+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Police Certificate via Webform (CSE) - Notary required?

BTSDNA

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
I got an email with a request for my countries police certificate (PC). My country issues PCs in PDF format and I got a translation from a certified translator in Alberta.
The request letter says that the PC can be sent digitally via the web form.

• If your documents are not in French or English, a certified (notarized) translation must be submitted with a copy of the original version.
  • Original Police Certificate – For additional information on how to obtain your Police Certificate please go to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. When sending your documents via the Case Specific Enquiry, you must provide a scan of the original document. We do not accept copies scanned by notaries.
  • Original Language Tests - When sending your documents via the Case Specific Enquiry, you must provide a scan of the original document. We do not accept copies scanned by notaries.
My question is, do I need to get a notary to certify that the translation is based off an unmodified copy of the original? My translator provided 2 pages: the first one containing the translation and the second is a photocopy of the original, both pages are stamped. What would be the need for a notary in this case when everything will be scanned by me and sent via the Webform (Case Specific Enquiry)?
Thanks!