+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passports to Canada from USA

nin_ja

Star Member
May 20, 2016
MidoRafa said:
As of late 2016, they accept non-Canada Post labels/envelopes. I personally included a prepaid FedEx envelope+label and they used that to return the passport
Thanks for the information. I am planning to use Fedex as well, but am confused about the customs declaration. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me if I need to send any extra customs declaration / forms along with the return label/envelope? Really worried that it might get stuck at Customs, so would greatly appreciate it if someone with prior experience could help me understand this. Thank you very much!

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
nin_ja said:
Thanks for the information. I am planning to use Fedex as well, but am confused about the customs declaration. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me if I need to send any extra customs declaration / forms along with the return label/envelope? Really worried that it might get stuck at Customs, so would greatly appreciate it if someone with prior experience could help me understand this. Thank you very much!

I sent my passport from the US to Canada. I had to open a free FedEx account in order for them to include the self-addressed envelope in the shipment. This is because they can't charge in advance so they will charge your account when the package leaves Canada customs.
I filled out the custom forms on both ends so CIC just has to drop off the envelope at FedEx location. Make sure you get a copy of the self addressed form. It has tracking info. I see my application has been approved and waiting for the tracker to be activated.

nin_ja

Star Member
May 20, 2016
VOBuckeye said:
I sent my passport from the US to Canada. I had to open a free FedEx account in order for them to include the self-addressed envelope in the shipment. This is because they can't charge in advance so they will charge your account when the package leaves Canada customs.
I filled out the custom forms on both ends so CIC just has to drop off the envelope at FedEx location. Make sure you get a copy of the self addressed form. It has tracking info. I see my application has been approved and waiting for the tracker to be activated.
Thanks for the information VOBuckeye. Appreciate it.

Dec 5, 2016
Hi VOBuckeye,

Thanks for sharing. Did you encounter any issue receiving your passport?

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hi VOBuckeye,

Thanks for sharing. Did you encounter any issue receiving your passport?
No issue at all. I was able to track it and it was delivered 2 days after CIC sent it back to me.

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
What if principal applicant is in Canada and dependent in USA? CIC ask one single package. Can dependent send passport to principal applicant (PA) through courier and then PA send both passports together to cic and both passports will return back to PA address in Canada, ???? Is it legal?

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
What if principal applicant is in Canada and dependent in USA? CIC ask one single package. Can dependent send passport to principal applicant (PA) through courier and then PA send both passports together to cic and both passports will return back to PA address in Canada, ???? Is it legal?
i think it should be ok

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I am also in a similar situation - I am trying to send passport from USA to Canada through FedEx however while creating the return label on FedEx website, they are asking me for

1. specific shipping date for the return envelope
2. if the return package will be a pick up or drop off.

How did you fill out the above questions on their forms?

Thank you very much for helping out! I am really concerned about the return label so would appreciate your help.:)

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
I am also in a similar situation - I am trying to send passport from USA to Canada through FedEx however while creating the return label on FedEx website, they are asking me for

1. specific shipping date for the return envelope
2. if the return package will be a pick up or drop off.

How did you fill out the above questions on their forms?

Thank you very much for helping out! I am really concerned about the return label so would appreciate your help.:)
Hello,
There' no way to determine the exact shipping date. Why don' you go to the store and have them do it for you? You don' have to provide shipping dates. The return envelop should ship to your address unless you prefer to pick up from FedEx store.