

Reactions: Amandeep_87

Amandeep_87

Jan 25, 2024
your friend can buy a shipping label and then he can send it to you via FedEx or UPS, putting it in the book would not make any difference as the card has RFI ID which gets triggered every time when custom scans the package,so what I did my brother put the whole package just like the way it came and put it in the envelope and sent it to me that’s it.

Having the card stuck at US customs are quite rare, but if it does happen, do not be worried they do open the package and they just gonna forward back to you.
Thank you for your quick response!
So, at UPS, my friend can just directly tell the the staff it's *immigration documents* and they would just let it pass? My concern is since IRCC wouldn't allow a third person handles or mails the PR card, would the UPS staff intervene?

tejinder1985

Nov 14, 2023
Thank you for your quick response!
So, at UPS, my friend can just directly tell the the staff it's *immigration documents* and they would just let it pass? My concern is since IRCC wouldn't allow a third person handles or mails the PR card, would the UPS staff intervene?
UPS doesn’t care about it your friend can just go to UPS and ask him to write documents on it because your friend will have to mention what kind of thing is in the envelope so in case these are documents also make it overnight delivery.

Reactions: Amandeep_87

Amandeep_87

Jan 25, 2024
UPS doesn’t care about it your friend can just go to UPS and ask him to write documents on it because your friend will have to mention what kind of thing is in the envelope so in case these are documents also make it overnight delivery.
Got it. Thanks again for your quick and thorough response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
it is very usual be able to send your new PR card if living abroad. Was it very clear that your residential address is in the US and you are living in the US in your application?

Amandeep_87

Jan 25, 2024
it is very usual be able to send your new PR card if living abroad. Was it very clear that your residential address is in the US and you are living in the US in your application?
Yes, my address is in the U.S. in the application. only left a friend's address to receive the card. She has sent out the card today. I'll see how soon it arrives safely.